Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 21-06-2014
Mad Member

welsh

and you are out well look at the positive youre not out by loosing in penelty shoots ................

and i guess the english tabloids are screaming and begging for svennis to do a comeback ....

because atleast with svennis the played differently more running game , the badside with that was that you had beckham man he was slow hardly couldnt run at all....

now with hodgson the english was back to down to the goal line and just smack the ball in and hoping some striker would change the ball direction. man the english has played that game for like even before i was born ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJhda58asJI

just some salt in the wound....

mvh isobarik
Old 23-06-2014

Default Pics Lazer ZX-RR

Dan,

Pics attached buddy!

rgds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090001.jpg (259.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg P1090005.jpg (122.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg P1090006.jpg (228.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1090007.jpg (241.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P1090010.jpg (251.7 KB, 35 views)

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 28-06-2014

Factory fresh!
Old 28-06-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
welsh

and you are out well look at the positive youre not out by loosing in penelty shoots ................

and i guess the english tabloids are screaming and begging for svennis to do a comeback ....

because atleast with svennis the played differently more running game , the badside with that was that you had beckham man he was slow hardly couldnt run at all....

now with hodgson the english was back to down to the goal line and just smack the ball in and hoping some striker would change the ball direction. man the english has played that game for like even before i was born ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJhda58asJI

just some salt in the wound....

mvh isobarik
Iso,

England are crap, get rid of the old crap five players and get doing what Chilie are doing by playing well. england will never win it again.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 19-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post

Otherwise get the tub, you will drool over it once you have one, just ask Dan from Australia
Haven't been on here for a while so missed this, I am still waiting on my tub(s) from Fibrelyte which are part of an order of standard and custom parts. They seem to be really busy, the last week I haven't gotten any responses to emails James is Stephen on holidays by any chance?

I have a question about the ZX-RR exactly what shocks does it have, are they ultimate shocks and if so what are Ultimate shocks, are they just an equalizer shock without the threaded body or something else again?
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 20-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS_TRD View Post
Haven't been on here for a while so missed this, I am still waiting on my tub(s) from Fibrelyte which are part of an order of standard and custom parts. They seem to be really busy, the last week I haven't gotten any responses to emails James is Stephen on holidays by any chance?

I have a question about the ZX-RR exactly what shocks does it have, are they ultimate shocks and if so what are Ultimate shocks, are they just an equalizer shock without the threaded body or something else again?
Equaliser unthreaded i believe some were threaded and were in only limited numbers after Ellis won the euros but was gold shocks for most.
Answer UK team driver
Old 20-07-2014

Guys, need someone to take a picture of the RPM front knuckle arms taken apart and measurements of the bearings as well as ive got the knuckle arms but no bearings. Id like to use these as they are good quality.
Answer UK team driver
Old 21-07-2014

I have a set of medium and long equalisers here and they do have the threaded body, I think they will wind up on my Ultima project. I also have a pair of short equalisers which aren't threaded.

James you are in luck re the knuckle arms I have a pair of RPMs here with bearings will dig them out and measure this week
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 21-07-2014

Dan, cheers, think the front bearing is flanged, possible there may also be a spacer as well.
Answer UK team driver
Old 25-07-2014

Dan,

Dont forget about the knuckle arms and bearings.
Answer UK team driver
Old 26-07-2014

Hi James

I managed to pull the knuckle arms out during the week but couldn't get the hexes off to look at the bearings, but managed to do that today, they were really on tight an ended up snapping the threaded shaft on one of the UJs when using two nuts as a locknut ....

Anyway, the bearings are flanged, no spacer in the middle and have regular 10mm OD and normal width (4mm IIRC) so nothing special should be easy to get.

Glad I removed the knuckles from the hubs I didn't realise they had metal inserts for the threads which is nice, are they still available new?

One thing you are going to need is a spacer for the knuckle as they are not as tall as the OT-16 and are a very loose fit in the C-hubs, or maybe you have different hubs to mine.

I need a favor from you James, when next you speak to Stephen at Fibrelyte can you find out what is going on with my order
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 26-07-2014

I think Fibrelyte have some staffing issues at the moment because one of them was in an accident recently, probably going to delay all orders for awhile.
Old 26-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek23k View Post
I think Fibrelyte have some staffing issues at the moment because one of them was in an accident recently, probably going to delay all orders for awhile.
Yup, i did mention this a while ago, its a 3 man team and he cant use his right hand / arm due to his bike crash. Luckily he only had that considering how bad an accident it was.
Answer UK team driver
Old 26-07-2014

Quote:
Hi James

I managed to pull the knuckle arms out during the week but couldn't get the hexes off to look at the bearings, but managed to do that today, they were really on tight an ended up snapping the threaded shaft on one of the UJs when using two nuts as a locknut ....

Anyway, the bearings are flanged, no spacer in the middle and have regular 10mm OD and normal width (4mm IIRC) so nothing special should be easy to get.

Glad I removed the knuckles from the hubs I didn't realise they had metal inserts for the threads which is nice, are they still available new?

One thing you are going to need is a spacer for the knuckle as they are not as tall as the OT-16 and are a very loose fit in the C-hubs, or maybe you have different hubs to mine.

I need a favor from you James, when next you speak to Stephen at Fibrelyte can you find out what is going on with my order
Dan,

Sorry mate for messing you around - the bearings sizes, i need the exact width dimensions from one side of the flanged edge to the other and would summise the bearing sidewall Is 10mm across and inside as 4mm.

Yes metal inerds on the king pin screw holes and no havent found any new ones, from what i gather they only did a limited run of these. Mine were given to me by a Racer mag writer but he couldnt find the bearings. I will space out as you recomend but is very easy to do as all you need is the washers section that comes with a part for the zxs as on that you can raise or lower the knuckle arm.

I will call Stephen on Monday & find out where they are with your order but would guess its been delayed a bit.
Answer UK team driver
Old 27-07-2014

Hi James

Checked again with the calipers and my memory was correct the bearings are 4mm width from outside of one surface to the other so they are just a regular bearing. My RPM hubs are going to go onto one of the tubs that Stephen is going to send me, the vintage tub I have here is going to be the runner

I also picked up another real cool part which is a pair of Team Atlas blue anodised steering posts, new in packet. The have a wider section part way up the shaft so you don't need the lower spacer from the steering parts, not sure if they should go on the 21st Century Mid or the above mentioned tun that will get the RPM parts.

I appreciate you following up with Stephen, he has mentioned the situation to me in email but the last couple weeks he has not been responding to emails, I suspect they are super busy or maybe he has had to take some time off work
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 27-07-2014

Quote:
Hi James

Checked again with the calipers and my memory was correct the bearings are 4mm width from outside of one surface to the other so they are just a regular bearing. My RPM hubs are going to go onto one of the tubs that Stephen is going to send me, the vintage tub I have here is going to be the runner

I also picked up another real cool part which is a pair of Team Atlas blue anodised steering posts, new in packet. The have a wider section part way up the shaft so you don't need the lower spacer from the steering parts, not sure if they should go on the 21st Century Mid or the above mentioned tun that will get the RPM parts.

I appreciate you following up with Stephen, he has mentioned the situation to me in email but the last couple weeks he has not been responding to emails, I suspect they are super busy or maybe he has had to take some time off work
If you recal you asked me what they were when i posted pics on either my zxs or zxr, but were designed for them both and the pure ten. Diffs were the best things they came up with and never came across a diff as good anywhere else. Bearings what i meant was yes they are the normal size but if they are both flanged what width is the flange as they sell a lot of different width flanged bearings? Is it 1mm, 2 or 3?
Answer UK team driver
Old 28-07-2014

IIRC I had asked you about why you were using the Optima Mid steering posts with the C-clip and not full length lazer ones but may have asked about the Atlas ones too, they are full height

I measured the flange and its 1mm width, if anything a tad under
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 28-07-2014

Quote:
IIRC I had asked you about why you were using the Optima Mid steering posts with the C-clip and not full length lazer ones but may have asked about the Atlas ones too, they are full height

I measured the flange and its 1mm width, if anything a tad under
Cheers. Yes i do prefer those Optima items when using the tub chassis. It most probably was on my ZXS then, and think it was before you bought yours. Still team atlas did think their designs thru and not only look the paet but work really well as well.
Answer UK team driver
Old 28-07-2014

no problem, happy to help. Speaking of ZX-S mine now has blue anodised gearbox posts to match the other parts on it. Still need to install the chassis and steering posts and blue Kyosho nuts throughout. I had a second set of gearbox posts done for my second tub build
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 11-08-2014

Finally got round to sorting out some UJ's for my ZXR rebuild. I'm currently not working due to a leg injury so I figured it would kill some time. I got the LA232 for the front and LA245 with the 231.02 axles.

Now my question, what hubs should I be running on the rear?

Also, tried emailing Fibrelyte last week to see if they'd got anywhere with my tub but haven't had any response yet