Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 10-08-2015

Default newbie question here

Hi me and my boy are thing of joining your club.
We will both be new to the rc racing so after some simple advice.
My boy had a dhk wolf 1:10 4wd brussless.what tyres will I need to get for him before bringing him to the track.
I'm in the process of getting a car but on a very small budget.
I have ftx vantage that I can upgrade to brushless but I have seen a 1:10 4wd buggy on eBay brussless for the same price as upgrading my vantage.
Again what tyres Willi need to have and if things progress what t-motor do you all use?
Spoke to a guy in addlestone model shop and he said before buying anything to speak to you guys first to see what I'm allowed motor wise.
We will be planning on coming to a practice meeting one night to meet you all first but any simple advice will be great.
Many thanks
Old 10-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesscott32 View Post
Hi me and my boy are thing of joining your club.
My boy had a dhk wolf 1:10 4wd brussless.what tyres will I need to get for him before bringing him to the track.
I have ftx vantage that I can upgrade to brushless but I have seen a 1:10 4wd buggy on eBay brussless for the same price as upgrading my vantage.
Again what tyres Willi need to have and if things progress what t-motor do you all use?
Spoke to a guy in addlestone model shop and he said before buying anything to speak to you guys first to see what I'm allowed motor wise.
We will be planning on coming to a practice meeting one night to meet you all first but any simple advice will be great.
Many thanks
Surrey and Hants is one of the best clubs around which I'm sure you'll see if you come down to a meeting.
The best way to get an idea for the best way to go for your choice of electrics is to ask the guys there as they are always ready to answer any questions you may have
Old 11-08-2015

Nice to hear someone thinking we are one of the best clubs around - kind words.

James to answer your questions / comments:

Quote:
For dry weather it will be for the Schumacher Mini spikes yellow compound and for wet weather Ballistic Buggy green mini spikes (front and rear respectively)

Quote:
Without knowing what the other buggy on ebay is it's hard to say, but we have been working with a local retailer to promote the ftx vantage to create an entry class anyway as the foray into race buggies can be quite daunting when you first start out so it really depends what the other buggy is and its condition etc

Quote:
The same as mentioned above - simple reason being its the grip relative tot he astro turf we race on rather than model specific for the car

Quote:
Good advice - you can run anything at Surrey & Hants RCCC but I would suggest at these early days an 8.5T would be the way to get going at the most. It's how a lot of us started. There is far more that can be learnt and done to make you faster round a circuit rather than just putting in a faster motor.

Quote:
We will be planning on coming to a practice meeting one night to meet you all first but any simple advice will be great..
You are welcome along any time - we run practice sessions every other week on a Tuesday whilst racing is every Thursday and alternate Sundays
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc

Last edited by Kelk; 11-08-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2015

Thanks for the reply and some great advice.
This buggy I'm going to get is a bsr bz-400 its on ebay and the cost of it gives me everything I need for the vantage to get going or I can just use this buggy if its any good.
Will sort out a day when me an the boy are free to come down for a nosey.
Old 11-08-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesscott32 View Post
Thanks for the reply and some great advice.
This buggy I'm going to get is a bsr bz-400 its on ebay and the cost of it gives me everything I need for the vantage to get going or I can just use this buggy if its any good.
Will sort out a day when me an the boy are free to come down for a nosey.
The BSR cars are from Hobbyking
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...bled_kit_.html

I've never seen one, but there was a build and run report on the 2wd version on here a few months back. Seemed OK(ish) but not a glowing report. I'd suggest spares for FTX would be easier to come by as Hobbyking are undoubtably competitive prices, but postage can be quite high

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...