Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

View Poll Results: How often do we want indoor winter race meetings?
7 like last year 3 15.00%
Fortnightly 16 80.00%
Every three weeks 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-08-2013

I'm not very local, quick look online and I found this site http://www.schoollettings.org/partner-schools_51_3.html Tottington sounds possible?
In my experience halls with stages can be useful to clubs as storage is often available too, stage makes a podium.
Old 19-08-2013

Totty high does sound good and if available, is still in bury

There is a few schools in the darwen area too

Darwen academy is new and its massive

Possible darwen leisure center may do it too? (Obviously need to check if we can and space for Storage)

Count hill is abit far away

Just a thought

TLR 22 2.0
Speed Passion
Sanwa
SMC
Old 19-08-2013

Default Venue

Going back to a fixed long term venue i think will be better as batley buggy club run in and outdoors in summer and indoor chadd and then there norm venue in winter a fixed venue close to the outdoor track would be alot better and give the option of racing during the week also.. Many years ago roch valley models had a club in Rochdale it raced Sunday and Wednesday Which was due to having a great venue that was cheap because it was long term had good turn put every meeting were some of the top drivers also started out there.. The site whit worth civic hall is still there also. Iam off work today and will chase up the place in Radcliffe
Old 19-08-2013
Mad Member

That's a good point, you would get better numbers if it wasn't in Oldham. It a ball ache
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 19-08-2013

It is a difficult location, and suffers worse than most places in bad weather.
Old 19-08-2013

I forgot to mention about darwen vale high school

Easy access and just off the m65 motorway

Think they have a large sports hall too....

What about elton high school near the bolt holt up walshaw road

I used to play football up there and they let it out

Just another idea

TLR 22 2.0
Speed Passion
Sanwa
SMC
Old 19-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
That's a good point, you would get better numbers if it wasn't in Oldham. It a ball ache
I think I've said that a million times. The venue is pants and so is the location plus it's to expensive

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 19-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremegg View Post
I forgot to mention about darwen vale high school

Easy access and just off the m65 motorway

Think they have a large sports hall too....

What about elton high school near the bolt holt up walshaw road

I used to play football up there and they let it out

Just another idea
Croston racing club used to use it to small i think to be honest
Old 19-08-2013

Used to use elton or darwen?

TLR 22 2.0
Speed Passion
Sanwa
SMC
Old 19-08-2013

Default Venue

I can get us a venue in Radcliffe 5,000 sq meters which would mean its a perm track and near to the one we ready have in my view there's no point looking a million miles alway croston raceway was good little set up but the work little is used if we are looking to do somthing were we can have our own winter series then we need look at the basic things bury buggy club shouldn't be far away from bury on my view many years ago we tried even the old mental hospital prestwich were we had plenty time to set it up and just left it as was
Old 19-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
I can get us a venue in Radcliffe 5,000 sq meters which would mean its a perm track and near to the one we ready have in my view there's no point looking a million miles alway croston raceway was good little set up but the work little is used if we are looking to do somthing were we can have our own winter series then we need look at the basic things bury buggy club shouldn't be far away from bury on my view many years ago we tried even the old mental hospital prestwich were we had plenty time to set it up and just left it as was
Somewhere like Radcliffe would be good because if you get an unexpected sunny day you can decide to have an outdoor round at short notice.
Old 19-08-2013
Mad Member

Well from the poll people want fortnightly racing, obviously we'll have to help si to make this possible but I think we should look elsewhere for winter it's too far and isn't that good. Last year there were 7 meetings planned, 1 got called off because of snow and another 1 because of no electricity (which might I add we were not informed of) and another one of the meetings was late to start because the man who opens up simply "forgot". So we had 5 meetings all winter. I'm sorry but that's just poor if you ask me. We could easily find a better venue
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 19-08-2013

Default Venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howler View Post
Somewhere like Radcliffe would be good because if you get an unexpected sunny day you can decide to have an outdoor round at short notice.
I have sent my number to si and our chairman which as a club we should all respect there view but i will say this site is in a good place and i know the Jewish family that own it as i have rented from them before its approx 5000sq meters but maybe bigger and to be very honest could be a great site to open a perm indoor venue if all the members thought racing in the week was a good idea also all the big clubs do it but it makes good sense from a business side of this and trying to build the club into something bigger were we could not throw money away renting a sports hall but have a semi prem surface and track indoors at very low cost but i would say the only issue then it shouldn't be left to si to just run race control
Old 19-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Quote:
Well from the poll people want fortnightly racing, obviously we'll have to help si to make this possible but I think we should look elsewhere for winter it's too far and isn't that good. Last year there were 7 meetings planned, 1 got called off because of snow and another 1 because of no electricity (which might I add we were not informed of) and another one of the meetings was late to start because the man who opens up simply "forgot". So we had 5 meetings all winter. I'm sorry but that's just poor if you ask me. We could easily find a better venue
Problem is it dosnt make money for the club twice monthly will further dilute the attendance thus losing even more money it ain't chadderton we had that then gave it batley due to the 3 hours set up and 12 hours at the track Sunday was to big a commitment for all of us who bothered to set up and pack away trust me do the bare minimum meetings at count hill

Old 20-08-2013

I know I won't be able to be at every winter meeting, but the ones I can attend I will gladly help set up and tidy up (just ask anyone at EPOR, I was a regular there, also set up and ran their website, it assisted with boosting numbers regularly with it's forum, videos etc.....). They race midweek (Friday's) to avoid clasheswith other clubs, it did mean some miss a few due to shifting work patterns etc, but the club made money.....
Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

Yeah fair enough on the amount of times to race a month buds but surely we can find a better venue?
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

I'm all for a new venue but you ain't going to get anything sorted for this winter but if you can all the better.

Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

We could try? It's a few months away yet?
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 20-08-2013
Mad Member

But then again maybe we should concentrate on the main priority te outdoor track for next year....
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 20-08-2013

Off topic a bit, but can I ask why it is that bury starts its meetings so late in the day I.e 11am ish? A couple of us members have been wondering about this for while because it seems that any other meetings we go to, we are usually there for 8am booking in and practice for 9am, and that's on tracks that are permanent and ready to race unlike bury where the track needs putting together first, yes I know that we are working toward having a more permanent layout at our outdoor track and that will save time on race days. Just always wandered why its a late start.