Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 10-07-2016

Default Kyosho Gold Shocks.

Hi Guys,

Numpty question time.

Fitting a set of Kyosho Gold shocks to a Tomy Ex, didn't come with shocks which is the reason I am going for these shock choices.

Although the car has no electrics the back end is sticking up in the air far too much compared to other cars I own/should. I understand the shock spring rates for the KG's are:

silver = soft
black = medium
gold = hard

Am I correct in thinking as I am currently using black springs as that's whats on the KG's I need to get myself a set of silver springs and then just use the adjustment to set to how I want to run them?

Just want to check this is the only option before potentially wasting money on the silver soft springs.

Thanks

Jamie
Old 26-07-2016

I remember it the same way. But if the only problem is the ride height, and not that the black springs are too strong, it would be a better solution to fit shorter springs maybe. I wonder if the springs for the RC10 re-re might fit for instance.
Old 27-07-2016

I'm pretty sure its the springs. I haven't had a chance yet but had some Kyosho Platinum shocks delivered which I am/have fitted to my Tub Tomy. Even without wheels these seem to be right and have the silver spring.

I'm going to order a set for the golds when I get paid next. I would actually prefer another set of Platinum's as they are the right colour for the builds but will go with the golds for now as I have them. I really need to cut back on my spending!

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-08-2016

Default Schumacher vari shock springs

These fit as well and have a far bigger range of Spring rates.
Thirteen racing or schumie spares have bundles. You will need to swop out the spring cups but Schumacher have not changed these for years and you can get a set of 4 plus ball pivots and plastic washers which fit the golds for £4
RC10 Worlds
RC10 B3
Cougar 2's
Topcat
Tamiya DT02 - use as a door stop.
Tamiya TL01 - paper weight.
Tamiya Mini - awesome fun to race

THR - Tudor-Hart Racing - Custom RC products - find us on Facebook.

SHRCCC Committee Member- Track features - design and build.

Returning racer after 25 year break - miss my Optima Mid Custom Special, but not brushed motors & SCE cells.

www.shrccc.co.uk