Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2013

Here is the rccaoi contacts page, its a 1/10 off road issue, so the 1/10 off road rep.

http://rccaoi.com/index.php/contacts

Im goin racing now

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 22-05-2013
Mad Member

Where is round 1 to be held now that Naul has been ruled out? Navan, BADMCC or Cork?
Old 22-05-2013

well this must he a hot topic

here we are on page 4 in 2 days
Old 22-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Where is round 1 to be held now that Naul has been ruled out? Navan, BADMCC or Cork?
Not 100% sure but I'd say it will be a 3 round championship?
Old 23-05-2013

Thumbs down

Old 23-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
as I said not a 100% sure just a guess on my behalf.

Another round could be run on one of the other tracks?
Old 23-05-2013

4 pages in 2 days..lol..just shows the feeling that the MAJORITY,yes the MAJORITY of racers feelings against the very FEW!!!..
complete bollocks if I'm truthful..
can't wait for the start of a thread if there was something really serious!! could turn into a book lol
Im not against anyones views..its a free world..but this is just childish.
I don't care who has issues with who,can be resolved so easily..and those in question will get a little respect back along with it..must be about the hobby...everytime.
I realise that the other venues are sooo perfect they are obviously a hard act to follow..
that's as sarcastic as I possibly can be on a text..
and before other clubs have a go at me about their tracks I'm only talking from a 1/10 perspective.our cars look like matchbox cars on a 1/8 track..jumps are huge and so on..great for 1/8 I'll admit ..
I thank the 1/8 clubs for the opportunity and their efforts to accommodate 1/10.
oh and good morning everyone
Old 23-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
as I said not a 100% sure just a guess on my behalf.

Another round could be run on one of the other tracks?
If that happens I hope whatever track gets 2 rounds is put to a vote.
I'm voting for Cork
Old 23-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote"If in the event of a round being cancelled and not re-run, the best 4 from 5 shall count for the purpose of calculating results. If in the event of 2 rounds being cancelled then the best 4 rounds shall count. If less than 4 rounds have been completed then they shall be deemed null and void for that class.
In the case of a championship being organised for 4 rounds or less 1 round to be dropped and the balance to count. In the case of a single round championship the result of that tound will be the result of the championship."

Does this mean because Naul is ruled out that you then have to compete in all the remaining rounds ? Does it mean that instead of your best 3 out of 4, it will now become your best 2 from the remaining 3 rounds?
Old 23-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Quote"If in the event of a round being cancelled and not re-run, the best 4 from 5 shall count for the purpose of calculating results. If in the event of 2 rounds being cancelled then the best 4 rounds shall count. If less than 4 rounds have been completed then they shall be deemed null and void for that class.
In the case of a championship being organised for 4 rounds or less 1 round to be dropped and the balance to count. In the case of a single round championship the result of that tound will be the result of the championship."

Does this mean because Naul is ruled out that you then have to compete in all the remaining rounds ? Does it mean that instead of your best 3 out of 4, it will now become your best 2 from the remaining 3 rounds?
In the case of a championship being organised for 4 rounds or less, 1 round to be dropped and the balance to count.

So 2 from 3 dave as you said looks right to me.
Old 23-05-2013
Mad Member

Thanks Colin
Old 23-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Id just like to point out that this is incorrect. The club committee did not choose to not make an attempt to alter the track, the club MEMBERS choose to keep our track as it is.
The track was designed by members, and voted on by members. It is not for the committee to dictate how things should be, its always up to ALL the members.

This certainly is an interesing forum and I am rather disappointed that this situation had occured and that it couldnt be resolved.

As I read the comments, I am not sure I can agree with the one above. I may be wrong but the members voted on the track layout with the specific instructions that the track was 2m wide. The club did vote and design the track. However knowing that the RCCAOI require a width of 2.4m, could we have designed a different layout? I dont know. We were not told that the track we voted on would be excluded from RCCAOI event.
Old 23-05-2013

The 2.4 metre rule was voted in and specifically to be used as a guideline and is now only being quoted as a definite rule and used as an excuse by certain parties who don't race at the Naul to cause hassle , but it is not the regular racers loss!
Old 23-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedals View Post
This certainly is an interesing forum and I am rather disappointed that this situation had occured and that it couldnt be resolved.

As I read the comments, I am not sure I can agree with the one above. I may be wrong but the members voted on the track layout with the specific instructions that the track was 2m wide. The club did vote and design the track. However knowing that the RCCAOI require a width of 2.4m, could we have designed a different layout? I dont know. We were not told that the track we voted on would be excluded from RCCAOI event.
No, this is not true. The instructions were that the lanes were at least 2M wide. Members were given a template with 2M squares and told that if they wanted anything different to mail the drivers rep and you would be given what ever you required. Members were also told that our existing jumps that were made were 2M wide, but if they wanted any different features not to be afraid to include them.
Also remember all our jumps (apart from wall of death) were made before this new rccaoi rule came in.
Though as far as Im concerned, we were very open to any design submitted.

If you would like the original emails that were sent please contact me.

Please remember that the DMCC rules state 2M for all lanes except the straight which must me 2.5M (our straight is actually wider).

Also, our track area doesn't lend itself to make much wider lanes and at the same time keep the track interesting.

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 23-05-2013

I hear you and it seems that the way the rule was written was not the way it was intended at the AGM. That doesn't change the fact that the rule was written and probably published before the track was designed and the decisions made.

Everyone, it appears, wants to blame someone else but I think all parties are to blame as this situation did not need to happen.

The good racing and fun will continue at the Naul. Lets hope the parties involved can resolve this for the future!
Old 23-05-2013

Hi

Just so you are aware

The jumps etc were all built in sept 2012 before the RCCAOI AGM to the club min width of 2m
Due to the size of the venue it lends to a track width of 2m in order for the track to be challenging and test the drivers ability. Yes we can build a wider track but then ANYBODY CAN DRIVE AN OVAL. No skill needed there and your ability is certainly not tested.
When the club applied for a round in Jan 13 we proposed 2 venues Naul and Lucan.
We were hoping if the weather improves that Lucan would be available but we made a decision due to our current LOVELY SUMMER WEATHER ( INC SNOW ) that it will not be possible as the track was water logged.

When we decided to change the track layout, we asked the members what they would like thus breaking with tradition where only 1 or 2 decided what track you raced on and everyone got a chance.
Plans were sent out and 8 designs were returned,
They were all emailed out and the clear winner was track 8 THE CURRENT ONE.

NOW your choice on track design was for the club to use THIS WAS NOT GOING TO BE THE RCCAOI LAYOUT ( as that would be unfair to people who had not raced there ) and your vote was just for the club track of 2m wide.
We knew that the current track was too narrow (by 0.4m ) but we were concentrating on a track for our members and racers who show up every weekend.

When it came to change the track around for the members only 3 people turned up to do it.
Now if it is to be changed for a 1 day event it will take ( more than likely the same 3 people) 6 hours to change it to the new design, mid week after sundays normal racing to have it ready in time for the RCCAOI and then the same 3, 6 hours to change it back again for the members the following Sunday.
FAIR ???????
As far as " We were not told that the track we voted on would be excluded from RCCAOI event."

Of course you were not told, as the track you were voting on was not for the RCCAOI 1 day event it was and is FOR THE MEMBERS who turn up every weekend that is why it was sent to all 33 members and not just the current 2 members in the RCCAOI.

Please remember
you can please some of the people some of the time but you will not please all of the people all of the time

BUT SURELY 99.9% CANT BUT WRONG just happy i guess

I hope that clears it up a little for you and sorry if it comes across strong but i will not accept the blame for a very small number of people who are ruining it for the majority of other racers who enjoy the close, challenging and skillful racing the Naul currently delivers.
Old 23-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
4 pages in 2 days..lol..just shows the feeling that the MAJORITY,yes the MAJORITY of racers feelings against the very FEW!!!..
complete bollocks if I'm truthful..
can't wait for the start of a thread if there was something really serious!! could turn into a book lol
Im not against anyones views..its a free world..but this is just childish.
I don't care who has issues with who,can be resolved so easily..and those in question will get a little respect back along with it..must be about the hobby...everytime.
I realise that the other venues are sooo perfect they are obviously a hard act to follow..
that's as sarcastic as I possibly can be on a text..
and before other clubs have a go at me about their tracks I'm only talking from a 1/10 perspective.our cars look like matchbox cars on a 1/8 track..jumps are huge and so on..great for 1/8 I'll admit ..
I thank the 1/8 clubs for the opportunity and their efforts to accommodate 1/10.
oh and good morning everyone
Before i start im saying that im not racing in the 10th nationals because of 8th comitments

Im definitly agreeing with mark here, i read through the comments and everyone on here bar one wants to race at naul, it doesnt seem to be the track width thing it just seems they dont want to race there for some reason. it is pretty childish as i was down at the christmas gp and had a good days racing and had no problem with the track, people at national level should be able to pass no?

You have the facility to change/overlook the rule with the 1.14 quote earlier, why not just race were everyone wants too and the only 1/10th track running at the minute,
Old 24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by av4625 View Post
Before i start im saying that im not racing in the 10th nationals because of 8th comitments

Im definitly agreeing with mark here, i read through the comments and everyone on here bar one wants to race at naul, it doesnt seem to be the track width thing it just seems they dont want to race there for some reason. it is pretty childish as i was down at the christmas gp and had a good days racing and had no problem with the track, people at national level should be able to pass no?

You have the facility to change/overlook the rule with the 1.14 quote earlier, why not just race were everyone wants too and the only 1/10th track running at the minute,
Old 24-05-2013

Default Hot news

The Monaco GP is being cancelled ,Why ? Because the FAstESt driver says that he can't overtake on the track because it is not 5.4 metres wide and that is NOT best practice.
What was Bernies answer ???
Old 24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
The Monaco GP is being cancelled ,Why ? Because the FAstESt driver says that he can't overtake on the track because it is not 5.4 metres wide and that is NOT best practice.
What was Bernies answer ???
You'll find an answer In Irish Rc car racing on facebook..

Opps... Must have been the wrong answer as it gone now!!!
Closed Thread