Old 25-12-2013

[QUOTE=GrahamH7060;824879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindles69 View Post
George, you could drive a tamiya frog and still beat everybody

Ha Ha priceless !!! And he does Mick that's the problem , standard Frog with NO
HOP UPS !!! Forgive the pun !!!!
Superb Graham
I am hoping Dms racing is open friday so I can get one of those cab forward shells, if only to compare them on the day?
Tamiya M06 low rider pumpkin
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 25-12-2013

Thought you'd appreciate that one Mick !

I'm off to bed now as I have no more jokes of that calibre left !

Think I'll check the Christmas crackers for more inspiration

See you soon
KO Propo Espirit 4 stick radio

Dji Mavic Air2S
All round gadget freak !
Old 25-12-2013

for everyone lacking front end, first check if you can steer as much as you should.
with a savox LP servo and a DX3R pro, I couldn't get enough. it's something I noticed on most 22 I checked in the pits.
so just try Dustin Evans' mod on the steering (on page 28), it' a must!!! you get 100% of the steering you can have on this chassis. the car becomes so much more aggressive. if it's too much for you, you still can reduce through your steer rate or travel

shorty in front of ESC works very well too
Old 25-12-2013

you will find the parts numbers in one of my posts on this page by the way.
sorry, it's in french

http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/sho...nty-Two/page88
Old 01-01-2014

Default Here is my 22 2.0

Raced at HNMC sunday.First time out with the car,went well but damping was to hard after checking Karl Jackson's car.Had no other pistons so went lighter on the oils 25wt front 17.5 rear.Was better but ideally need bigger or more holes in the pistons.Also are any of you running weight in the car? I am running a shorty lipo forward and its a bit backendy on the jumps.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 01-01-2014

What pistons were you running mick? I found mine really good on the standard setup outdoors at coastal but i am running saddles.
Old 01-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 46 View Post
What pistons were you running mick? I found mine really good on the standard setup outdoors at coastal but i am running saddles.
Kit pistons George,Maybe too light with the shorty.What i will do is weigh a saddle pack and shorty and add the weight difference under the lipo or down the sides just to get the weight transfer over the tyres?It just felt better when i went lighter on the oils with the kit pistons.The only trouble was the chassis had no pack and was hitting the track hard after each jump.To get the same feel i would have to go to more holes and heavier oils.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 01-01-2014

Yeah thats what i would try mick. I have just got a shorty to do the same thing as i think the install can be neater with the shorty pack.
Old 01-01-2014

Quote:
Yeah thats what i would try mick. I have just got a shorty to do the same thing as i think the install can be neater with the shorty pack.
This is how i fitted the shorty in so its secure

All that i had to do was dremel the rear mounting holes off so that it fits against the m/m mount.With the shorty in place there is about 5mm of f/r play.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 01-01-2014

I have managed to get all the electrics upfront so i have more weight across the car. I would get some ballest around the shorty. Might pay to get some ballest upfront aswell. What speedo is that mick?
Old 01-01-2014

Quote:
I have managed to get all the electrics upfront so i have more weight across the car. I would get some ballest around the shorty. Might pay to get some ballest upfront aswell. What speedo is that mick?
Its all a learning process at the moment.I can only try the mods when racing and going by the weather for the weekend i won't be coming to coastal?So its going to take a bit of time to get a decent setup.Going to Maritime Tuesday so will be able to get the weight balance right.
The speedo is the hobbyking trackstar 120 amp turbo.Sweet esc mate.I call it a pay as you go speedo,if it blows then put another one in.Off hand i think they are about £30.Have been running one in the 410 for a while with no issues at all(touch wood).So was a no brainer when sourcing a new esc for the 22.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 01-01-2014

Coastal has been staying really good when there has been lots of rain. Therehas been a lot of drainage work done underneath the track and its worked a treat as all the water has drained thtough without pooling on top. With the indoor pits and covered rostrum your only going to get wet when marshalling .

Do you know if it runs hobbywing software. Looks similar and i like a bargain speedo. Bit on the large side to get in the front of the 22 2.0 without sticking the receiver further up. Im running the hobbywing xtreme stock as its really small and a good price. I have got everything up front and down low. Been trying to post a piccy but its not working for me
Old 01-01-2014

Quote:
Coastal has been staying really good when there has been lots of rain. Therehas been a lot of drainage work done underneath the track and its worked a treat as all the water has drained thtough without pooling on top. With the indoor pits and covered rostrum your only going to get wet when marshalling .

Do you know if it runs hobbywing software. Looks similar and i like a bargain speedo. Bit on the large side to get in the front of the 22 2.0 without sticking the receiver further up. Im running the hobbywing xtreme stock as its really small and a good price. I have got everything up front and down low. Been trying to post a piccy but its not working for me
No mate when its raining i'm not racing.
The esc you can only program with the lcd program card.I was going to put the esc up front with the receiver on top but with the fan on top of the esc i could not get the shorty out.Maybe with a bit of dremeling of the upper rear mount i might be able to get the lipo out.
With a bit more time in between racing i will have a play with positioning of the electrics.
With pics mate,all i did was create a photobucket account and copy and paste pics from that,a lot easier than trying to upload on oople.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 03-01-2014

Default My Losi 22

Old 03-01-2014

Default My Losi 22

Old 04-01-2014

Quote:
No mate when its raining i'm not racing.
The esc you can only program with the lcd program card.I was going to put the esc up front with the receiver on top but with the fan on top of the esc i could not get the shorty out.Maybe with a bit of dremeling of the upper rear mount i might be able to get the lipo out.
With a bit more time in between racing i will have a play with positioning of the electrics.
With pics mate,all i did was create a photobucket account and copy and paste pics from that,a lot easier than trying to upload on oople.
Hi. I mounted my ESC and receiver side by side mid position on the chassis. The shorty fits nicely between that and the low profile servo at the front with the transponder on!
Old 04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski68 View Post
Hi. I mounted my ESC and receiver side by side mid position on the chassis. The shorty fits nicely between that and the low profile servo at the front with the transponder on!
I got the car crimbo,so literally built the car chucked the electrics in and raced it on sunday.So with a bit of time in between racing now i will look at the best way of mounting the electrics.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 04-01-2014

Quote:
I got the car crimbo,so literally built the car chucked the electrics in and raced it on sunday.So with a bit of time in between racing now i will look at the best way of mounting the electrics.

i initially ran with the motor in the rear, but then changed to Mid Motor configeration. i looked at several ways. But as i was using a Low Profile Servo i found this to be the easiest and neatest way to lay it out.

The ESC is next to the motor so the Motor leads are short and tidy. The Reciever is situated next to the ESC so the conection to the both is also tidy. The lead on the servo was long enough to run neatly along the side.
i use a Hot Racing carbon battery strap which works well.

The only thing i had to make up was a small extension lead for the Transponder as i made my transponder lead short as i use it on other cars.

i can send you some more close up pics if you want. let me know...

ianski
Old 04-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski68 View Post
i initially ran with the motor in the rear, but then changed to Mid Motor configeration. i looked at several ways. But as i was using a Low Profile Servo i found this to be the easiest and neatest way to lay it out.

The ESC is next to the motor so the Motor leads are short and tidy. The Reciever is situated next to the ESC so the conection to the both is also tidy. The lead on the servo was long enough to run neatly along the side.
i use a Hot Racing carbon battery strap which works well.

The only thing i had to make up was a small extension lead for the Transponder as i made my transponder lead short as i use it on other cars.

i can send you some more close up pics if you want. let me know...

ianski
Sounds good.Put the pics up for everybody to see mate.That way gives people some ideas of how to install electrics.
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 04-01-2014

Default Install Pics

some are a little dark but you can see how i have it laid out.