Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 22-09-2009

Cool Choices, choices...

Still undecided about what to buy for the off-road track when we start racing...

I wished Xray would release a 4WD as I'd buy one without even seeing it as I just love my T2-008 and I'm sure it would be a corker

I was thinking then about maybe going for a truck as it would be more fun to throw it around as I'd like to see our off-road track incorporating some humps and jumps

Then I saw this today...

http://www.team-durango.com/

OMG!!!

What do to...
Old 23-09-2009

Buy a buggy, how many others have trucks? Aren't buggy's made for big jumps too? I've seen them clearing huge jumps in films of the cactas classic etc...

Russ has just got a B4.

I don't think you can go wrong with a B4 for 2WD or B44 for 4WD, both World Champions and always in top 5 I think from looking at online race finishes.

Probably the most proven car in the world.

Also if Xray did bring out an off road 10th scale buggy, there would be no track record for testing except their 8th scale to look back to, wouldn't you have to give them a while to iron out bugs etc......
Old 23-09-2009

See results for 2009 Euro's here on oople:

2WD all top 10 cars were either B4's or X6's (B4 conversion) with B4 winning.

4WD in top 10 there were 4 B44's with one comming 2nd, mor than any other manufacturer.

Parts cheap as hell and very easy to get If you get either B4 or B44 get the factory team version.

Final reason to get an Associated: I can copy your setups
Old 25-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas-b4-b44 View Post
Final reason to get an Associated: I can copy your setups
I knew there was a reason

But you have to admit, that new chassis is just drop dead!

As for race pace Lucas, they've been developing that car for over 5 years, I don't think we need to wonder if it's going to work or not. The development car has already been winning many races...

You've got Chris to copy his settings...

My head says possibly a B44, but my heart just says buy me, buy me

The only issue I do have, is where can I place the transponder under that tight-fitting bodyshell....
Old 25-09-2009
Mad Member

As the local shop near you guys and the Mid South trackside shop, why not give us a call for your decisions on your off-road cars.....

We stock all major 10th Off-Road cars from Durango, Predator, Schumacher, Associated etc....

Trucks are great fun, but sadly they are limited at the moment for racing. Although i wouldn't mind getting a heat going at this years regionals!!!

Looking forward to having you guys in the region. You all sound like a great bunch so should be good. Hope to see you guys at this regionals etc... If you have race dates for your new venue let us know and we will put them on our website and in the shop.

Thanks

John Spencer
www.theraceplace.co.uk
Old 25-09-2009

Scott which new chassis are you talking about? Whcih one as been developed for 5 years (confused
Old 25-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
As the local shop near you guys and the Mid South trackside shop, why not give us a call for your decisions on your off-road cars.....

We stock all major 10th Off-Road cars from Durango, Predator, Schumacher, Associated etc....

Trucks are great fun, but sadly they are limited at the moment for racing. Although i wouldn't mind getting a heat going at this years regionals!!!

Looking forward to having you guys in the region. You all sound like a great bunch so should be good. Hope to see you guys at this regionals etc... If you have race dates for your new venue let us know and we will put them on our website and in the shop.

Thanks

John Spencer
www.theraceplace.co.uk
Thanks for the heads up, though our club treasurer runs a model shop in Bedfordshire so I'm going to have to be loyal to him to help his business
Old 25-09-2009

Quote:
Scott which new chassis are you talking about? Whcih one as been developed for 5 years (confused
The Durango DEX410 chassis.

It might be a brand new chassis, but they've been working on this for a long time, and it shows in the detail. Take a look at the review here on oople, simply stunning. It's getting me as excited about off-road again, just like the Xray did to get me back racing last year after being away fro some 8 odd years...
Old 26-09-2009

"oil-filled gear differentials": looks like very high quality stuff, and alloy chassis looks very thin, might be a squeeze for electrics...... but nice looking car.
Old 26-09-2009

Quote:
"oil-filled gear differentials": looks like very high quality stuff, and alloy chassis looks very thin, might be a squeeze for electrics...... but nice looking car.
Yes, I thought the same about the narrow chassis, it's going to be fun fitting everything in...

The geared diffs is an intresting development, going back to the good old days of RC buggies...
Old 26-09-2009

The other thing worth a note is the amount of what we'd normally call 'hot up options' which come standard in the kit, but I guess at that price you'd expect it too wouldn't you.

I'll have to start saving now for me new buggy to race next year
Old 26-09-2009

OMG in-deed, that is mental! and I thought the predator was revolutionary in its day. Best leave the Mardave Cobra in the attic then...

I guess now that brushless and LiPo have come around, you need that sort of development. What was meant to be a cheap dabble in one of my childhood hobbies is suddenly looking rather expensive! Damn you Scott.
Old 26-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI Paul View Post
OMG in-deed, that is mental! and I thought the predator was revolutionary in its day. Best leave the Mardave Cobra in the attic then...

I guess now that brushless and LiPo have come around, you need that sort of development. What was meant to be a cheap dabble in one of my childhood hobbies is suddenly looking rather expensive! Damn you Scott.
It doesn't have to be expensive - look at Paul, he bought a RTR touring car the other day and he's in the A Finals...

Trouble is, my engineering background gets the better of me when I see something like that DEX410 - as you say it's mental , but in a good way
Old 28-09-2009

Default Choices...

Granted, but there is a limit to what a RTR can do, with the tight indoor track, you can get away with it but the energy sapping grass won't be as kind to RTR's me thinks. Saying that, Kyosho are offering the Lazer kitted out with brushless as RTR....
Old 30-12-2009

Well I've done it...

Ordered the Durango

So let's hope we get that off-road track built soon...