Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 27-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I'm looking forward to it, me a friend are looking to join and start racing the 1/18, hopefully we should be at the 1st race .

Can we get the control tyres and transponders on the night .
You can buy the transponders on the night, you'll need to make sure you have a spare slot in your receiver, if not you'll need a Y cable to power up the PT.

As to control tyres, some run the standard smaller tyres on their 1:18th cars without any problem. Others have converted to run 1:10 rims and then they can run with the control tyres. We normally have some available on the night, you can speak to Russell our club treasurer who also runs the local model shop Future World Models: www.futureworldmodels.co.uk

Regards.
Old 27-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
You can buy the transponders on the night, you'll need to make sure you have a spare slot in your receiver, if not you'll need a Y cable to power up the PT.

As to control tyres, some run the standard smaller tyres on their 1:18th cars without any problem. Others have converted to run 1:10 rims and then they can run with the control tyres. We normally have some available on the night, you can speak to Russell our club treasurer who also runs the local model shop Future World Models: www.futureworldmodels.co.uk

Regards.
I've got spare slot on the Rx so that's cool.When you say convert to 1/10 rims does that mean they need different hex's or just that bigger wheels and tyres are fitted.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 28-12-2009

I think it's best to come along and see what people are running. Some have the standard, slightly smaller rims/tryes fitted, which work fine. Others have opted to go for 1:10 touring car rims and I guess it would be best to see how they do it...

Might I also suggest that you if you are thinking of coming along to our first meeting on Friday 8 Jan 2010, that you book in your details in advance via our web site to make things easier for us on the night, thanks.

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/race-booking.php

Regards
Old 30-12-2009

Got my Xray 1:18 all built up today, but having to wait for a Losi Brushless ESC / Motor before I can go racing so will probably miss the first championship which starts in Jan 2010, but will still race it as soon as it's up and running.

We have yet another member and 1:18 racer joining us as my son got the Maverick Atom RTR Truck from Santa
Old 31-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
We have yet another member and 1:18 racer joining us as my son got the Maverick Atom RTR Truck from Santa
Big up the Atoms! Had one for about a year with a mate and was stunned just how nippy they are straight out of the box. The front shocks didn't last long as they leak but otherwise we've been racing them with either the standard wheels/tyres on carpet or using 1/10 adaptors and then skinny Schumacher yellow mini pins on the shiny floor with some success....hilarious fun and great for when the weather outside is dark and cold!
Associated B4RS (Spek, Castle MM/5700KV, Lipo)
Associated SC10 (Spek, Novak/8.5 Turnigy, Lipo)
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 31-12-2009

Default stock and pro stock

I've ran a stock and brushless motors at the micro nationals, and while I've not gotten good results, it wasn't for the lack of speed with my brushed motor, in fact, I downgraded to the kit brushed motor for some nationals, as it was less about speed, and more about control, but if you do this, make sure to use a motor heatsink / fan as they can get very hot.
Old 01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
I've ran a stock and brushless motors at the micro nationals, and while I've not gotten good results, it wasn't for the lack of speed with my brushed motor, in fact, I downgraded to the kit brushed motor for some nationals, as it was less about speed, and more about control, but if you do this, make sure to use a motor heatsink / fan as they can get very hot.
Yep, got a heatsink on order for the motor and will probably fit a fan too. I have 2 fans on the Xray 1:10 and it's amazing how such a little thing keeps the ESC and motor nice and cool after a 5 min run
Old 02-01-2010

Andy

Quick question...

What charger do you use to charge the standard battery pack that comes with the Maverick. I know the kit comes with a slow mains charger but I'll need a quick charger so that I can charge them on a Friday race meeting, regards.
Old 02-01-2010

Scott
I use an old ripmax pro peak that i've had for years. Just chopped the end off the slow charger and attached it to the fast charger. Russell does a cheap peak charger for about £16 if you havent got anything kicking about from past years. I made one battery last all night charging between heats. Have you sorted the wheel hex's out yet so you can run touring car wheels.
Cheers Andy
Old 05-04-2010
Mad Member

Quick question,or 2 .

Would we allow 1/16th to run in with the 1/18th and still be aloud to count for points.

And are we having the jumps back,if not can we run a 1/18th TC

Ross

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Quick question,or 2 .

Would we allow 1/16th to run in with the 1/18th and still be aloud to count for points.

And are we having the jumps back,if not can we run a 1/18th TC

Ross
Re first point: what ever happens in terms of classes, we'll always allow all cars to race with each other, but points would probably be split into different classes. For now we are running as before...

Re the jumps, I want to put them back in this week We try and sort them out before the start of the next championships too so they can be used throughout, after all, that's why we wanted to run them