Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 15-03-2010

I doubt we can lay the track any quicker than we are doing at the minute. On Friday, it was 5, 10mins past 7 before we started laying because people arriving and setting up pit tables etc. The track was laid by 7.30, and everyone was as slick as they can be. If we can arrange for the Hall to be opened by 6.45pm, I can get there most weeks by that time without a problem, which gives me 15 mins to set up my pit table (need to do this first as always the last one working on the track) and get the perimeter laid down by 7pm so that people can start taping down as I am setting up the rest of the track. We should then easily get the track setup by 7.30pm, even with a new layout each week.

If people want to keep practice (which I think is a good thing, even if it is a quick couple of laps for people to check tracking and stuff), we can have a strict 5 mins buggies, 5 mins touring cars and like Maz says, underway by 7.40pm.

Quick suggestion on selecting the 7 tracks for the next championship; when we hand out awards for the current championship, we put numbers 1 to 22 (track numbers) in a hat and pick out 7 numbers and we run the tracks in that order. Suggest we exclude certain tracks like the oval. Think this is a fair way to select the tracks and it will help me to plan ahead the sequence that we lay it, to make it as quick as possible .

Paul - Track man
Old 15-03-2010

Some great ideas, maybe we can try some of them out in the open meetings to see how we go. I have noticed recently that we are all getting better at having the cars on the line quickly so we could drop to 90secs instead of 2 mins between races to give us a little more time to play with...
Old 17-03-2010

With 1 round left to go, I'm sure it's not just me doing some frantic maths on where they could place in the championship etc. and so I had a question about promotion/demotion of the License grades

Will it be the same again with the series champion in each grade moving up and the lowest average score moving down? I think moving 2-3 drivers up and 1 down might be a better solution? I think the higher grades need more people in it and it would be nice to be able to put the top 3 up.

Maybe it’s not even necessary to move anyone down?
Old 17-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
With 1 round left to go, I'm sure it's not just me doing some frantic maths on where they could place in the championship etc. and so I had a question about promotion/demotion of the License grades

Will it be the same again with the series champion in each grade moving up and the lowest average score moving down? I think moving 2-3 drivers up and 1 down might be a better solution? I think the higher grades need more people in it and it would be nice to be able to put the top 3 up.

Maybe it’s not even necessary to move anyone down?
Don't worry Maz, all in hand. I'd already planned on moving things around to even up the groups, and yes your right about those who may drop are calculated on lowest average.