Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 22-06-2009

i really enjoy doing the commentry! all your points taken on bored if you have any advice so i can improve, that would be great! sorry if i shout abit haha i get a little excited when the racing is good!

get her done!

TBear out...
Old 22-06-2009

I think it was very good anything that makes the sport more professional is a plus to me.

with good commentating you have a chance of bringing more people into the sport as it sounds interesting to the general public.

If the people concerned are allowed to do this again at Southport it could be good for the club.

May be even interviews with the drivers, not just the A finals but the lower finals two.
Bit more tech talk explaining the difference between the cars ect,
keep up the good work Lads good PR for one and all.

Volume control needs to be checked, as one of the Mic's at EPR was louder than the other one.

Well done all the EPR people nice to see people enjoying the day and helping out. Good sound club, best of luck for the future.
Old 22-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Interviews don't work unless the victim is very willing and very able to talk as well as you guys do - otherwise its just mumbles and uninteresting, a total contrast between interviewee and interviewor.

Tbear, DC and the MC crew etc etc, just keep on doing what your doing!
Old 22-06-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

the track the venue and the commentators were ace,good job guys loved it,
Old 22-06-2009

Yeah guys, top notch and thanks alot!!

Edvoka, louder than a 747 LOL!!! Spot on.
Old 22-06-2009
Mad Member

I was hanging around race control for a bit yesterday and couldn't believe it when I heard there were complaints.

I echo the sentiments of everyone on here when I say that the 5 commentators (ok I include Charlie in this for the 2 heats he did!) all did a fantastic job and I find a little bit of laughter during the race helps me to focus sometimes!

I would also ask that the commentry is kept to the particular race unless there is a need to call someone over to race control or the odd 'piss-take' out of a marshall/driver (I get for the paint-job ALL the time) but not for the whole 5 mins!

Commentry moments of the weekend for me:

TT "Whyman (marshalling) is charging into the 'Bumhole'"
RR "i've heard that guy is a giver as well as a taker"

and

TT "Waggy is in the bumhole" (short pause) "Ouch"

Genius mate
Old 23-06-2009
oOple Advertiser

Good morning all
I am sure that TT, DC, RR and myself really do this to ADD an atmosphere to the meetings and yes to have a laugh for everyone as well.....some points have been made on volumes, irrelevant comments through a race etc but it has to also be understood that we are sometimes TOLD to ask for people and make announcements and so on......I myself don't like it done over a race either and I agree it should be between races......I will amend this when I get on the mic as I am sure that TT, DC RR (if he is there) will do as well but also need to point out that the BRCA tells us not to speak so much between races as timekeeping control that runs the meeting has to speak to the drivers for time starts etc. It can become difficult to get the blend right and we can only try harder to achieve this…… I also apologise to anyone that I may of put off in any way.....certainly not my intention, I think that everyone knows that…..
I probably won't be commentating at Southport, I can't make the Stotfold National and I think a special commentator may be at Blyth so once the BRCA official decide which direction they want to go then maybe the future will be bright to keep the great atmospheres going for the Nationals.
Finally for those that asked me, emailed me etc, why I didn't commentate the last leg of the main ‘A’ final 4wd - I have no answer yet, I was asked not to......maybe I am louder than the 747 and that's why!!! - Who Knows?
I also think the more comments posted here the better as this gives any commentator a chance to hear for themselves what people like or don’t like……not to mention the BRCA officials read these posts as well……constructive criticism or praise is all good for making it even better…..laters all
Old 23-06-2009

Gents i must apoligise for 5K42 0042 Hayes to Grove Park depot keeping you all up lol
Next time i will ask the drivers to creep by the track pmsl

Rich B
Old 23-06-2009
LeeOtard

well i thought the commentry made the weekend as enjoyable as it was!!
Was amazing!!

Tony, you have definately found a new calling and i think you should start your own racing series! TTRL!!!!

Rob! awesome, i was expressing the fact that this could be awesome in the bar the night before, as soon as rob got to the track we set this up and these two personalities made it genuis! Im impressed they dont swear, let alone make the comedy banter they do! After the complaint was made and the Mic died down, instantly i realised and the event felt like it lost something......

I heard about the 'School teacher' like options the two commentators were given and i felt this was a little off! coming from a EPR member treating them like children when they are there making the event 100 times more enjoyable for the club! if they were not there, would the amount of people on here be saying this? and saying how fantastic it was...?

Tony and MC DC did their normal top job, well done guys! but i have a new favourite! long live Tony T the Mic MC!! Just wish you werent as good at racing and could commentate my races!
Old 23-06-2009

Great job from the whole commentary team! Really added the atmosphere to top off a really well run meeting on a top track.
Really enjoyed just leaning on the fence, beer in hand, watching some good racing and soaking up the atmosphere in the sun.
Old 23-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Shame I wasn’t at EPR - it sounds like I missed something very special.

At tally we had the mix of MCDC and Tony Making his return to no the mic comments- and it was very much appreciated- if TT and Rob had wanted to do there double act at tally id have been more than happy.

I think you do need something to up the atmosphere on the mic and I know we need to hear the timings but at the same time but the mono tone of - race order in 1 2 6 9 dose get a bit dull.

it is meant to be fun and if it invited and excite people to come racing that ill all for it

And if any one wanted to interview me over the mic- racing or none racing related id gladly do it
Old 23-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
After the complaint was made and the Mic died down, instantly i realised and the event felt like it lost something......
Agreed
Old 23-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
Agreed
But please just think of the venue as a whole! Yes the commentary was great but we do have neighbours to look after and without appeasing them, EPR as a whole could be in jeopardy....

As stated before, we will make some changes to the PA system for next year but please lets draw a line under the necessary volume changes that we were forced to make and keep the focus on the top job the commentating team did!

EPR
Old 23-06-2009
Mad Member

Have to say Matt is right.....

No matter how much we liked the commentary team doing the stuff.... If someone complains then they need to keep the piece!!!

What good would the commentary be if there was no track ????

Looking forward to the rest of the Nationals... UK Racing has just raised another bar..
Old 23-06-2009
LeeOtard

no ones taking anything away from the Track or EPR, but this thread was about commentry! and stating it felt something was missing when it died down is only meant as a compliment to them!
Old 23-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
After the complaint was made and the Mic died down, instantly i realised and the event felt like it lost something......
Also agree with that..

I wondered where all the commentry team had gone!! it added abit of extra excitement and humour to the whole day...

Enjoyed the EPR weekend thoroughly! Keep up the good work!

Old 23-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

commentary was ace
Old 23-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
no ones taking anything away from the Track or EPR, but this thread was about commentry! and stating it felt something was missing when it died down is only meant as a compliment to them!

I wasn't aiming at anyone, but as you know Lee people on here can start a whole new thread by picking out points....

Commentary as has been said best i have heard since i first started racing, and have to say was on par with Scotty!!!

But before anyone picks at EPR for having to turn TT,DC,RR and TE down a few clicks..... the fact needs to be pointed out there hands were tied for the future of the club!!

Why don't we start a poll on the commentary ?????

It's funny i heard negatives regarding some commentary at the weekend, but i look on here and there is hardly any ????
As the commentary guys have said ' tell us what you liked, didn't like, want to hear etc etc '
Old 23-06-2009

Excellent comments guys and loads of positive feedback. The club did a great job last weekend and there is always middle ground with these things. PA sytems are a pain as the noise does travel a long way and as a commentator you have not much of an idea of how loud it is.

Loved the experience of a tenth Nat and hope to attend more this year, maybe not as a driver but maybe just a blunderer on the mic LOL

Let's keep supporting all the guys who give up thier time to support and better the class.

RR.
Old 23-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattADH View Post
But please just think of the venue as a whole! Yes the commentary was great but we do have neighbours to look after and without appeasing them, EPR as a whole could be in jeopardy....

As stated before, we will make some changes to the PA system for next year but please lets draw a line under the necessary volume changes that we were forced to make and keep the focus on the top job the commentating team did!

EPR
I am in no way meaning to point any bad vibes towards EPR, you guys did a great job yet again and I fully understand that you had to do something to please the killjoys, (have exactly the same trooubles week in week out at our clubs venue). PLEASE please don't think I was pi**ing on your fire, the point of this thread was to praise how much atmosphere you and the whole team had created. The fact that people noticed that the commentating had be turned down a notch shows how much effort had been put in. I think that what you guys at EPR started could very well become the benchmark for future commentating and alreaady it seems that lessons have been learned. I sincerely hope that you can smooth the locals out and I am sure that you'll have a plan for any future meetings.

After hearing all the positive feedback from people I for one hope that the lively commetary continues.