Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 25-06-2009
Mad Member

Default Southport Regional 28th June

The track has had BIG changes since the last regionals, and is now fully astro turf (with the exception of the tarmac, cobble and concrete sections). The tarmac corner has also been re-surfaced.

This is the last "big" meeting before the National too...

Here is the information that you need:-

Practice Starts:- 10:00 - 10:45
Booking-In Starts :- 10:00 - 10:45
Racing Starts:- 11:00
Cafe Open: from about 9:30 'til around 4:00pm serving hot food and drinks as well as a few sweets and cans of pop.
Speed Limit:- for real cars is 2mph.

Entrances to the park:- There are 3 ways into the park. DO NOT use the entrance near the boating lake that takes you past the childrens playground. The preferred entrance to the park is the "middle" one by the garden centre. However if it is very wet, then this entrance becomes waterlogged and your car could well get stuck, so use the entrance by the "gatehouse". Be aware though that if you use the entrance by the "gatehouse" you are driving down a footpath, so Pedestrians have the right of way - put your hazard lights on and observe the speed limit!

please be aware the track is CLOSED for practice UNTIL the track for the day has been built - so please don't have a play on the track because you have arrived early!

Directions to Victoria Park
From the North: - Exit M6 at Junction 26 joining the M58 west until Junction 1(switch island) Carry straight on the A5036 following Brown Information Signs for Southport Tourist until the first set of traffic lights (Police Station & Travel Inn on right) Turn right (sign posted Formby) A5207 North Perimeter Road. Straight on at Lights into Lydiate Lane (A5207) at next set of lights turn right (sign posted Southport) A565. Keep on A565 (Formby Bypass) for Approx. 6 miles, after passing RAF Woodvale Airfield on the left take the next left at the traffic lights (Coastal Road). At the Second Island take the third exit onto Weld Road then first left onto Rotten Row. Entrance to the track is 100 yards on left

From the South: - Exit M6 at junction 21A M62 west (sign posted Liverpool) At junction 6 join the M57 (sign posted Southport) At end of the M57 take second exit at island (keeping to the right hand lane) At the next set of lights turn right (sign posted Formby) then follow the directions as per North.

Sat Nav:- Rotten Row, PR8 2BZ

For those who haven't raced at Southport before, whilst the track is a multisurface track it is predominantly astro-turf nowadays. There is a tarmac sections and a concrete section as well as cobble stones for good measure. In the dry on the back of the car Schumacher Minispikes (yellow) are the order of the day and if it is wet, Ballisitc Buggy Greens work very well. On the front, Schumacher Minispikes work well.

All information purtaining to the regionals will be posted on www.srcc.co.uk and we will endeavour to ensure that relevant information is posted on here too. But the clubs website should be your first information point.
Old 28-06-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

well done guys the track is a tribute to all the hard work thats gone in there lately, it really does drive well now,good layout today and Matty flew round today,WITH HIS CARS,and apart from the small down poor 20-30 Min's very light,it was a brill day really enjoyed it,big thumbs up
Old 28-06-2009

Yep.. Great day... good work guys, very well organized and the rain didn't stop play, just made it interesting I did rubbish!!.. But that's just me!
Old 28-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I didn't enjoy the layout. Too many suprises , personal prefererance. The track is otherwise awesome and extremely well presented, its a massive credit to all involved in the work done there.
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Thanks to the club, I am starting to get used to the grip of the track after Preddy sorted my speedo out cheers. First time running the B44 on the track and it was fantastic thanks to the guy who lent me the top deck I will get one and give it to you next time I see you sorry dont know your name, is it a associated one as the weave looks different. Thanks again to the Southport memebers.

PS A big sorry to Colin May for the take out in the final.
Old 30-06-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
Thanks to the club, I am starting to get used to the grip of the track after Preddy sorted my speedo out cheers. First time running the B44 on the track and it was fantastic thanks to the guy who lent me the top deck I will get one and give it to you next time I see you sorry dont know your name, is it a associated one as the weave looks different. Thanks again to the Southport memebers.

PS A big sorry to Colin May for the take out in the final.
Hi mate, it was me who lent you the top deck, it was no problem at all. Standard AE on but it might be a newer version to the one that you broke. I believe they changed the design a little . I have a few of them so don't sweat over getting a replacement.
It was a great day on Sunday and the small rain shower only added to the fun with the changing track conditions. A really good day all round.
Old 30-06-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I wonder wether we can book a 10min shower every sunday just to change the conditions.

Hey can we get a sprinkler for next week!
Old 30-06-2009

The conditons on sunday were a bit odd, the clubhouse end was bone dry and the other end was wet.... so tyre choice was based on which half the the lap you wanted any grip
Old 30-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
I didn't enjoy the layout. Too many suprises , personal prefererance. The track is otherwise awesome and extremely well presented, its a massive credit to all involved in the work done there.
too many surprises? Like at christmas time, or too many surprises such as jack in the boxes or bogie men behind the trees?
Old 01-07-2009

i thought the best option for tyres where bb greens worked awesome in the wet and dry
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc boy View Post
i thought the best option for tyres where bb greens worked awesome in the wet and dry

Were BB Greens just safe or were they quick as well?? I would have thought Yellows would still give more of an edge on the track?

Sounds like both options may have to be used on Sunday!
Old 02-07-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Were BB Greens just safe or were they quick as well?? I would have thought Yellows would still give more of an edge on the track?

Sounds like both options may have to be used on Sunday!
I know that for the final, tyre choice ranged between Schumacher yellow, Schumacher green and BB greens!!
Old 02-07-2009

after it rained and the track was still damp in some sections and dry in others, we tried yellow, was like drifting,schuy greens ??okish,bb greens work a treat,all over the track
Old 02-07-2009
Mad Member

Yellows in the dry and BB Greens in the wet it is then! May try the BB Greens if it's dry as well, see what works best me thinks
Old 02-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
too many surprises? Like at christmas time, or too many surprises such as jack in the boxes or bogie men behind the trees?
lol at chris,i didnt like the exploding land mines and the trap doors, lol
sorry ill get my coat,

for course that is/was a joke