Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 23-08-2015

Default What tyres

So after a very long time away from the hobby I've just got a vbc racing firebolt DM and the last time I raced was indoors at the horse riding bit my question is what tyres should I get to get me going ??

Cheers Phil
Old 23-08-2015

Most people run Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes rear & Yellow Cut Stagger Fronts in the dry (Doesn't seem to be dry very often these days ) and when its wet we run Ballistic Buggy Green rears & Schumacher Silver Cut Stagger up front.

You wont go much wrong with those tyre choices. Some people prefer to run Ballistic Buggy tyres in the dry too (White compound I think)

Also Schumacher Medium inserts for the rear & no inserts in the Cut Staggers (low profile)
Old 23-08-2015

Awesome cheers for that will get some on order and see you soon once I've built the kit :-) hopefully in dry weather :-/ lol
Old 23-08-2015

Theres a few other local clubs too. Mendip RC Raceway near Weston usually runs alternate weekends to Tiverton, thats outdoors too.

In the winter, theres TRAC in Torquay for some indoors 1:10th Offroad starting from October.

I also go to Tipton (near Ottery st Mary) every other Weds, runs all year around in indoors.

Also theres Bideford Bay RC Club & Crewkerne Radio Model club, but not sure exactly when they run their meetings.

All the above have sections on oOple.
Old 24-08-2015

Ok cool cheers for info will look into those other clubs. Had planned tivvy and mendip as work shifts so work 2 weekends a month :-/