Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 16-02-2010

Default 2010 Regional Series???

Any official/confirmed news from the BRCA on the future of the EofE regionals?

Will there be a 2010 series, if not do we have a 'designated' region to join?

Just wanted to check before club fixtures are discussed in the coming week
Old 17-02-2010

any details?
Old 19-02-2010

Default EOE Regionals....

If there is interest then the answer could well be yes?

Anyone interested please post your comments on this thread.

Paul.

East Anglian ramp construction guru......Wiggles
Old 21-02-2010

I bought myself a 2wd off road car late last year with th ehope of doing more events this year by comming back to off road. so far I haven't been able to get to any events due to other commitments but I'm up for doing more off roading soon as long as the dates don't clash with committments I already have.

How many tracks does the EOE region have at the moment?
Old 24-02-2010

Are there any clubs or drivers interested in taking part for the 2010 season?

Post on here if so?

Paul Newman.

Old 24-02-2010
Mad Member

Paul I sent you a PM.

hashiriya - With regards to tracks there are clubs that run off road at Manningtree (MORErc) and Braxted (MERCC) in Essex and just North of Norwich (Norfolk Buggy Club) on the Salhouse road so it depends on where you are based. There is also a club at Kings Lynn which I believe still race off road, which is linked with Model Hobby. Your best bet would be check out www.brca.org which list all the clubs that are affiliated with the BRCA and gives local contacts to.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 25-02-2010

Thanks JCB. I'm based in Mildenhall in Suffolk so the closest location that I could think of was Coastal (Ipswich) and Stotfold (although that doesn't fall in the EOE region)

Model Hobby as in Adam Bower-Lowe? I haven't heard that name since I used to race off road with what was then the Bury Buggy Club back in the mid 90's. Would be good to see him again.
Old 25-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
Thanks JCB. I'm based in Mildenhall in Suffolk so the closest location that I could think of was Coastal (Ipswich) and Stotfold (although that doesn't fall in the EOE region)

Model Hobby as in Adam Bower-Lowe? I haven't heard that name since I used to race off road with what was then the Bury Buggy Club back in the mid 90's. Would be good to see him again.

Yeah Model Hobby as in Adam Bower-Lowe, I think his shop is up past the stock car track at Lynn now.
I know that Bury Buggy Club has gone under some rebranding, but I seem to remember hearing a rumour that there was an off road heat run not long back due to a ressurgence in off road.

It would be worth checking out MORErc, based just outside of Mannigtree as thats not as far away as Stotfold. I know they are restructuring the club at present and have some good plans for 2010. Theres a good mix of abilities there to, not sure if you know Andy East and John Myall from back in the day, as they race regularly there in the summer. Have popped down there a few times myself and it's always been good fun.

It has to be said that the region is going through a quiet spell at the minute, but there seems to be a growing interest in a regional event this year which can only be good news.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

Old 01-03-2010

Thanks for the info again, I'll have a look around and see whats about.
Old 19-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
Thanks for the info again, I'll have a look around and see whats about.
I think JCB nailed it with his post.

You will be very welcome to come along to MORErc. Our season kicks off this weekend with what is always a cracking meeting.

Just round the corner from our home ground, will be the Annual Manningtree Car Show. A lot of car enthusiasts admire 1:1 scale and whilst they do that, the families come down and watch the 1:10 scale off road race. If the weather is anything like this week, we will get in plenty of spectators too. Having your car cheered on by strangers is a great feeling (although this year I hope for driving and not just the "pretty" colours)

The ground is supersmooth and for a first day of the season it's a fantastic event to dust of the ol' sticks and wheels!

This was posted by one of the spectators from last years event. (Skip 3minutes, as they focused on the "pretty colours")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbhJLkwzd0

If you want to book in for it, drop me a PM or go to www.morerc.co.uk register on the forum and book in.

Hope you can make it and really looking forward to the season kicking off!
Old 22-04-2010

REGIONALS ?

Old 22-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul01ews View Post
REGIONALS ?

Need to ellect a regional rep first.

Another point worth making is that I would guess the majority of people interested in a regional series have already commited themselves to another region, for example me, simon and carl are all doing Mid East, and others are doing South East and Mid South. Just something to keep in mind as you can't score points in more than one regional series.

Personally I think the region (not regional rep) would be better off trying to do an interclub series with MERCC, Norfolk Buggy Club and Coastal (if they have an off road scene) and contact Adam Bowyer-Lowe at Model Hobby to. Can't see the point in travelling to clubs that don't have any off road drivers, but interclub between clubs that have an active off road scene would probably work quite well in the area.

Also got to try and fit it in around club calendars which will have already been set.

Then look seriously into organising things for next year, get a feel for who will turn up and not who's "interested" and take things from there.

Old 22-04-2010

Posting up on RC chat for drivers and clubs to log there interest for this year 2010 EOE series.

Good points Jonathan but i think there is still some who are up for it?

paul.

Old 26-04-2010

Default Regional 2010

I have had a positive response from at least one club with two dates so far!
Now we need a minimum of 15 drivers to take part , so come on and let me know as there is only four weeks to the first date.
Also the intention is to run both classes on the same day with one in the morning and the other after lunch, with an open class if required and juniors too if there is demand for it? Come on bring the kids with you too.
Please if you drivers out there would like this to happen then time is short so we need to get a move on and confirm your interest?
Paul Newman.

Old 26-04-2010
Mad Member

I'm pretty sure I'd be there Wiggles
Old 26-04-2010

Confirmed drivers so far;

Paul Newman
Daniel Newman
Kieran Newman
John Myall

Old 26-04-2010

Default Booking in 2010

Just to show the level of commitment from the drivers i thought it might be a good idea to have a pre-pay system for each meeting (paypal), this should ensure people turn up and the clubs do not loose out either!

Juniors £5.00 per class
All others £7.50 per class

Are there any views on this?

Paul.

Old 27-04-2010

Me too.
Old 27-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul01ews View Post
Posting up on RC chat for drivers and clubs to log there interest for this year 2010 EOE series.

Good points Jonathan but i think there is still some who are up for it?

paul.

You need to make sure that you inform everyone in the region, which will require using more than oople and RC Racechat, there are 36 clubs in the East of England, fair enough not all of them race off road, but at least 11 of them are listed as being able to cater for 1/10 off road. It can't really be a regional if it's just MORE RC members can it, so make sure everyone knows?!?!

Shops are also a good place to start with advertising, as people need to get their spares from somewhere and there are a surprising amount in the area.

Also take a look at the national calendar for 1/10 and 1/8 as you can't run a regional on a national date and I am pretty sure at least one of your potential regional racers is doing 1/8 nationals this year. Also if you want to encourage an open class you'd be wise to miss the Mid East dates.

I know it may not be so easy, but you need to think about venues, I am guessing as there is no mention, that MORE RC is one venue, but it is one long drive from Kings Lynn and Norwich and would potentially put people off, as in a limted few travelled up to Eastrax a few years back because it was a "long way" People will comment about local advantage, or prefering one surface to another if all the regionals are run at one venue.

Also you mention about the first one being only four weeks away. But I can't see how anyone can commit or would pay an entry fee when there is no venue information or dates mentioned anywhere!!

All the best in trying to sort something out.

Old 27-04-2010

Good points jcb
I will get a full post up later but first needed to see if there was any interest?
I will contact all the shops in the region this week and have emailed all the clubs I know run off road so far with only one positive response!
I am begining to see what an uphill struggle this might be!
Anyway to stay positive and get this up and running
Paul.