Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-11-2015

Default where has the BRCA club finder gone?

Can anyone point me to the BRCA club finder on their new website. It may be the wine, but I can't see it...
Looking for a 1/10th offroad club in kent to race at whilst at the inlaws over xmas...
ta
Old 27-11-2015

Maritime Racing at Chatham dockyard. http://www.maritimeracing.info/

Eden Park Raceways Beckenham http://www.edenparkraceway.com/

I dont race offroad but i know of these clubs.

HTH's

Shiny
Old 27-11-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Still in process of moving everything over
Old 28-11-2015

hi
Over christmas FORCC will run as normal
Old 28-11-2015

Maritime has a daft rule car cant be lower than 1.5cm so kindof defeats the idwa of off roading and is turning racing into the boaring tc scene, this slows racing down so maybe a good idea to check the other clubs out.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 28-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Maritime has a daft rule car cant be lower than 1.5cm so kindof defeats the idwa of off roading and is turning racing into the boaring tc scene, this slows racing down so maybe a good idea to check the other clubs out.
I thought most clubs have that rule.

How is having a minimum ride height making it more like TC? Surely its the opposite, running really low would make it like TC, keeping the height is more of an off road trait.
Old 29-11-2015

Having a ride height rule does slow racing down, they say it protects the carpet but it is nonsense as the damage is caused by cars hitting the carpet from the jumps, on carpet some cars go much quicker lower down and basically the rule seems to have been put in place to stop people beating the local racers. Its basically taken the fun out of racing and why a lot of people dont race any more, and after today now im considering calling it a day due to these idiots ruining my racing by not allowing me to race my car at the correct height for the optimal performance. Having it lower doesnt do any damage as anyone with a brain cell would realise gravity changes everything and accelarating the front raises and braking lowers the front end but having shocks on the car stops the front end hitting the carpet.

Whats annoying is the guys down in Maritime have seen my Lazer ZX go down here and is low on the deck but ive a smooth curved cf tub chassis and cant do any damage compared to the cars i saw hitting the carpet and they know my buggy is on A final pace and feel they dont like it that someone with a 1989 buggy can easily embarrass them. My cars been in most A finals throughout the 90's at hundreds of location, clubs, regonal and national level on carpet and never once did anyone say my car was damaging their carpet. Never thought Maritime would try to do this but now not impressed.
Answer UK team driver

Last edited by Welshy40; 29-11-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old 29-11-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Having a ride height rule does slow racing down, they say it protects the carpet but it is nonsense as the damage is caused by cars hitting the carpet from the jumps, on carpet some cars go much quicker lower down and basically the rule seems to have been put in place to stop people beating the local racers. Its basically taken the fun out of racing and why a lot of people dont race any more, and after today now im considering calling it a day due to these idiots ruining my racing by not allowing me to race my car at the correct height for the optimal performance. Having it lower doesnt do any damage as anyone with a brain cell would realise gravity changes everything and accelarating the front raises and braking lowers the front end but having shocks on the car stops the front end hitting the carpet.

Whats annoying is the guys down in Maritime have seen my Lazer ZX go down here and is low on the deck but ive a smooth curved cf tub chassis and cant do any damage compared to the cars i saw hitting the carpet and they know my buggy is on A final pace and feel they dont like it that someone with a 1989 buggy can easily embarrass them. My cars been in most A finals throughout the 90's at hundreds of location, clubs, regonal and national level on carpet and never once did anyone say my car was damaging their carpet. Never thought Maritime would try to do this but now not impressed.

Why you being a knob
Old 29-11-2015
Mad Member

Oh you also need to re check the lap times you are no where near the pace
Old 29-11-2015

Exclamation

Not this weekend as i havent raced it but considering i had zero practice for months put it down after four races with another car and put in a lap that was on A final pace, considering i had zero run time means with a couple of races could have been in the A. I can easily make the top twenty and have proven this two years back by making the top ten so not being a knob. The rule sucks and its and as more damage is done with the jumps as the cars hit the carpet bottoming out with a lot of force they should remove the jumps.
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-11-2015
Mad Member

So you were on a final pace the rule was only introduced yesterday morning the track had never been raced on so why wasn't you in the a final clearly the ride height is an issue for you but how about you tell the top ten they have all got it wrong is like to see what they say

Lee Martin
Jack embling
Elliot boots
Kev Brunston
Stuart rand (oh you already said my car was too high to be fast)
Dave poulter
Chris delves
Ellis Stafford

Not including the rest of the a semi who never made the final 10 was you one NO

So that stupid rule that was introduced to save the carpet from rips as much as possible caused you not to make the A

But you know what the guys who took time off work and evenings to spend hours laying the race track out so we can have a good race meeting was a waisted effort in your eyes I'm sorry the track we laid for you was crap and it's gonna make you stop coming cos you are to bone idle to raise your car to 15mm

Kind regards

Stu rand
Old 29-11-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Funniest rant I've read in a while!!
Old 29-11-2015

Smoking way too much green. Paranoid as hell.

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.
Old 29-11-2015

If the rule applies to everyone, how can it put you at a disadvantage to the local guys???

Norfolks Number 1 All Weather Astro Venue.
Old 29-11-2015
Mad Member

It wasn't a disadvantage to us or an advantage it was the fact he was pissed cos he had to raise his car up I think he may have been the only one who had too
Old 29-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodelweek View Post
If the rule applies to everyone, how can it put you at a disadvantage to the local guys???
I was wondering that. Not the most thought through argument I've read
Old 30-11-2015
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysmate View Post
Can anyone point me to the BRCA club finder on their new website. It may be the wine, but I can't see it...
Looking for a 1/10th offroad club in kent to race at whilst at the inlaws over xmas...
ta
The answer to your question is http://www.brca10thoffroad.co.uk/
Hope this helps you
Old 30-11-2015

Back on topic

Not Kent but down in Hastings East Sussex so might not be that far depending on where you will be exactly, 1066 racing, not sure of their dates over xmas, check the Facebook page for meetings and scroll down for a couple of recent track videos https://www.facebook.com/1066racing/?fref=ts

Martime as mentioned, I have only been to the circuit part but am told the buggy bit is just as good