Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 31-12-2011

Default New to the family

Hi guys

I've decided to join the mid motor revolution and am currently in the process of coverting my b4 to a squared

I must say that I am very impressed with the X Factory quality so far. Can anyone shed any light on the following questions please

1) I've got the longer axles for the drive shafts? where to I put the spacers?

2) My kit appears to have come with 2 x 3 degree toe in rear blocks, how can I get hold of a 4 degree toe in block?

Thanks in advance

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 01-01-2012
Mad Member

It's really cool to be able to welcome in the new year and a new Family member at the same time!!!

Spacer goes between the axle and the inner bearing so the bone moves a bit further into the outdrive. This allows more droop.

Sorry about the toe-in bar mix-up. If you are in U.K. contact any dealer and ask him to give you an entire part #3211. You keep the extra 3* bars for your trouble. X Factory UK will replace the part for the model shop and we will take care of Darren.

Go to our FaceBook page if you are not in U.K. and we'll take care of you direct.

In the meantime, run it with a set-up that uses 3*. There should be one that does not work too badly.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 01-01-2012

I too have picked up an X6 squared, fair enough its second hand though and what a car. As soon as I put it down I was quick unfortunately the front end was washing out mid corner other than that its brilliant. Weights will go into the front to help the nose hold the corner better, not bad for £100.

What makes it funnier is the fact that I nearly beat the person I bought it off who has just spent a fortune on a C4.1. I out qualified him but just couldn't come up with the goods in the final.

Here's a clip of its maiden outing where you can see the front end issue other than that X-Factory if your 4wd is as good as this then I'll ditch the Durango.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqXgL...-pmCvqBsgTkG8N
Old 01-01-2012

If you go to the lengthening of the car by reversing the front caster blocks you will gain steering in mid corner and will also be much smoother I tried it and never went back to base set up.

Nice buy, I just last week bought a Cougar was kind in a runt whit mine, my times were not get better, so a deal came up and I grabbed it but I am not getting read if it just yet.

Den.
Old 02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
It's really cool to be able to welcome in the new year and a new Family member at the same time!!!

Spacer goes between the axle and the inner bearing so the bone moves a bit further into the outdrive. This allows more droop.

Sorry about the toe-in bar mix-up. If you are in U.K. contact any dealer and ask him to give you an entire part #3211. You keep the extra 3* bars for your trouble. X Factory UK will replace the part for the model shop and we will take care of Darren.

Go to our FaceBook page if you are not in U.K. and we'll take care of you direct.

In the meantime, run it with a set-up that uses 3*. There should be one that does not work too badly.
Thanks for the reply youngchazz

I'll give Dms a call tomorrow

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 02-01-2012
Mad Member

I believe there is a post w/pix on our web site about moving the front hubs forward. It was a Kinwald mod and helps a lot.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC