Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 22-11-2005
Administrator

Default track design indoors

I've got to say, I've not enjoyed the last couple of batley meetings indoors much because the tracks, for me, aint been that much fun.

Why do we alllllllllways have to have a stutter/mat corner thing, its crap ! honest, once in a while its alright but it just gets in the way of some good racing.
The mats are also a bastard to carry in and out, lets use 10 making a big jump instead of 30 making a naff corner..

The track is TOO WIDE ! one side of the hall to the other is alright if the rostrum is far enough back to see properly, but usually the rostrum is right up against the track, so you have to lean right over to see and its sometimes just guesswork..

Jumps and really technical bits should be at least within sight and near the rostrum.

those jumps are alright but need to be placed carefully,, that first meeting was a joke, big run up to that first jump, it was daft... those jumps are definately LOW SPEED jumps, stick em just after a corner and just before one.

If we want high speed jumps then we need to design different ones or make them out of mats..

I like the layouts at york, they are usually really good..
Old 28-11-2005

Default who am i

Who am I to comment as I've never raced but....

Have like a rhythm section like 6 to 8 jumps which you can take as doubles or triples or a nice big "chasm" double to have a bash at. The bmx track I last raced at in my younger years had a nice step down straight into a step up triple and them a quad. It was my fav bit of the track.

When I take me car down to spen I always find it very satisfying to get that step down jump bang on. Would it be possible to build up some berm corners with what is available??
Old 28-11-2005
Administrator

yea the double at batley isnt satisfying, theres no skill.. but the tabletop type jump is really nice when you get it bang on....

I think those are the sort of jumps we need more of, they make it fun..
The jumps we currently have are alright but we need more that involve some timing / skill.. small ones that you can link together would be cool
Old 29-11-2005
Spends too long on oOple ...

Jim, just be lucky you got big Venues, our indoor venues in Wales, are, well, erm..... small to say the least, no chance of using mats and that sort of malarky, if there was, I wouldn't do tourers in the winter.
Old 29-11-2005

Default tracks

Please dont take the wrong way......

I always think the outdoor track is let down by the grassy area on the right. When I come to watch I always think having a section on the far right of 8 to 10 small jumps (rythmn section- spelling) to take as double or triple or however you want to chance it would be really good instead of just the hosing laid out for a track. They always have a section like it in supercross.

I dont know what you have available indoors but it could be good there too.

Would it be worth a visit to some bmx tracks (peel park bradford or yeadon tarn near the airport) to get some ideas. When I was into BMX I always preferred the technical tracks to race on rather than the outright speed ones.
Old 29-11-2005

Default .

http://www.matchvideozine.com/randomjumps.jpg

Now we are talking!!

If someone had the time could build some small ramps to be brought into or stored at the centre. I think they can even be bought for not much money for the little wipper snappers on skateboards. be great for lauchning a buggy off too.