Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 13-12-2009

Default which TC

for some one moving back to TC 1/10th which is the car of choice and brushless system to go for in the 10.5 class
Old 14-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to Matt_N

The most popular TC's out there at the moment are Xray T3 and Schumacher Mi4/Mi4LP. Personally, I would run a Tekin RS or RS Pro with a Speed Passion V3.0 10.5.

Matt
Old 14-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to chris_trcc

all depends on how much you willing to spend. tc5r cheap and competative, xray t3 that i use now and there just more reliable and the build quality is litte better. i dont know much about the mi4 lp but from i know all i herd is good reviews, electronics again good starting point be novak gtb but then again speed passion and tekin are rated highly
Old 14-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to Matt_N

TC5's aren't bad cars, just can be a bit temperamental at times. However, once set up right, they're very good cars. I've just upgraded to an Mi4, so my TC5 is sat around doing nothing, PM me if you're interested.

Matt
Old 14-12-2009
Mad Member

Most of the cars on the market right now are fast in the right hands, it really comes down to your own personal preference, combined with cost and parts availability.

At the meetings I've been to recently I've seen TOP, XRAY, Associated, Yokomo, Tamiya, Team Magic and Schumacher setting competitive times. There is even an old TC3 at the sharp end of the meetings around here, which goes to show you don't need the latest car, just a good pair of thumbs.

Personally I run the TOP Photon.

With brushless, there is a bit of an ESC war going on at the moment and on certain tracks the ESC can make a difference. I would avoid the Novak GTB right now as with stock motors it is a little bit off the pace. I believe they have a new speedo on the way soon. I run the Much-More/Speed Passion ESC, which is very reliable and easy to set up. Things like the Tekin with its PC link can get very complicated to set up, and if you go too far with the settings, you start to cook motors! There are also the TeamWave, GM, LRP/Nosram & others to consider too.

Pretty much all of the motors are good. Some have a slightly different powerband and may need timing or gearing adjustments to get the best out of them, but they are pretty much fit and forget.
Old 15-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

I would recommend MI4/LP I'm more than happy with mine. Xray I had before was good as well.

To esc - most used around here are LRP/Nosram, Speed Passion and Tekin. From what I heard Team Wave is very good as well and is really cheap.
Old 18-12-2009

Thanks for the advise guys. I do like the xray cars as i had a 007 so the new T3 may be the one unless i can find a cyclone as i run hotbodies off road and the cars are brill.
Old 19-12-2009

looking at the Mi4LP what is the difference between the Race and pro version apart from the price
Old 19-12-2009

+1 for the xray in any trim... schumacher are popular too... both manufacturers have new variants out so prices for a lightly used 08/09 model should be good... As for speedo... well... take yer pick... you've gotta go a long way to find a bad 'un IMO... Novak are always good but may be a tad on the big side for some folk... I use a novak motor/ESC combos and I have always been happy with 'em...
Old 19-12-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonrc View Post
looking at the Mi4LP what is the difference between the Race and pro version apart from the price
Difference is - instead of carbon fiber is used S1 material (kind of fiberglass - probably mixed with carbon fiber but I'm not sure at all), then different shocks - without shock collar - instead of that spacers are used. That are differences I remember - for more check racing-cars.com

Regarding Mi4 - I had blast drive today, very happy with it.