Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 20-01-2014

Default BRCA Mid South Regional Series 2014

Myself and Paul are in the position to confirm the clubs and dates for the BRCA Mid South Regional Series 2014

The host clubs for this year’s events are as follows:

Herts Nitro Model Car club (Ware, Herts)
Stotfold Model Car Club (Hinxworth, Herts)
Surrey & Hants Radio Control Car Club (Farnbourough, Hants)
Titchfield Off Road Club Hants (Curdridge, Hants)

4wd Series
Round 1 - T.O.R.C.H - April 20th
Round 2 - Stotfold - June 22nd
Round 4 - Surrey & Hants R/C Car Club - July 6th
Round 5 - Herts NMCC - August 10th

2wd Series
Round 1 - Stotfold Model Car Club – May 11th
Round 2 - Herts NMCC – May 18th
Round 3 - Surrey & Hants R/C Car Club – June 15th
Round 4 - T.O.R.C.H – July 13th

The Series and Classes
Both series will be the best 3 results from 4 rounds to count. No "emergency" date has been pencilled in to the calendar at present.
An open class will run alongside the "regional" class at each event, classes available will vary at each meeting and in terms of size of entries at the discretion of each club.
Controlled practice at each round, 4 rounds of qualifying, finals for all and three legged A finals. As per 2013 please note it has been agreed by all clubs those booking in on the day are not scheduled to get a practice since they will not be in any of the pre-determined provisional heat listings, so please pre-book.

Trophies
At each meeting trophies will be awarded for overall winner of the meeting and TQ, also top Under 13 & 16. With an added Veteran Trophy.
Winners of each final will receive a framed certificate for winning their final. Open class will not be supported.

Entry Fees
Booking in is £10 pre-entered, £15 arrive/pay on the day for the BRCA regional class - Open Class(s) are £5 each.

Transponders and PT's
It is the expectation that at all events, that ALL racers are to have access or use of a PT for lap counting, only minimal handout or loan units will be around at some meetings. With the host clubs Torch and Stotfold are using the latest RC4 software, which means that some MRT (older) PT`s will not work. Both Torch and Stotfold have a few lone PT`s for any drivers that have the older style PT`s. Please notify the club in advance.

Tires
This year there is no change to the tyre choice from 2013 and all clubs agreed the BRCA National series tyre choice was preferred.
To confirm the control tyres:

ONLY tyres permitted for use on the driven axle(s) at each event at that club.

Herts - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
Stotfold - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
Surrey and Hants - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
T.O.R.C.H - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)

Booking In (The IMPORTANT BIT)
(On line booking in will be live at some point this week, Darren from DMS will communicate once live).

Booking In remains the same as last year and as follows from 2013 post:

Booking in is via the usual DMS Online Booking-In service once more at www.dmsresults.co.uk
Racers are all reminded that it is their responsibility to keep hold of their confirmation entry email until AFTER each event expires. Each confirmation email includes a link for each competitor to be able to click should the need arise to withdraw from an event prior to it taking place.

Without the email you have no way of withdrawing and it will be your responsibility to contact the hosting club in order to notify them in good time prior to the event. Anyone failing to do so or simply not showing on the day for the event will lose the right to pre-book in online in advance. First time offender’s names will be coloured blue online and will have to confirm their next entry with the club concerned before they are taken off any reserve list. Repeat offenders will be coloured red online and will have to pay for their missed event or events to the next club they wish to enter a meeting at before they are taken off any reserve list. Anyone coloured red or blue at the close of booking in for any event will be classed as not entered and will be asked to pay the "on the day" rates on the morning of the meeting should they be successful in gaining an entry. PLEASE..... you have all been warned, book in early to avoid disappointment and if you have to withdraw make it your primary concern to unbook and ensure the club concerned (no-one else) are aware in good time that you will not be attending, it is for the good of all racers and to ensure as many people as possible can race at each event. Be warned also the "no-show" lists have been carried over from last season too..........

Final comments:

If you have any constructive comments and questions please ask.
Please email me or Paul, my email s.brown2977@hotmail.co.uk.
I appreciate some of the dates and classes may seem a little different, I believe the calendar is a very busy one and the timing of dates/rounds was challenging to achieve in a symmetrical way.
Please consider our region hold 2 of the 6 main national events this year and is one of the most supported regions based on number of racers.

My appreciation goes out to the host clubs and the racers for 2014, wish them the best of luck with the series and look forward to seeing you all this year.

Thanks Steve and Paul
Old 29-01-2014

When does booking in open ?
Old 01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
When does booking in open ?
Hi Freddie

Darren will be opening booking in soon, watch this space

Cheers
Old 02-02-2014

Can we have a juniors heat this year? I would like to enter Charlie into all 2wd rounds but I'm a little worried that even in heat one he could be in with some pretty rapid machines.
I would also like the subject of foul language on the rostrum addressed at each meeting as its something I don't want to expose Charlie to.

Thanks,
James.
Old 02-02-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Hi Freddie

Darren will be opening booking in soon, watch this space

Cheers
Need that F grading list that I emailed about before I can do much that I emailed you about last week please.

I guess there is no rush yet for the booking in to be open since we still have 11 weeks before the first meeting and the closer to the start of the first meeting the better since less people will book in and no-show or require their entry withdrawn, which happens a LOT when people book in months and months in advance....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 02-02-2014

I would like to second what James has said as I would like to enter my son also !!
Old 02-02-2014
Mad Member

Any chance of sooner that later Darren.

That way we all know we have a place and can plan the rest of the year etc
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 02-02-2014

Darren,
It would also be nice to see who's racing in our region this year. Having lost 3 clubs from last years calendar we could also lose drivers from those clubs to different regions.

Thanks,
James.
Old 03-02-2014
oOple Advertiser

As soon as I recieve the list of F ratings etc from either Steve or Paul I can crack on with it this week hopefully.

Regards losing 3 clubs, realistically, we have only lost one club from the hosting (Silverstone), since TCRCMCC never actually happend last year and our own club (DMS MCC) declined to wish to host any events this year also (too busy sadly) but I know everyone who did regionals from our club over the last few years will still be doing them all again this year too (and maybe a few extras as well), cannot speak on behalf of Silverstone though...

Regards not getting in (Derek) I think you will be fine, no meeting was ever 100% full last year (we did come close on a couple) but there were spacers in all, so I dont think anyone will miss out (unles they try booking in really late...)

Hopefully in the next 7-10 days we should be live and it will be announced on here and by all the relevant clubs etc too I expect.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636