Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 02-11-2015

Default Problems with KO PROPO Esprit 3 w/ rf-901s Module...

At my last meet I had a problem with my Esprit 3 where I couldn't seem to get a signal. I've always had a problem at the club where I couldn't get the module to pair and I would have to go outside just to do so. Though this time the module seemed to be pair, but for some reason I had no control to my car. I have many recievers and have tested it with all of them, yet I get the same problem everytime. I even tried this at home where is would usually always work, but not this time. I was just wondering if anyone has had simular problems and figured what the fault might be. I even tried to rebind each reciever yet the LED on the back of the module wouldn't go off. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help!
Old 02-11-2015
No trade access

When I had mine I got issues like this (sometimes module cut out), it was due to slop between the module card and transmitter pins that require a good connection to work properly.
I would advise to take a look at the pins and align them back together then mount the module back. Should work. Check if module got slop in the case, put tape or foam to avoid it.
After a while if removed often you will need to slightly bent the pins up or down, still align, to create some tension for contact.
Once set it will hardly move, check now and then.
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
When I had mine I got issues like this (sometimes module cut out), it was due to slop between the module card and transmitter pins that require a good connection to work properly.
I would advise to take a look at the pins and align them back together then mount the module back. Should work. Check if module got slop in the case, put tape or foam to avoid it.
After a while if removed often you will need to slightly bent the pins up or down, still align, to create some tension for contact.
Once set it will hardly move, check now and then.
I use to have this problem at first but I did as you said and even went as far as to put abit of solder on each pin, and that hasn't been a problem since. So I think the fault is else where. The module is always lit up yet its the same with all recievers. The fact that I can't try and rebind them makes me think the module may now be faulty. :/