Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 28-08-2014

Default Marui shogun 4wd

Hi all
I've just come across my old rc cars whilst clearing my parents loft one is a marui shogun the other is a tamiya lunch box. Both still work and run however the tyres are ruined ( I guess sitting unused for 15-20 years causes this) the lunch box is not an issues as parts are easily available but I can't seem to find any parts for the marui shogun ideally I only need 4 tyres to fit but I have no idea on sizes etc if I can't find the right size tyres then I need 4 wheel and tyres to suit. Anyone got any ideas where I can get replacement tyres or what wheel and tyre combos will fit and where I can buy them.
Thanks
Matt
Old 29-08-2014

For tires, maybe the Schumacher block or full spike 1.9/2.0 inch will fit.

Marui uses a different wheel hub, no hex, but a big ridge instead of just a pin. So you either need to find replacement wheels, or find hexes that fit. If I remember well from my Ninja, the wheel axles are 6mm, tapered to 4 mm to fit the wheel nuts. 5mm tapered to 4mm is more common, so this might complicate finding replacement hexes.
Old 29-08-2014

Have a good look at those gold Shogun wheels because they literally crumble. They always were weak but time isn't kind on that plastic.

You may get lucky with tyres but you'll need to be patient.
Old 29-08-2014
Mad Member

I've got some old larger tyres some still new in packet, no idea what they fit though, what size do you need