Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G
Default eBay annoyances

Things that annoy me about the eBay community...

Sellers that don't/won't leave feedback for you until you've left theirs and insist you leave only 5 stars or none at all. TBH if you provide a 5 star service I'll leave 5 stars. If you fleece me on the postage I'll leave less. If you're the buyer your side of the deal is done when you pay.

HK sellers who refuse to combine the P&P because secretly half the products cost is hidden in the P&P charge when in reality the true postage charge would be the same with twice the items in the same padded envelope
Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Under the new ebay rules a seller cannot leave you a negative feedback anymore. You can leave him what you want without retaliation.
As for the star rating again he cannot see what you leave so give them what you feel is fair.
Postage costs from hong kong etc- a lot of them charge a low price for the item but stupidly big price for the postage as they only pay ebay fee,s on the listing fee,s and final value of the item, not on postage, so they save on fee,s. Ony thing you can do about this is report them to ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ss+postage+fee
Old 21-01-2010
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

thats true but you can leave a good feedback score with a bad write up,
Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

it ticks me off not getting my feedback. for the ocassional ebayer with our <500 feedbacks it's very precious lol
Old 21-01-2010

I don't like sellers who don't leave me feedback until I do.. I've paid for the item, therefore I should get feedback for paying promptly..

If the goods then arrive on time and in working order, the same favour will be returned.

Old 22-01-2010

I have alot more issues with buyers than sellers on ebay.

I don't mind the high postage for low item value, it means that the value on the outside of the box is lower if customs pick it up.
Also when buying 2 or more items I work out the UK street value and if it's cheaper to buy them over here then I will, but generally speaking even with no postage discount it's a steal
Old 22-01-2010

Me too,i hate it when as a Buyer the Seller doesnt leave feedback or even acknowledge when i pay as once i've paid,my part is done!!!!

I'm also getting pissed off with all the Buy It Now prices-i realise there are more shops on eBay now but isnt it an auction site & not just an extension of there websites!!!

DiscoStu

B4
Manta Ray
Old 22-01-2010

Grumpy old men springs to mind hahaha But seriously I see all your points and hate most of it too but its never a perfect world haha If only

For all your Durango/Kyosho/Team Associated/Losi/Schumacher Spares
Call 01706 250007 Ask for Stevo or Rik
For Trackside Support see Mark aka CWP
Old 22-01-2010

DELETED

Last edited by jhammond; 08-06-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 22-01-2010

Yeah, that certainly was true, but I'm not so sure now. I thought I read a later article changing that - or saying that it was only for shops or power sellers?
Old 22-01-2010

DELETED

Last edited by jhammond; 08-06-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 22-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

a while ago I bought some (gay) blue bits for my sc10. I bought 5 buy it nows each with a £1 of P&P and wasn't allowed to combine the P&P for all 5. the items arrived in a xmas card sized padded envelope with 30p of postage on the outside which I had been charged £5 for. that annoyed me.
Old 23-01-2010

Main thing I hate nowadays is you can't sell nothing without Paypal which you ge another fee on and that fee is also includes freight.
Old 25-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to BadgersOnAcid

When you commit to buy a ebay item you can clearly see the postage charges before accepting them by making the purchase, so why complain the postage was high when you agreed to pay it in the first place.
Old 25-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was aware with the postage before I committed yes. all I was saying was I thought it would of been nice for the seller to combine the postage on my 5 items instead of massively overcharging me that's all.

either way the ratings for "How reasonable were the P&P charges?" were truthfully left.
Old 26-01-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

see you slipped up...

if he wont combine postage,yet sends them all in the same bag,you can claim with paypal he only sent you 1 item..as you payed seperate postage for all the items you should have had 5 seperate parcels...play him at his own game.
Old 26-01-2010

ive just sold a car buffer on ebay, it was mint, tested it before they picked up all was fine, prob used it 4 times. anyway later that night he phoned me to say it was broke??? he brought it back and I gave him a refund and its tottally goosed?? just buzzes and dosnt spin and it stinks of burnig. im thinking he has tested it in the air and not on a car so its over reved, but what can i do to avoid bad feedback???

XRAY
Tecnopower
AKA
AMMO Fuel
HUDY
RC Disco
Old 26-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

take it and reply tell the facts and truth in your response to the feedback. or you can refund him and live with a broken car.
Old 26-01-2010

Default read

I needed a 2 cell lipo cut off for the micro nationals last year. Couldn't get on in the UK at the time, so got one on ebay from the US. I did a buy it now, but then noticed I'd bought the 3-cell version, but I noticed it quick enough so mentioned this in the additional info bit, so there shouldn't be a problem.

3 weeks later! My lip cutoff comes through the letterbox and it's the 3 cel version. They didn't bother reading the additional info box at all. They said they'd exchange it, but I'd have to send this back across the atlantic to them, and wouldn't get the right one for upto 6 weeks, then they we're surprised when I left them neutral or negative feedback!!!!
Old 26-01-2010

i really don't mind what the cost is for postage - If i'm paying a good price for product and post together, it doesn't matter if the listed posting cost is more than the price on the envelope. The cost of posting is a combination of actual stamp price, packing and Paypal (If u were picking up stuff, u would pay in cash probs). It is annoying when sellers don't combine postage well, though if you ask politely before buying, then you can see what sort of deal you are going to be getting.
Listing stuff on ebay is time consuming, and setting up the combined postage rules as a seller is annoying, and even then they don't work properly, so will need to be manually adjusted. Changing the postage value on each item you list can also be time consuming, so it can be easier to list with a flat postage cost and make up the difference in the item price.
However there are plenty of dodgey sellers out there, who will try and make as much on postage as possible. And then theres the ones who are really unhelpful generally...