oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tamiya (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New Tamiya TRF 2wd (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126393)

Origineelreclamebord 22-04-2013 04:54 PM

The Tamiya XV-01 Impreza (58528) had the same price tag given to it by Tamiya - the best I could find that for on eBay is just below the 140GBP mark excluding postage.

I know it's fully machined, but for that money I'd rather buy some 15 sets of tires to try and raise the limit where my talent runs out instead of the car's talent to put up with my flawless driving style time and time again :lol:

djmcnz 22-04-2013 05:03 PM

I think the 511 upgrade kit was suggested at US$249 or something and that retailed for about half of that!

Don't worry too much about Tamiya MSRP...

Aussie Top Force 23-04-2013 06:27 AM

Yes the chassis only looks like a TLR 22 (agreed) and the rest is of course TRF 201. I guess my point is that the new chassis offers no mid mount conversion. If it did then it would be worth the cost.

Thus, I think any one wanting a new car would just go and buy a 22, an RB6 or Durango as they all have the mid mount option. TRF are missing a big part of the market. Further a 201 driver, if not solely dedicated may switch to a car with more options for a reasonable price.

The car Lee martin ran at the cactus Classic certainly proved that a 201 with mid mount chassis is highly capable!

Moose 23-04-2013 11:34 AM

There was a mid motor Tamiya car at the hobby show in Japan last year ... but the car never came out so I think it is mid convertable. If it is not they could have aswell released the old midmotor prototype.

Origineelreclamebord 23-04-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 768157)
There was a mid motor Tamiya car at the hobby show in Japan last year ... but the car never came out so I think it is mid convertable. If it is not they could have aswell released the old midmotor prototype.

From what I heard that was actually a custom project from a Tamiya fan and was displayed between other customers' project cars, so it was not a prototype from Tamiya?

Junior Z 23-04-2013 07:39 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...48501679_n.jpg

Moose 23-04-2013 07:42 PM

ok I didn t know that. Thank for clearing that up.

Tamiya has some really great cars and some real copy cars. i love how they didnt even try to make it look different to the 22 chassis.
Pretty strange what they do with their sponsored drivers ... They never let Rheinard race the importat EOS races though he lives not too far away from two races this and last year. Last year he won the Dortmund EOS and he didnt even have a own car, he just joined because he was there. If Tamiya would be serious about their offroad cars they would make him more drive this class. At least that two races.
I always fear it might happen what happend to the TRF 801 again.
The Vega 201 and the 501 isnt really box stock. Not one car a "normal customer" could go for. Hope they bring up two kits before or after the worlds that are up to date.

msxmre 24-04-2013 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks really nice, Satoshi Maezumi is claiming this is a new version of the TRF201 on Facebook. Looks nice.
Sorry never noticed previous post with picture.
Scotty....

Chris 24-04-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Z (Post 768313)

Tamiya body?

Fredrik Emilsson 24-04-2013 10:00 AM

X-Gear I think.

Moose 24-04-2013 03:19 PM

@ chris: pretty sure its the final version of the X gear RB6 body.

trowta 26-04-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Z (Post 768313)

Junior Z or anyone do we have any more photos from Japan and what were the final top 10 results for both classes at the Japan Nationals anyone no if the new Tamiya made the top 10?

Junior Z 26-04-2013 11:22 AM

Hi Trowta,

Sorry but it's the only picture I had (was found by my friend Rednoise).
If we find others, we'll post it :)

Julien

taomo 29-04-2013 03:59 PM

Hi,

some photos from the european warm up (Valladolid -Spain- 26, 27 & 28 april):
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...psa6d98d20.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...ps13af0681.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...ps60b3accd.jpg

See the new big bores and body. I don't know if both are Tamiya brand.
Lee Martin took the 2nd place in 2WD.

kentech 10-05-2013 06:57 AM

Don't know if any of you noticed but I posted this bit on my blog a few days ago....

42257 TRF201 XM Midship Conversion Set

Shizuoka next week... ;)

carpaste 10-05-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentech (Post 772806)
Don't know if any of you noticed but I posted this bit on my blog a few days ago....

42257 TRF201 XM Midship Conversion Set

Shizuoka next week... ;)


Wow, that is great news. I am very expecting it.

Origineelreclamebord 10-05-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentech (Post 772806)
Don't know if any of you noticed but I posted this bit on my blog a few days ago....

42257 TRF201 XM Midship Conversion Set

Shizuoka next week... ;)

Now THAT is something I:

1. Wasn't expecting.
2. Was hoping Tamiya would release.

I'm very curious what it'll be like! (hopefully it takes shorties in length and width) :) Please enlighten us soon with pictures :thumbsup:

James 10-05-2013 05:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing this! Guessing it will be 22/H2 type arrangement having seen the entended rm chassis?

kentech 15-05-2013 07:52 AM

http://data8.blog.de/media/765/70347...ab39b45_o.jpeg

carpaste 15-05-2013 09:07 AM

The car looks nice, but I was wondering where ESC is set.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com