oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Durango (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   US Durango Owners (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41748)

gijoe64 07-04-2010 08:03 PM

Hey guys what rims are you using? I got some rims comming from J Concepts and I wanted to know if there needs to be any modifications to makes different rims fit?

grapejuice 07-04-2010 09:03 PM

I'm using Losi rims, haven't tried j concepts...

HyperFX 08-04-2010 01:22 AM

I'm using Losi rears (slightly wider offset), JConcepts Rulux for B44, and AE B44 wheels.
But, I prefer the Team Durango wheels. They seem more durable/predictable, on the track.
I don't mod the rears at all, but I do shave the inside edge of the fronts to keep them from rubbing the steering link ball cups.

odanota 25-04-2010 09:54 PM

mamba
 
Do you guys know if a mamba max pro will fit into the Durango? I am trying to decide on a ESC and the Mamba seems like the best price for what you get. Would this be a bad ESC to go with if it did fit?

nitrokillah 25-04-2010 10:08 PM

odanota -
a friend of mine has one in his
not the nicest setup
but seemed ok for space .
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6135/p1050541t.jpg

odanota 25-04-2010 10:57 PM

Thanks
 
Thank you for the post and pic. Did your friend not like the esc and motor or was it just not the cleanest set-up?

annonymous 26-04-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odanota (Post 370519)
Do you guys know if a mamba max pro will fit into the Durango? I am trying to decide on a ESC and the Mamba seems like the best price for what you get. Would this be a bad ESC to go with if it did fit?

i tried a MMPro in my buggy. . . .it was a tight fit because of my futaba reciver, but if you remove the fan and cut a few pins off of the heatsink, it slips in right under the center shaft up against the center bulkhead, with none of the wires in contact with moving parts

odanota 26-04-2010 12:24 AM

Did you like the MMpro or should I just spend the money on something else like an LRP?

annonymous 26-04-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odanota (Post 370561)
Did you like the MMpro or should I just spend the money on something else like an LRP?

i really did like it. . . . . the ESC i general, i have run the same esc in all kinds of cars, from 1/8 buggy to the durango . . . . . its only true disadvantage is its size, its layout makes it a bit of a tough one in the durango, but it can be done pretty easily. .. . . . it will take anything you through at it in the durango, and its price and support is great

odanota 26-04-2010 03:29 AM

Thanks
 
I think I will give the ESC and the Motor a try then.

annonymous 26-04-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odanota (Post 370568)
I think I will give the ESC and the Motor a try then.

the MMPro/5700 sensorless combo castle offers will make that Durango fly . . . . and the price is great . . . .good luck!

Speaking of ESC's, this is a bit out of left field, but has anyone had any issues with ESC brownouts in a durango? I have been running a RSPro, and it would brownout under high load (straight away) and stick wide open throttle until it hit something hard (a runaway 4wd w/ a 6.5 is FUN!!!). . . . . there is a lot more to it after weeks of diagnostics, but i just want to see if anyone has experienced anything like it before i explain it all . . . . . . i ask on the Durango forum because me and several other people have come to the conclusion i am more prone to it than other drivers because of the weight of the Durdango

JohnM 26-04-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annonymous (Post 370571)
i ask on the Durango forum because me and several other people have come to the conclusion i am more prone to it than other drivers because of the weight of the Durdango

I don't think it's due to the car being heavier then others, I have a few friends running HB D4s, that are a good 100grams heavier then my DEX410

annonymous 26-04-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 370716)
I don't think it's due to the car being heavier then others, I have a few friends running HB D4s, that are a good 100grams heavier then my DEX410

the weight contributes, not causes. . . . mine is a good 200g heavier than everyone else, and a 6.5 pulls a lot of power when it has to push a heavy car . . . . it is a combination of crappy battery cells, car weight, and possibly wounded electronics. . . . . anyone had anything like this happen?

gijoe64 26-04-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odanota (Post 370519)
Do you guys know if a mamba max pro will fit into the Durango? I am trying to decide on a ESC and the Mamba seems like the best price for what you get. Would this be a bad ESC to go with if it did fit?

I would suggest you buy a Tekin RS or the Pro. Very small foot print and very easy to use. I use a RS with a 6.5 motor very good:thumbsup:

werner1619 02-05-2010 08:36 PM

Had mine for a bit, the best way i found to tame the rear is to use the rear droop screws. Standard the rear has more negative suspension travel than the front and contributes greatly to the rear unsettleness. Make the rear the same as the front as a starting point and reduce to prefrance.

Using a front swaybar also helped smooth it out a bit. No rear swaybar for me, loose to much lateral traction.

I am thinking of parting with mine if anyone is interested.

Adam Skelding 04-05-2010 02:40 PM

Calling all US DEX410 Owners
 
We at Team Durango are short of set-up information for the DEX410 in the USA.
The tracks are much different to those we mainly run on in Europe and we are looking for set-ups from drivers in the US.

Could you have a look at the how to save your set-ups section on the Team Durango blog and send in your set-ups.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=775

Thanks in advance


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com