oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   R/C Graphy! (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you wanna build a snowman? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160774)

dariush 02-06-2015 03:27 PM

Car is looking Awesome!!
 
Hi Chris,

I thought i'd post a couple of pictures of the shells on the car for you, they look great!!

Off to race this evening with it :0)

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pspp1tkug0.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pswvyva28u.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pslbv6jdyi.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psktuozybn.jpg

Ashlandchris 03-06-2015 01:18 AM

Thanks for posting Dariush. Hope it went as well as it looked.
Glad you liked it

Ashlandchris 26-06-2015 01:59 PM

What? Where?
 
4 Attachment(s)
Couple of shells for another friend. YZ-2 and TLR
Design spec was "desert style camouflage with his name down side in bright iridescent / pearlescent"
Not tried anything like this before, but came out nicely. Not so good at full free hand design and painting, but the camo looks ok, so just to do some matching wings then they can be returned

Just have to try and find them now..

claymoreman 26-06-2015 04:49 PM

what where
 
they look awesome chris

Ashlandchris 26-06-2015 05:05 PM

Glad you like them 😀

Ashlandchris 13-08-2015 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one finished this evening

Ashlandchris 22-08-2015 06:18 PM

Down came the rain...
 
3 Attachment(s)
Well, I had intended to get some gardening done while my wife is away, but the thunder has put paid to that...

So decided to paint a shell. Inspired by Mr Andy Shilly shells, although not to his standards :thumbsup:

Will give it a run out tomorrow at Manor I think

neallewis 22-08-2015 10:44 PM

Nice new shell Chris :thumbsup:

andys 24-08-2015 02:37 PM

Looks good that fella :)

One tip I could give you is possibly thin the paint a bit more and really lower the pressure for the fades. Fading black to white is a nightmare and you only need a 'sniff' of black as it always looks more solid from the outside then from the inside when you are painting. I still put too much back down - then kick myself for not trusting myself with a lighter layer.

Also - thinner paints and lower pressure = nice fades.

Lastly :)
Buy some of Jon's RCS Body Prep - never paint a fade without using it first - it's an anti static spray that stops spray / mist adhering to the shell through static :) It's awesome.

Ashlandchris 24-08-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys (Post 923440)
Looks good that fella :)

One tip I could give you is possibly thin the paint a bit more and really lower the pressure for the fades. Fading black to white is a nightmare and you only need a 'sniff' of black as it always looks more solid from the outside then from the inside when you are painting. I still put too much back down - then kick myself for not trusting myself with a lighter layer.

Also - thinner paints and lower pressure = nice fades.

Lastly :)
Buy some of Jon's RCS Body Prep - never paint a fade without using it first - it's an anti static spray that stops spray / mist adhering to the shell through static :) It's awesome.

Great tips. Cheers.
And just a quiz, can you tell which shells of yours were my inspiration 😀

Ashlandchris 09-09-2015 06:52 PM

Dex410v4
 
4 Attachment(s)
For a friend - Dex410v4 "box art" (well, nearly!!)

Interesting to do them - Not done a Durango before and wonder if the Lexan is a slightly different spec to other Lexan as the liquid mask stuck like glue. Wouldn't peel in nice easy pieces like normal :eh?:

dazp83 16-09-2015 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
looking great, thanks :)

Ashlandchris 16-09-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazp83 (Post 925850)
looking great, thanks :)

Thanks for posting the pics. Glad you like it.

Chris

Ashlandchris 07-11-2015 01:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Couple more for a friend

Ashlandchris 31-12-2015 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shell for a friend. Another coat of LM needed I think as it didn't strip easily leading to some "not too clean" lines. Looks ok unless close up...

Ashlandchris 03-01-2016 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And now Santa has done his stuff, here are a couple more I painted on his behalf

Ashlandchris 20-03-2016 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bit rusty, but fancied a new shell for today. No close ups please 😀

spurry05 10-01-2017 06:29 PM

Very nice

Ashlandchris 20-02-2017 10:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sadly, daughters have decided that Elsa and Anna are a "bit last season" so want new shells. One down, exactly how I was instructed...
Always important to keep the customer satisfied :)

Ashlandchris 22-02-2017 10:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Number 2 now completed...

Ashlandchris 22-02-2017 10:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And finally, "daddy, can I have a Pokemon one being driven by a Pokemon creature?"
I'll see what I can do...

Ashlandchris 22-02-2017 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Smile 😀 Group photo time

Steveonamission 22-02-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlandchris (Post 967972)
And finally, "daddy, can I have a Pokemon one being driven by a Pokemon creature?"
I'll see what I can do...

I suppose he will be hoping this is one Pokemon you can't catch on track.

Great work - loving the flower scheme too.

Ashlandchris 22-02-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveonamission (Post 967977)
I suppose he will be hoping this is one Pokemon you can't catch on track.

Great work - loving the flower scheme too.

Let's hope his driving doesn't take after me then. I come from the distinctly slow and steady brigade 😀

Cheers for comments.

Ashlandchris 18-03-2017 05:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple of shells for Mr L
Original RC10 and latest B6

neallewis 18-03-2017 06:37 PM

Nice work Chris. hopefully see them in the flesh soon.

Aire valley 18-03-2017 06:55 PM

They look great Chris.....👍.. Thanks very much...

Ashlandchris 19-03-2017 02:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Busy weekend. 3 more ready for sending - hope you like them Daz

Ashlandchris 21-03-2017 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 shells mounted. Thanks Alan for the photos

dazp83 23-03-2017 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great job Chris thanks a lot :) ready to hit the track on Sunday

Ashlandchris 23-03-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazp83 (Post 969983)
Great job Chris thanks a lot :) ready to hit the track on Sunday

Looking good 😀 Make sure you don't crash 😂

Ashlandchris 23-03-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazp83 (Post 969983)
Great job Chris thanks a lot :) ready to hit the track on Sunday

Looking good 😀 Make sure you don't crash 😂

dazp83 24-03-2017 10:37 AM

Haha can't guarantee that :)

Ashlandchris 23-04-2017 03:36 PM

Another go for Alan
 
5 Attachment(s)
Lines a bit cleaner this time. Approached it in a different way - seemed to work better

Aire valley 23-04-2017 07:55 PM

They look very nice Chris...👍...as you say, much sharper than the originals....but they were still good..so these are excellent.. 👏😃 Can't wait..hope we make a meeting next week in spite of the cyclists..!
Many thanks....:thumbsup:

J77MYF 26-04-2017 01:48 PM

Are they your shells Alan?

They look fantastic Chris :thumbsup:

Aire valley 26-04-2017 06:14 PM

Yes Jim all mine...thanks to Chris..👍

Ashlandchris 26-04-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J77MYF (Post 971810)
Are they your shells Alan?

They look fantastic Chris :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate. Not seen you for a while - hope all well? Are you going on Monday?

J77MYF 27-04-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlandchris (Post 971824)
Cheers Mate. Not seen you for a while - hope all well? Are you going on Monday?

All is well thanks Chris. How about yourself?

I can't make it on Monday. I managed to get a pass out last Sunday on the proviso I had this weekend off :thumbdown:

I'm building a new Tamiya Hotshot for a vintage heat at cully. You and Alan should try to bring your classics along.

Aire valley 27-04-2017 08:50 PM

Jim.....I rebuilt a Hotshot couple of years back because I had happy memories of one being good indoors back in the day. I ran it at a Batley Xmas meeting, it was terrible..:lol:...probably not set up right and with a slow, brushed motor.! It's hiding in the loft now..:cry: When I tried the Tamiya Topforce a couple of years before that, it was much better..! That's also in the loft.!
If you want to run vintage, can't beat the RC10....:lol:
Not a bad idea about Cully though..


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com