oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tamiya (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   TRF211XM (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166352)

pugs 13-08-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness (Post 921595)
Do the arms have the shocks holes on both sides???

The thinner high response rear arms do...

guinness 14-08-2015 10:07 AM

Which one are those ??

SiR_Dave 16-08-2015 07:04 PM

They should be the same as the OEM 502x rear arms;)

guinness 17-08-2015 11:29 AM

What do u gain in swapping the arms around?

SiR_Dave 17-08-2015 02:31 PM

A much longer wheel base and more weight forward

CamaroTom 19-08-2015 10:58 AM

Hey guys I'm finally got all my parts together for my TRF211XM build.

Let me know what you think.

Sanwa Super Vortex Zero esc (using with my MT4S)
Scorpion RS-3420 5.5t (6000kv) 600/720 peak watts
Sanwa RX-482 rx with internal antenna
Sanwa SRG-BLS Version 2 servo
SMC 5800 2S square pack

For the motor it was down to the Tekin 7.5t (6150kv) or the Scorpion. I went with the 5.5t in the Scorpion because the 7.5t version was only 4300kv.

xfactor 19-08-2015 01:10 PM

I would not run a 5.5 in the 211. I would not go below 7.5 to be honest. I think the 5.5 is way to hot for the 2wd or any 2wd. I would only run 6.5 in a 4wd.

I would think about the motor matey.:)

CamaroTom 19-08-2015 07:27 PM

Ok thanks for the advice.

So just trying to get this straight a tekin 7.5t 6150kv motor would be ok, but not a scorpion 5.5t 6000kv?

Im not so much into to club racing as of yet, just want to build a fast, balanced, and powerful 2wd buggy at the moment

ralphee 19-08-2015 07:30 PM

Just keep in mind buddy, this buggy is LIGHT, mine is very quick on a 10.5 indoor!

Lee

SiR_Dave 19-08-2015 11:05 PM

Yeah... a 7.5 would be plenty of motor for this Buggy.. Like Lee said... you might save some transmission gears too taking with a lower KV motor:)

CamaroTom 21-08-2015 12:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Too late to switch to 7.5. Fed Ex dropped this off today. It's a beautiful motor. I'll tame the motor down as needed via the SSL function on esc/tx. I want to do a few speed runs first off. Motor is making 720 peaks watts not too shabby. Are metal transmission gears available?

ralphee 21-08-2015 02:15 AM

You can get the metal idler gear and diff planetary gears i think?

Lee

SiR_Dave 21-08-2015 02:40 AM

There use to be metal idler gears about 2-3 years ago but I have yet to see anybody restock them in a while they where made for the Tamiya FF03 and 3Racing made them. But if you look around at other makers cars you will also see that Serpent uses a 27T idler gear as well and they make a alloy metal gear as well...;)

SiR_Dave 21-08-2015 02:45 AM

27T Metal idler gears
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-CAC-...item2804081f51

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/serpent...FQyoaQodzoQGzA

SiR_Dave 22-09-2015 12:22 AM

Crickets in here:confused::cry:

ca-rj 28-08-2016 01:27 PM

Dave, are you still running the 211XM at SDRC?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com