oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   JConcepts (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Setups! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555)

Richard Lowe 16-10-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFF55 (Post 299078)
My mate (shps) has just gone home to put your setup on now rich!!! Look out, animal with a bj4 about!!:lol:
What should he gear his 12x2 on?

I can't remember for brushed :lol:

I know I used to run a Checkpoint 9 turn on 21/81, so tell him to try about 23/81 to start with :)

jim sykes 04-01-2010 08:56 PM

current bj4 we setup sheet
 
rich over to you

Richard Lowe 06-01-2010 10:12 PM

Hi Jim,

Have a look at post number 88, at the moment I'm running the car like that with a couple of tweaks. The only changes are Orange/30w in the rear shocks and the steering link ballstud to the rear instead of the front.

At worksop last weekend I dropped 5w all round to 40/25w as the oil gets thicker in the cold ;)

N7ELA 09-01-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Lowe (Post 327946)
Hi Jim,

Have a look at post number 88, at the moment I'm running the car like that with a couple of tweaks. The only changes are Orange/30w in the rear shocks and the steering link ballstud to the rear instead of the front.

At worksop last weekend I dropped 5w all round to 40/25w as the oil gets thicker in the cold ;)

Were you not running silver rear springs...???

Richard Lowe 10-01-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N7ELA (Post 329239)
Were you not running silver rear springs...???

Yep, I meant losi orange pistons if you thought I meant springs

N7ELA 15-01-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Lowe (Post 329625)
Yep, I meant losi orange pistons if you thought I meant springs

No your set up sheet has black rear springs on it. I tried this but silvers worked alot better for me.

/tobys 04-06-2010 12:21 PM

according to the recommended setup in post #88, there is no mention of roll bars. under what conditions, if ever, do you suggest running them?

thanks :)

Richard Lowe 07-06-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /tobys (Post 383408)
according to the recommended setup in post #88, there is no mention of roll bars. under what conditions, if ever, do you suggest running them?

thanks :)

Hi Toby,

I know the AE lads run them on the rear of the B44, but I've never really liked what rollbars do to the car so never really run them.

Sometimes a front rollbar can calm the car down a bit on super high grip tracks but it's generally not needed ;)

Rich

/tobys 08-06-2010 09:14 AM

cheers Rich - thanks for the info :thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001 08-06-2010 09:54 AM

I run the thin black one on the rear of my car when racing inside, it actually kept the back end in line funnily...

HTH

OneKiwi 29-07-2011 07:36 PM

Are the losi springs the same as the BJ4 ones?
I have switched my shocks to losi ones do I then go with the same as in the setups or do I have to change weights hights springs etc?

thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com