oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Turbo Optima Mid Special Shelfer & Runner (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122591)

DanB4 19-02-2013 03:44 PM

Turbo Optima Mid Special Shelfer & Runner
 
Hi friends,

Well I've finally gathered all the original and modified aftermarket parts I need to build:

A) My Turbo Optima Mid Special Shelf Queen and
B) My Turbo Optima Mid Special Runner

The pic below shows 2 donor cars (1 swb and 1 lwb) and a small selection of the parts I'm going to use, bodyshells and lots of the spares are still upstairs and I'm too lazy to lay them all out just now sorry!

The runner will have a lot of aftermarket bits on it and fibreglass chassis/upper deck. alloy outdrives, an aftermarket belt and idler gear and lazer front driveshafts.

One question, the wheels I have are different shades of yellow, the new in packet ones are bright almost fluoro yellow whereas the older ones which came with my Optima Pro are a darker yellow.....which ones came with the Turbo Mid Special originally?

Thanks, more to come soon.

Dan

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps8ee52b93.jpg

HKS_TRD 19-02-2013 04:02 PM

Looking forward to seeing these builds

The darker wheels are what originally came with the SP

Do you have the rears in the brighter yellow, I've only ever seen fronts

DanB4 19-02-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 747728)
Looking forward to seeing these builds

The darker wheels are what originally came with the SP

Do you have the rears in the brighter yellow, I've only ever seen fronts

No I only have 2 pairs of fronts in the brighter yellow mate - I intend to use the backs from some 3 piece Turbo Optima wheels to make the wider ones, hope it'll work, they'll be white on the hub side but ok for the runner.

So I'll use the darker yellows for the shelfer cheers Daniel.......I can't find the W5031 rear square block tyres though (hope I got the code correct).

Dan

HKS_TRD 19-02-2013 04:19 PM

Those rear tyres are awfully hard to find unfortunately

DanB4 19-02-2013 04:36 PM

Original 7 cell chassis and top deck removed already from the LWB donor car - these are from the original Kyosho TOMS conversion kit.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps66bf5cce.jpg

DanB4 19-02-2013 04:40 PM

Is it best to use the ball or gear diffs in the runner? I'm thinking gear....what do you reckon?

DanB4 19-02-2013 05:47 PM

Transmission is lovely and smooth.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps38dcf68a.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...psb52ca2ce.jpg

DanB4 19-02-2013 06:05 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps346bc608.jpg

DanB4 19-02-2013 07:02 PM

Doubled up shock mounts and andys front arms:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...psa6b9c4f2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps96974cb5.jpg

DanB4 19-02-2013 07:48 PM

That's all for today. Goodnight. ...more tomorrow unless Paula wants her dining table back!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...psa0aa72fa.jpg

DanB4 26-02-2013 02:13 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...psf5b6a625.jpg

sheriff 26-02-2013 06:21 PM

Looking good Dan, keep the pictures coming. Are you going to do the bodies box art??

Nick

rcdaft 26-02-2013 08:38 PM

I see you still have the table mate . Looking good , keep up the good work.

T

DanB4 27-02-2013 04:00 AM

Thanks guys. Yes both of them will be box art :D

DanB4 27-02-2013 08:59 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps4fe1a8e6.jpg

optiman 27-02-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB4 (Post 750864)

What a beauty!!!! The white fiberglass gives the TOMS a unique/clean look!!

DanB4 28-02-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optiman (Post 750949)
What a beauty!!!! The white fiberglass gives the TOMS a unique/clean look!!

Thanks!

I'm using PS55 Tamiya Flat Clear to get the matt black finish on the windows.

DanB4 28-02-2013 08:01 AM

I just noticed that on the box art pic of the Turbo Optima Mid Special the back half of the front wheel is white.....anyone else noticed before?

DanB4 28-02-2013 10:06 AM

The runner is 99% done....just needs rx esc and motor :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...psc6dcb876.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps58add6b4.jpg

DanB4 28-02-2013 10:51 AM

Strategically applied oOple decals to come

optiman 28-02-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB4 (Post 751047)
Strategically applied oOple decals to come

Looks very nice!!!

DanB4 28-02-2013 02:06 PM

I noticed on the side of the box that there's a Kyosho logo on the undertray so I had to make it so..

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps8a18fb7c.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps90adb09d.jpg

DanB4 04-03-2013 07:51 AM

Ready to rock

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps64ca71a4.jpg

Naushad 04-03-2013 09:26 AM

Another awesome build. Excellent.

keithrc 04-03-2013 10:39 AM

Looks awesome mate, well done! :) I'll have to do the body set for mine soon.


Keith ;)

HKS_TRD 04-03-2013 10:40 AM

Seeing yours makes me realise I need to pull the finger out and paint mine

I love the shot of the SP next to the SWB Turbo, I plan to build a Turbo exactly as per new specs, the other SWB Mids whilst being box art will not be exactly as per new kit and ditto the other two LWB Mids I have slated for my collection

Keep up the good work!

DanB4 04-03-2013 02:34 PM

Thanks lads :)

kek23k 05-03-2013 06:21 PM

Looks spot on, good work :D

DanB4 06-03-2013 09:41 AM

Thanks :)

Delivery from Marwan just arrived so there's soon to be a photo of the Carbon Fibre shelf queen too....and one of them together of course ;)

optiman 06-03-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB4 (Post 753096)
Thanks :)

Delivery from Marwan just arrived so there's soon to be a photo of the Carbon Fibre shelf queen too....and one of them together of course ;)

Ahhh.... pictures!!! DanB4, did you managed to get the W5031's?

DanB4 06-03-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optiman (Post 753119)
Ahhh.... pictures!!! DanB4, did you managed to get the W5031's?

Afraid not they're the only thing I need

DanB4 09-03-2013 04:05 PM

Greedy DanB4.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps18d7ed59.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps09b44c5c.jpg

DanB4 09-03-2013 04:07 PM

Rear W5031's en route courtesy of Optiman :)

Naushad 09-03-2013 04:19 PM

Greedy indeed...

Anyway you give me one now.

HKS_TRD 09-03-2013 04:27 PM

Love it! Did you consider the alternate sticker color for the runner?
Where does one get the Oople stickers from, I wouldn't mind one of those for one of my projects

DanB4 09-03-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 754252)
Love it! Did you consider the alternate sticker color for the runner?
Where does one get the Oople stickers from, I wouldn't mind one of those for one of my projects

I did consider the alternate colours scheme but preferred the close to box art colours.

I got the oople decals by PMing Vicki (Mrs oOple)

rcdaft 09-03-2013 09:05 PM

WELL DONE DAN AWESOME TWINS LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE:thumbsup:

optiman 09-03-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB4 (Post 754245)
Rear W5031's en route courtesy of Optimal :)

Dan I could not send the tires today, wifey gave me a broom and mop this morning, we have a party tonight!!! Totally forgot to tell you!!!
Ship on Monday morning it is, my word!!!

I see now the need for the rear's, you have W5032's. So Dan that means you have one runner TOMS, one shelfer queen TOMS and one NIB TOMS??!!! And I thought I was lucky to have one!!!!

DanB4 10-03-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcdaft (Post 754358)
WELL DONE DAN AWESOME TWINS LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE:thumbsup:

Cheers! The shelfer is a beauty underneath, lots of lovely carbon fibre from DT Racing products including the motor plate and wing stay! More pics to come when I get a sec.

Dan

DanB4 10-03-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optiman (Post 754389)
Dan I could not send the tires today, wifey gave me a broom and mop this morning, we have a party tonight!!! Totally forgot to tell you!!!
Ship on Monday morning it is, my word!!!

I see now the need for the rear's, you have W5032's. So Dan that means you have one runner TOMS, one shelfer queen TOMS and one NIB TOMS??!!! And I thought I was lucky to have one!!!!

No problem mate.

Yes 3 TOMS in total! Runner, Carbon Shelfer and a NIB :lol: I'm a total addict! A skint one....need to save up to buy anything else now!


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com