oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MRT RC4 news. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129702)

mark christopher 24-05-2013 08:39 AM

MRT RC4 news.
 
I have been granted permission to pass on this information .
MRT now have a pt that will work on ALL My laps systems. You can Have your existing personal number, also.
Myself and others have had these for a few months with very positive results.

Soon as more Information on upgrading your existing MRT pt's it will be posted here or on www.team-mrt.com
so in summary your current MRT. will work on mylaps up to rc3 the new version will work on ALL mylaps not just limit you to Rc4

mark christopher 24-05-2013 11:31 AM

more info
 
It's done as a trade in, send old transponder pay for
a new PTX (NS) transponder at a reduced price (-50%)
with the option to buy an extra one at half price.

Supplied transponders are on the original cloned ID
number or a matching ID number for non clones.

More info on site later

Dudders 24-05-2013 11:39 AM

Interesting news. Any idea on costs and also batch costs for club to p/x?

tomtom 24-05-2013 11:52 AM

:thumbsup:

john333 24-05-2013 02:18 PM

Best news I've heard all month!!

mark christopher 24-05-2013 02:21 PM

available now
 
They are available now, requesting an order number
and completing order form (send with transponders)
notifying ID numbers in advance helps to speed up
order processing and return of new transponders.

The order form and info via: [email protected]
or [email protected] for technical/support.

birdy 24-05-2013 02:22 PM

Ohh bet mr BBK is not happy.

bbkRob 24-05-2013 03:26 PM

On the contrary I'm delighted. "Great, just in time for Clubs to upgrade their old Decoders while the £400 upgrade is still available" is what I posted on the fb pages that Mark posted this on today. Don't hang about though. I have managed 2 extensions on the £400 upgrade and I'm not confident that I'll be able to get much more.

Robby 24-05-2013 04:01 PM

At this point in time, I'm not sure why anyone interested in a trade-in wouldn't take advantage of MyLaps' 60% off over MRT's 50% off.

Too little too late, IMHO. :yawn:
And just not worth the risk of being caught out again at some time in the future.

Dudders 24-05-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 776986)
They are available now, requesting an order number
and completing order form (send with transponders)
notifying ID numbers in advance helps to speed up
order processing and return of new transponders.

The order form and info via: [email protected]
or [email protected] for technical/support.


Mark,

Where's the pricing etc and details?

I need to pass this info onto my members so they have options.

Need full info please.

Neil

neallewis 24-05-2013 04:42 PM

Mark, can you order one with a Harry number cloned?

mark christopher 24-05-2013 06:02 PM

the pricing Is in on the order form you request as my previous post.
im not sure on the harry question i will ask

mark christopher 24-05-2013 06:03 PM

Rob (bbk) has been very fair, and also has a good offer going on rc4 upgrades

mark christopher 24-05-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robby (Post 777019)
At this point in time, I'm not sure why anyone interested in a trade-in wouldn't take advantage of MyLaps' 60% off over MRT's 50% off.

Too little too late, IMHO. :yawn:
And just not worth the risk of being caught out again at some time in the future.

easy
cloned number that works on ALL systems
replacable lead
and simple maths 60% of somthing thats say 25% dearer that the 50% sale item still makes it dearer!
FULL repair service
Oh and hardly caught out mrt still worked at 90% of clubs!

biggest thing is that there is now a choice for RC4, you can choose what you want to use and others can now choose what they want to use!

westie 24-05-2013 09:04 PM

Good news email sent :thumbsup:

Robby 24-05-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 777053)
Oh and hardly caught out mrt still worked at 90% of clubs!

:woot::lol:

TARTMAN 24-05-2013 09:29 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
 
some great news on this very touchy subject. :o

All's well in the PT world once again..............:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mark christopher 25-05-2013 08:04 AM

The prices are on the order form, which is available
from mrt on request.

The new hybrid type transponders is harry and purcy
currently cannot be cloned.

xtreme-rc 27-05-2013 12:09 PM

MRT RC4
 
hi
used ours for the first time on RC4 this week-end and had no problems at all.
xtreme

rc_penguin 27-05-2013 12:39 PM

Myself and 3 others also used ours this weekend on RC4 with no issues :)

AJ Roberts 27-05-2013 03:04 PM

How much are they?

Chequered Flag Racing 27-05-2013 03:58 PM

@ Mark C

did you use yours at the Summer Shoot Out event at Chesterfield?

if so it recorded some impressive lap times in the final allowing you to win ;) :D

mark christopher 27-05-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ Roberts (Post 777622)
How much are they?

To save repeating myself, the answer is in page one....

mark christopher 27-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing (Post 777638)
@ Mark C

did you use yours at the Summer Shoot Out event at Chesterfield?

if so it recorded some impressive lap times in the final allowing you to win ;) :D

Lol yup wait till you see it on rc4

orinoco 28-05-2013 08:31 AM

Wow, what's the big secret with the prices. What's wrong with someone who knows, telling us all the price instead of directing us to an email address and everyone having to email for a form and wait on a reply. I cant be bothered with all that polava, just as well I don't need any more PT's and am just nosy.

mark christopher 28-05-2013 09:42 AM

I know, but I'm happy to do as MRT asked me, so are others

Robby 28-05-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ Roberts (Post 777622)
How much are they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 777716)
To save repeating myself, the answer is in page one....

No it's not!
There's some vague reference to a discounted trade-in, that's less of a discount than MyLaps has offered, but no actual denotation of WHAT THE ACTUAL RETAIL PRICE IS. That's all people are wanting to know.

Why all the smoke & mirrors? :rolleyes:



IMHO this whole deal has been one big fubar by MRT in the eyes of the hobby.
Yes, MyLaps did a work around so the old MRTs wouldn't work with their decoder upgrade - but then nothing, no response, from MRT.
Not a single notation on their website to the fact that their product wasn't working, not a single mention that they were working on a fix, not a word that they valued their past customers, nothing - and even now, the only way anybody will know anything is through third-person coy messages on a discussion forum. For real?
And even now, still nothing on their website.
We're supposed to trust that?
Whoop-d-doo, MRT has finally figured out a workaround to MyLaps' workaround - how long is that going to work? Does anybody believe that MyLaps won't respond to that? Heck, I wouldn't doubt they have a time-stamped upgrade in the new decoder's software that'll kick in in a matter of months making the newest MRTs stop working again.
Here it's been months, with MyLaps offering a trade-in program for anyone holding one of the MRT clones at a 60% discount - it seems to me MRT has lost their customers and ruined their reputation. I don't know anyone that doesn't have a red transponder in their cars now, they couldn't afford to sit and wait 6 months and they've moved on as more and more clubs have purchased the RC4 decoder upgrades (or threatened too), and I don't know a single person that would trust a company with a shady reputation they brought on themselves by not being upfront and honest when the crap hit the rotary oscillator last year.

Why is it that everybody has talked about this in public - from AMB/MyLaps, to the clubs, to racers, to the ruling organizations - except MRT?

Dr_UpGrade 28-05-2013 04:20 PM

Why does it appear that some people are 'just' "haters" and not Lovers...??

It seems now (to me) that there are solutions and possibilities for everyone, to try to keep everyone 'happy'...

Job done, let those who want to go ahead and enquire...

'Peace':)

Getpip 28-05-2013 04:32 PM

It does all feel a bit "too little too late" :bored:

Dr_UpGrade 28-05-2013 04:41 PM

Who can say? 'perhaps' the work-around was kinda complex.. but at least now we are back to a bit more of a free market and differnet options are available and less of the (dangerous - in my opinion) monopoly...

Like I said, Peace, am not trying to stir this up again...

mark christopher 28-05-2013 06:56 PM

to the Positive guys/gals on here
i can say the retail price is less than the price of a rc4 hybrid even after mylaps discount.
If you trade an old unit in and get the bogof deal then its cheaper than a RC4 with Mylaps 60% discount.

those of you who are genuinly looking at taking up this offer im sure will follow the procedure, those who want to sit and be negative, can simply sit back and watch MRT users have cloned pt's that work on any system, and are fully servicable in the UK enjoying thier racing at a reduced cost!

Any genuine questions please ask, if i dont know ill do my best to get the answer to you asap

john333 28-05-2013 07:41 PM

Unaccustomed as I am to agreeing with mark Christopher lol, I think it's a great deal, and I'm soon to have 2 pt's which will work anywhere for a fine price. I also get to keep my memorable number. Very happy

tomtom 28-05-2013 10:02 PM

It's always nice to have options and I'm glad they offer an alternative.

I've start using MRT since I got back to racing and I like them, black, I can rework the wires to any length quite easily (this point was a seller for me).
I got a white RC4 and it worked but seems bigger, got a long wire I can't do nothing about it (no coming back once you reduce this one).

I really thought it was the end of the MRT so I'm really happy to have that choice too.

Adam F 28-05-2013 10:08 PM

I have no bias either way, so emailed MRT and got an email straight back explaining the trade in deals and the price for each PT (£49.50 plus post)

Even included a nice PDF order form... so no big secret :)

TARTMAN 28-05-2013 10:11 PM

Strange
 
They don't just have a simple online site to order them from.

A very slow complicated way to sell them.

I found the form rather confusing regarding trade ins, cloning etc.

But very glad they have sorted the newer version so it works with the later decoders...

Robby 29-05-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x313 (Post 778076)
I have no bias either way, so emailed MRT and got an email straight back explaining the trade in deals and the price for each PT (£49.50 plus post)

Even included a nice PDF order form... so no big secret :)

Well, that explains everything, no wonder they didn't want to tell the truth-
£49.50 for the knock-off
or
£54.74 for the real deal (mylaps)

For the extra £5.24 it's not worth the risk getting caught out again. :thumbsup:



(or, being as most clubs have switched or will switch eventually, get two RC4 transponders for the price of one £23.24) (http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/rc4-upgrades/183)

Si Coe 29-05-2013 06:44 AM

£49.50 is the price for a NEW MRT, whereas the trade in price for a Harry from BBK is £62. So you are comparing a discounted Mylaps vs a full price MRT.

As for getting a Purcy - No most clubs have not and indeed are not upgrading to RC4. There is simply no need as long as our RC3 systems keep working. Even if there had been zero compatibility issues (as was the case going RC2 to RC3) its still a lot of money to fix something that isn't really broken. The reason BBK keep extending the £400 upgrade offer is because as soon as that runs out no club will be upgrading until their RC3 system dies or their drivers can no longer source compatible transponders.
Even a decade from now I'd be very surprised if there aren't a few clubs running RC3 so a Purcy won't make sense for a long time, except as a handout at an RC4 club.

mark christopher 29-05-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robby (Post 778089)
Well, that explains everything, no wonder they didn't want to tell the truth-
£49.50 for the knock-off
or
£54.74 for the real deal (mylaps)

For the extra £5.24 it's not worth the risk getting caught out again. :thumbsup:



(or, being as most clubs have switched or will switch eventually, get two RC4 transponders for the price of one £23.24) (http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/rc4-upgrades/183)


As its the truth you want then maybe you should point out you have quoted my laps trade in prices, while the MRT price is an outright purchase price.
Like http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/rc...transponder/79 €89 = £76
Or http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/rc4-transponder/78. €79 = £67


Again not servicalbe, unable to replace wire by end user and unable to work on all systems with a cloned number
Not sure where in the world you are but definatly in the uk most clubs have not made the switch, see cols comprehensive list on oOple.

Moss Models 29-05-2013 11:19 AM

As far as I can see, if you trade in your old MRT you get two back for £49.50.

If I understand that right its a bargain. Less than £25 each!

mark christopher 29-05-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmount74 (Post 778191)
As far as I can see, if you trade in your old MRT you get two back for £49.50.

If I understand that right its a bargain. Less than £25 each!

or an AMB cloned to same number that works on ALL systems :thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com