oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Kyosho Lazer ZX-RR rebuild (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131506)

Naushad 22-06-2013 06:35 PM

Kyosho Lazer ZX-RR rebuild
 
My rebuild for a runner...

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps84aee995.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1c5b039e.jpg

More to come.

Crashtest33 22-06-2013 10:12 PM

Mmmm, LAW-12 :drool:
Don't wanna post it to me for measuring do you?!
I'll have it back next day recorded!
Love Nick

Welshy40 23-06-2013 11:24 AM

Nice anodising

Naushad 23-06-2013 12:04 PM

Cheers.

It's to a similar gold as my previous builds. I think the final result will look pleasant to the eyes.

Naushad 23-06-2013 03:06 PM

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps23ab9c31.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psc8cdcab8.jpg

Absolutely hate doing this bit...but important to get right!

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e4888a5.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7b309eb5.jpg


http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps324ae235.jpg

The famed hyper clutch..it fits together nicely. A nice piece of precision engineering.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8328653.jpg

Naushad 23-06-2013 09:15 PM

A little more progress.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2f2c82de.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psdc89ffda.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps00c67620.jpg

Naushad 24-06-2013 07:43 AM

Just before work!

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9b16f58.jpg

HKS_TRD 24-06-2013 08:11 AM

Awesome project. Where did you source the pivot block behind the front gearbox?

Naushad 24-06-2013 08:31 AM

Hey Dan.

Um..I believe that block came with the car...

I may have another few somewhere but not anodised...I'll have a look.

Crashtest33 24-06-2013 08:31 AM

Gold pivot blocks.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_TRD (Post 784586)
Awesome project. Where did you source the pivot block behind the front gearbox?

Hey pal.
I've got some if you want em? £10inc postage?
I'll get a pic for you tonight.
Nick

DanB4 24-06-2013 09:15 AM

I wonder if anyone has a new build ZX-RR here?

Naushad 24-06-2013 10:39 AM

Hmmm...I wonder

Welshy40 24-06-2013 10:49 AM

Nick if you have a few front pivot blocks that go behind the front gearbox that are old would you be up for selling one to me?

oli4ke 24-06-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtest33 (Post 784591)
Hey pal.
I've got some if you want em? £10inc postage?
I'll get a pic for you tonight.
Nick

Nick If you have a complete set for sale let me know mate!

HKS_TRD 24-06-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtest33 (Post 784591)
Hey pal.
I've got some if you want em? £10inc postage?
I'll get a pic for you tonight.
Nick

Thanks, send the pic on.
I gather these are vintage ones and not the Pargu ones

Crashtest33 24-06-2013 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just the 1 front set I'm afraid.
Highest bidder?!
Na, not that cruel.

Welshy40 24-06-2013 08:33 PM

Thats ok, first come first served. If anyone has a spare pivot block that sits behind the front gearbox let me know. Cheers.

HKS_TRD 24-06-2013 11:37 PM

Its OK I'm happy for James to get these
It was more rear ones that I needed, those ones in the pic look like the ones that came with my CF Tub actually

Welshy40 25-06-2013 05:39 AM

Nick pm me your paypal address. Cheers

Dan,

I will keep an eye out for you.

BORMAC 25-06-2013 05:44 AM

What a stellar build! So very nice. I watch with great enthusiasm.

Naushad 26-06-2013 07:15 PM

A little more progress...coming together nicely. Can't wait to install electrics.:drool:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1d43d5c7.jpg

Naushad 27-06-2013 07:24 PM

Arghhhh....forgot this bearing thingy between the pulleys!

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7b38da3a.jpg

So had to disassemble parts...

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps97eb9597.jpg

Ok....arms installed

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps812a1ae7.jpg

My powerhouse...

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psa4004236.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psc8a3cb47.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psd03fa681.jpg

isobarik 28-06-2013 08:46 AM

Looks awsome in gold....

mvh isobarik

Naushad 30-06-2013 03:01 PM

Prepped the body and undertray today. The undertray is a repro but the body is original. Came with the rig I bought and just needed a little clean. I think the decals look great.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps693ac91c.jpg

HKS_TRD 30-06-2013 03:39 PM

Looking great, I love the gold anodised theme

How well does the genuine body fit on the repro undtertray?

My yellow ZX-R MKII has a genuine body so I have treated it to a genuine wing and I have a spare undertray which is a repro, the body on the yellow car is mint but the undertray has seen some work so I was thinking of using the repro undertray on the yellow car and the body on my carbon tub where no undertray is needed

Naushad 30-06-2013 04:24 PM

I like the gold too! Makes it look more individual.

I found the TBG body a touch small for the original body.

However I won't let this deter me when I come to mount it onto the chassis. Given this car is intended to be a runner, I think I'll be able to get away with it by using some chunky Velcro and the body pin on the front end.

How you getting on with your builds Dan?

primesera 30-06-2013 05:37 PM

This is going to be awesome, great build bud

optiman 30-06-2013 11:06 PM

Nice build man!!!
The gold and black really looks awesome!!!
Check your inbox, PM sent ;)

HKS_TRD 30-06-2013 11:12 PM

I have some stuff being anodised at the moment then I can start my Lazer Tub car and the Mid though I still need to paint the SE and the TOMS, I've just been rather busy as of late, but not too busy to add two other projects to my list ....

Welshy40 01-07-2013 05:38 AM

Nice

Be warned the repro undertrays dont last long. They are really for shelf displays so would advise buying several and taping grp tape to the very front section and very rear to give more strength.

Naushad 01-07-2013 06:54 AM

Thanks for the advice James. I'll bear that in mind.

keithrc 01-07-2013 07:17 AM

Looking good Naushad :thumbsup: I look forward to when I start on my ZX-RR. I was wondering if the ZX-RR was meant have the extra "R" on the decals but looking at your body it seems not.


Keith ;)

Naushad 01-07-2013 07:23 AM

It's funny you say that Keith.

You'd woukd have thought so! But the box for the zx-rr just shows a zx-r and he decal sheet seems the same actually.

Maybe kyosho didn't think it warranted another?

Naushad 01-07-2013 08:01 AM

Wing now done. Looks nice and tidy!

I think I'll make some effort to finish the build later today.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3b6ffbb6.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psece7ac32.jpg

Naushad 01-07-2013 01:47 PM

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps97da6561.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psdda5190e.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psa64a3c33.jpg

Naushad 01-07-2013 08:10 PM

Finished at last! Hope you've enjoyed this thread.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4ad51afe.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...psc09d5ae3.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps96666cf8.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6c32fdd8.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6340d630.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4a529e07.jpg

Welshy40 01-07-2013 09:44 PM

Nice!!!

Whats the part number for the bearing you forgot to instal in the LA11?

Naushad 01-07-2013 09:51 PM

It's part of the hyper clutch set LAW-12. Part 197.

HKS_TRD 01-07-2013 10:58 PM

Looks stunning

Where did you get the wing from, I'm assuming its not the standard wing or am I wrong?

Naushad 01-07-2013 11:22 PM

No, this is the one piece zx-rr wing that came specifically with the kit.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com