oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Atomic Carbon (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Lipo S4 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13703)

matdodd 03-09-2008 07:24 PM

Lipo S4
 
4 Attachment(s)
Well it all fits just need some battery strap now :thumbsup:

sorry about the poor quality photos

ashleyb4 03-09-2008 07:28 PM

Looks cool to me will the speedo mount on the small piece of carbon fibre behind the spur gear?

A

matdodd 03-09-2008 07:39 PM

O yes & fits behind the front screen in the shell!

ashleyb4 03-09-2008 07:56 PM

Cool

A

James 03-09-2008 08:02 PM

is it prepped for worksop by any chance :D

OldTimer 03-09-2008 08:13 PM

Are there any bits of my car leftover :woot:

It looks spot on :thumbsup: and with the b44 slipper in there, will increase the reliability of drive train as well.

matdodd 03-09-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smOkin (Post 156140)
is it prepped for worksop by any chance :D


:D might be!

matdodd 03-09-2008 08:54 PM

[quote=OldTimer;156142]Are there any bits of my car leftover :woot:
quote]

:eh?: Not much is just a pile of bits at the min! :blush:

losixxx 03-09-2008 09:06 PM

you ready for s4lipo 2 over the winter m8;):thumbsup:

matdodd 03-09-2008 09:07 PM

If it all works ok Ill see what I can do :D

Benh 04-09-2008 02:13 PM

I went an ordered Maxamps because of the Trakpower dimensions listed on their website. After seeing the above, I managed to find someone with Trakpower saddles and measured them. They are not 47mm as stated on the website, they are a nanometer above 45mm. Which....is the exact distance you need to squeeze the above in with a B44 shaft. :eh?:

I would rather not change the whole drive section to a B44. It's not so much cost, but I haven't had any problems with a BJ4 one, and if I am really honest - downright laziness.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on extending the "thinner" B44 drive to save switching the whole drive shaft assembly to a B44 one?

or....Maybe know someone that will make a bespoke one, perhaps extend the cups somehow? For us lazy people, we would spend about £30-£40 just to save on the hassle:thumbsup:

rcracer 04-09-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matdodd (Post 156124)
Well it all fits just need some battery strap now :thumbsup:

sorry about the poor quality photos

Nice one mat :thumbsup:

Thomas P 04-09-2008 04:21 PM

Looks ACE...Hmm, maybe i have to order a new S4 car :D..and CNC off the bat slot on that one :D..i do have aBJ4WE just on my table :D

matdodd 04-09-2008 09:18 PM

New shafts are an option im sure mip could make some although I have someone else in mind to ;) ultamitly I want to use the B44 slipper unit & get some new prop shafts made! I just wanted to make sure it all works first!

paul01ews 04-09-2008 09:23 PM

Ben, mine works fine just waiting for the lipo's to get here and i will get them fitted.
The B44 slipper works well, and if need be i could get that fitted for you as mine only took me 2 or 3 hours.
Paul.:thumbsup:

CharlieF 05-09-2008 12:55 PM

Hi Mat.
Are you going to be at F3/4/5's? if so please bring it along for a look see.

matdodd 05-09-2008 06:23 PM

yes mate ill be there :)

Garry Driffill 05-10-2008 04:38 PM

What are the Part Numbers for this mod?

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_in...oducts_id=5034

Would this be all i would need?

Garry Driffill 05-10-2008 10:06 PM

:eh?: Anyone ?

Garry Driffill 05-10-2008 10:57 PM

Sorted :o:woot:;):D:p

cpatel529 10-10-2008 07:40 PM

Anyone have any more pics of a lipo in the S4 w/ all the electronics mounted? I will be running a brushless ESC w/ fan.

Chirag

matdodd 12-10-2008 06:38 PM

If your going to run a speedo with fan you will find it difficult to fit it in, a LRP speedo with no fan just fits under the shell!

Thomas P 25-10-2008 04:42 AM

Matt, may i ask, can you please post some pics with track powa mounted,esc and motor + Rx ?..im thinking of buying some sadles..are 3200 a must or do the bigger ones fit ? can 3200 last for 5 min ? in my Ess4

matdodd 25-10-2008 08:21 PM

Hi Thomas sorry I dont have any more photos :( The cars been put back to nims spec now as the b44 parts were JC's

The speedo fits on top of the plate by the spur & the shell fits with some space to spare!
The car ran spot on & I had no problems with the lipos moving etc!

Thomas P 26-10-2008 06:24 AM

Thanks you Matt, then i know :)

Garry Driffill 26-10-2008 05:47 PM

Thomas,

Here's a picture of mine with NIMH cells in. I checked out the dimentions of the Trackpower 3200's on there site and musured it all and there is room for them how ive done mine. As you can see ive got the B44 slipper and centre CVD's in too - but im using the J-Concepts centre mounts that have been modified to sit the bearing housings for the B44 slipper shafts.

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture....&pictureid=822

I run it with NIMH cells in and held the Cell's in using BJ4WE straps..

Thomas P 26-10-2008 08:19 PM

Thanks Garry :)

Irri Tant 13-12-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Driffill (Post 172151)

Here's a picture of mine with NIMH cells in...

I know my eye sight's bad but I can't see it :o

rcracer 13-12-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irri Tant (Post 186766)
I know my eye sight's bad but I can't see it :o

He will have removed the picture from his album so it isnt showing

Irri Tant 15-01-2009 08:50 PM

lipo's fit in the chassis but there rubbing on the output cups on both ends of the shaft :mad:

any mods I can do so they don't touch?

Garry Driffill 15-01-2009 09:37 PM

You need B44 centre CVD's and input shafts into the diff for front and rear that the pinion gear sits on

Aswell as all of the centre parts from the B44 like motor mount, 2 slipper hubs, slipper unit and bearings..

The mod cost me around £50 WITHOUT the centre motor mount.

Irri Tant 20-01-2009 01:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Driffill (Post 197478)
You need B44 centre CVD's and input shafts into the diff for front and rear that the pinion gear sits on

All ready installed, but it's still as tight as ducks arse in the chassis

Garry Driffill 20-01-2009 02:42 PM

That looks very tight, Maybe dremal the drive cups ever so slightly as that may give a little more room...

I mesured it all up using a set of vernier calipers using the dimentions of the Trakpower 3200's and seemed to look like it wouldnt touch anwere.

Maybe Matt Dodd, Chris Doughty or JC could give you some pointers?

Mike Hudson 20-01-2009 02:46 PM

maybe dremel the walls of the chassis abit so there abit more room between the driveshaft ends and the lipo...?

OldTimer 20-01-2009 06:04 PM

You need to cut around 2-3mm of the plastic drive cup, if you look the driveshaft goes into the cup a long way ;)

Also you should have around 0.25 to 0.5mm gap between the lipos and the prop shaft so plenty of room, also if it does rub a tad its not a problem as it will just wear a little of the plastic casing.

derek5 05-02-2009 02:27 AM

Hi matdodd,
my name is derek, from hong kong, new in S4.
Jonathan told me that you have great experience about using lipo in S4.
mine is BJ4 conversion kit, can you tell me which part i need to change and buy for fit in the lipo saddle, if you can, please give me the parts no. also, many thanks!

Cheers,
Derek

matdodd 05-02-2009 12:25 PM

Hi Derek

I don't know the part numbers as it was a loaned B44 (JC's :D)
I used to convert my S4. Its quite simple though ;) all you need to do is remove the center slipper unit & alloy housings complete from the S4 and fit the complete center unit from the B44.
When you fit the B44 unit, fit it with the slipper adjuster to the rear & re-drill the chassis to match up with the holes in the alloy housing.
Bolt it all down the replace the front & rear props with the B44 ones but put the front B44 shaft in the rear & the rear one in the front.
When the rear shaft is in the slipper unit dremel as much material as possible from the black plastic input cup (this gives you the clearance for the end of you Lipos!
Then all you need to do is fit some battery straps and your done, I used Track power 4800 lipos & it is tight but I had no problems when I ran it with the cells moving or hitting the shaft.

Hope that helps Mat

derek5 05-02-2009 03:51 PM

hi matdodd,
understand! thanks for your help!:thumbsup:

kbenni 14-02-2009 11:30 PM

re
 
Hello
I want buy s4 or s44 but i want it with lipo
is it possible to mod?
som more fotos? and what lipo? or size?

THX

Benni

derek5 02-03-2009 04:21 PM

Hi,
anyone try to use LRP VTEC LIPO 5100 28C saddle pack battery pack
in S4 (bj4 conversion kit)? it seems the width and height are smaller than trakpower one.
and will prevent to touch the rear centre CVD, right? thanks!



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com