oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team C Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   TM4 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145588)

hotrodchris 16-02-2014 08:15 PM

TM4
 
Ran the TM4 for the first time today at Maritime, what an awesome bit of kit, so easy to drive straight out of the box!:thumbsup:

AmiSMB 17-02-2014 09:55 AM

Have to agree there. Am looking forward at getting it out doors to see how it performs.

Lee24h 18-02-2014 08:47 PM

The front and rear ends look very much like the xb4

AmiSMB 18-02-2014 09:04 PM

There are ideas from the XB4 in there as well as the Durango and AE B44. The wishbones are the biggest I have seen on a 10th scale car.

B0tt0mline 18-02-2014 10:14 PM

So how does the car perform?

AmiSMB 18-02-2014 10:42 PM

Me and three others who had driven Durango DEX410 and XRAY XB4 were very impressed with the kit straight out of the box. I am sure with more races under our belts and playing with setups we can the really see what we can get out of them but as I so so far initial impressions are very good. I had my XB4 standing by just in case but felt I did not need it. I am looking forward to doing more races and seeing how it performs outdoors. Trouble is I hope the weather gets better for that!

hotrodchris 19-02-2014 07:33 AM

Personally unlike many cars when you put the power down on a slippery surface the back end tries to break away, with the TM4 you didn't get this it drove straight out of the corner, the track layout didn't have any large jumps to really see how the car behaved in the air, but like Grant can't wait to get the car outdoors on a greassy Astro track and see how it performs under those conditions.:thumbsup:
But with a first outing and box plus guess work setup, couldn't have asked for any more, especially as I do not race very often indoors, was very impressed with the car.:thumbsup:

B0tt0mline 19-02-2014 07:59 AM

How does it peform compared to the Losi 22-4?:woot:

Thanks

dMITIj 19-02-2014 09:07 AM

Could ppl put up some pictures? :)

hotrodchris 19-02-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B0tt0mline (Post 839177)
How does it peform compared to the Losi 22-4?:woot:

Thanks

Not having run the Losi 22-4 I couodn't comment, but with the different abilities of the 3 drivers using them on Sunday at Maritine and all of them being the first run ever with the build only being completed earlier that week, I would say they performed very well?:thumbsup:

mjbtaco 19-02-2014 01:03 PM

here are some pictures of my TM4 and my setup for outdoor clay tracks. It is extremely easy to drive this car hard. Very planted and tons of steering!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...55078905_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...68685945_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...94304945_n.jpg

AmiSMB 20-02-2014 11:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is some pictures of mine along with the setup sheet from the weekend.

marcel 21-02-2014 10:29 PM

How dith you get your 19mm ride hight at the rear?

B0tt0mline 22-02-2014 10:49 AM

Any more news on the performance of the car?

How stiff is the car?

hotrodchris 22-02-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel (Post 839873)
How dith you get your 19mm ride hight at the rear?

We were all 3 running 19mm by adjusting shock oils

hotrodchris 22-02-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B0tt0mline (Post 839932)
Any more news on the performance of the car?

How stiff is the car?

Will No more tomorrow after running outdoors on astro but they looked and felt good without any noticeable lift of a rear wheel on high speed conering

marcel 22-02-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodchris (Post 839949)
We were all 3 running 19mm by adjusting shock oils

19mm by adjusting oil?
Please explane more about that:)

hotrodchris 22-02-2014 07:24 PM

Lower the weight and the car sits lower but still rides well I ran 40 front and 30 rear with standard kit pistols

B0tt0mline 26-02-2014 07:13 AM

any more news on the tm4?
experiences? :drool:

AmiSMB 26-02-2014 09:02 AM

Will be able to let you know more after I race again on Sunday outdoors on Astro which will probably be damp to start and then go dry.
With the rear springs being so long all I did was to have no spring preload at all so the adjusters were at the top of the shock. This meant that the car was around 19mm which was fine. Changing the oil does not really change the ride height. I would expect that if you put more rebound when you refill the shocks then that will change the ride height. I run with hardly any rebound in my shocks. I will be starting with 32.5 Losi in the front shocks and 27.5 losi oil in the rear on the kit pistons and standard springs. The flex can be altered like on the TM2 by cutting a slot in the upper rear top deck.

fastinfastout 26-02-2014 01:14 PM

have you guys come from the T4 v2/v3 as for comparison?

marcel 26-02-2014 06:34 PM

Way more steering and smaller turning circle
Easy to drive and more durable more easy to wrench on.
Nicer to see .
So allll great:)
T4 v2/3 is still a great car but tm4 is a whole other ballpark:)

hotrodchris 26-02-2014 09:08 PM

Ran mine on astro last Sunday with no changes except the ride height and the car was superb,really predictable, possibly a little bit loose on the back but very drivable, with it being a very quick turn around between heats didn't really get a chance to try many changes,but all in all very impressed and can only look forward to the next run and more time to adjust the setup.:thumbsup:

hotrodchris 26-02-2014 09:11 PM

Sorry should have added that started on ballistic greens track dried very quickly so changed to Schumacher yellows, loads of steering even had to trim spikes off as had superb grip and steering.

B0tt0mline 27-02-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodchris (Post 841248)
Ran mine on astro last Sunday with no changes except the ride height and the car was superb,really predictable, possibly a little bit loose on the back but very drivable, with it being a very quick turn around between heats didn't really get a chance to try many changes,but all in all very impressed and can only look forward to the next run and more time to adjust the setup.:thumbsup:

How does it feel compared to your XB4?

hotrodchris 27-02-2014 11:26 AM

A lot better, the back is alot tighter and i thought that the XB4 was predictable and easy to drive the TM4 has gone at least 1 stage further and as yet only 2 runs in have not tried to do any set up changes.:thumbsup:

At Maritine I ran both cars and with the TM4 i could bring the power in on the slippery sections whereas with the XB4 if i did the back end was stepping out on me?:o

fastinfastout 27-02-2014 01:17 PM

wheels that fit
 
so this car runs 14mm hexs?

I'm sure my durango 210 runs the same size hex on the rear.

not sure about durango 410 fronts, whether they are 14mm as well...:confused:

has anyone run durango rims on their TM4? How is the track width, if any difference?

reason I ask is, I ordered a TM4 but not any rims, as I was in a hurry to order and got the last one at this particular shop in HK.

not sure why teamc went with 14mm hex's. I assume if I put the hex's from my T4 V2 that I can use AKA, kyosho, jconcepts and AE rims.

hotrodchris 27-02-2014 01:29 PM

I have been running XRay wheels without an issue, I believe you have to open the thread hole in the durango wheels up slightly for them to fit but believe that there is no issue with track width.

AmiSMB 27-02-2014 03:16 PM

I have re used my Durango wheels from the 410 to use on my TM4 and they are fine. I got some of the Team C hexes TU0440R to put onto my TM2 so can now run 14mm hex rims on the rear of that as well.

DragonRider 01-03-2014 01:11 PM

What oils are people running in the diffs. (Damp early morning to drying out dry Astro in the afternoon TORCH manily)

Looking at heading back to TORCH in the very near future, Cars on order just need a little guidence as to what oils to purchase before the cars get built.

Cheers

Mark & Wesley

hotrodchris 01-03-2014 01:31 PM

7000 Front 3000 Rear:thumbsup:

Smartalec 01-03-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonRider (Post 841986)
What oils are people running in the diffs. (Damp early morning to drying out dry Astro in the afternoon TORCH manily)

Looking at heading back to TORCH in the very near future, Cars on order just need a little guidence as to what oils to purchase before the cars get built.

Cheers

Mark & Wesley

Try 10,000 all round ;0)

DragonRider 01-03-2014 05:21 PM

Thanks for the info Chris & Alec very much appreciated.

Just as an extra ask, what about shock oils for front and rear. I have core RC cst oils and Losi wt oils, which is better and what should I start with.

My car will be running a 6.5 and my sons will be a 8.5.

Thanks in advance.

Mark & Wesley

AmiSMB 01-03-2014 09:45 PM

I am running 7k front 3k rear in the diffs and am going 30 losi front and 25 losi rear for the shocks. Will let you know after tomorrow how it goes.

hotrodchris 02-03-2014 12:18 PM

I've got standard pistons in the shocks and running 40Front and 35rear, ran nicely at Torch last weekend:thumbsup:

Chalkie 14-03-2014 09:51 AM

Looks like the center diff will be with us soon

TM4 Center Gear Diff
http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.p...12&fromuid=431

Hofvander 23-03-2014 07:46 AM

How much does it weigh race ready without any additional weight?

jpmatrix 15-04-2014 07:37 AM

So how are people getting on with their Tm4?
Any reliability issues as I have read that the kit crown and pinion gear in the diff have failed on occasion.

hotrodchris 15-04-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hofvander (Post 847140)
How much does it weigh race ready without any additional weight?

The TM4 was running with no extra weight at the Kiddy Nat this weekend at around the 1580 mark i believe so no issues with being under weight.

hotrodchris 15-04-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmatrix (Post 851974)
So how are people getting on with their Tm4?
Any reliability issues as I have read that the kit crown and pinion gear in the diff have failed on occasion.

The car had issues with some crown gears occasionally going but apart from that is very robust and crash friendly!:thumbsup:
(Have probably justed tempted fate now?)
It is also an awesome drive straight from the box would thouroughly recommend it!:thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com