oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2 row studs are back (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150993)

mark christopher 15-05-2014 01:28 PM

2 row studs are back
 
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...b&e=2852154bae

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/u6797_w.jpg




U6797 - Stud 2 Row Front - Yellow (pr)

Stud 2 Row Front - Yellow (pr)
Demands in Off Road racing are changing! With greater speeds, traction and differing weight distributions from old, drivers are demanding a different tyre set up.
With this in mind we have brought back the 2 x 20 stud tyre in yellow compound.
Suitable for 4WD front and 2WD medium front this tyre sits in between the Mini Spike and Stagger tyres in terms of front traction, further enabling fine tuning of the handling charactoristics.
Suitable for grass and astro surfaces.
We recommend using the #U6733 Medium Front Insert

chrispattinson 15-05-2014 02:03 PM

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Commercially available :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

StwBald 15-05-2014 02:07 PM

let the mas-debate...begin

vrooom 15-05-2014 02:40 PM

damn, you could loose your eye (or finger) on that tyre! lol

AfroP 15-05-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StwBald (Post 857666)
let the mas-debate...begin

nothing to debate.

Commercially available so usable at any brca sanctioned event

K-Brewer 15-05-2014 03:00 PM

well well lol though schumacher wasnt bringing them back?

grovenik 15-05-2014 03:01 PM

I've got to get some of these, takes me back to my youth 😃

pugs 15-05-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Brewer (Post 857681)
well well lol though schumacher wasnt bringing them back?

these are yellow though...not green;)

neallewis 15-05-2014 03:10 PM

Are they commercially available in Green compound?

If not, then it means the old ones we have can not be used, but new ones in Yellow can.

I've got greens, but not got yellows. Also, are they available retail for this weekend (crucial to be allowed at this coming weekend NE regional).

chrispattinson 15-05-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 857685)
Are they commercially available in Green compound?

The release is yellow compound only, suitable for dry grass / astro.

AfroP 15-05-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 857685)
are they available retail for this weekend (crucial to be allowed at this coming weekend NE regional).

yes they are

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Produc...rts/u6797.html

neallewis 15-05-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroP (Post 857690)

Good luck (anyone) getting them for Saturday though...

luniemiester 15-05-2014 03:25 PM

I've just re read this oople report which dealt with a similar Schumacher tyre that had just been released but as it was deemed not to be easily available from model shops (I.e not commercially available) -Paul worsley and the committee decreed they couldn't be used. I wouldn't class them as easily available from Schumacher where tomorrow is Friday and no guarantee you will get them before Saturday/Sunday

So far I haven't found any in stock at the 2 shops I use which I know have a good turnover of tyres so it might require a clarification from your rep before you use them

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2011national-rhr/

neallewis 15-05-2014 03:32 PM

I'm off to MB models tonight after work. If they don't have them or can't get them for Friday/Saturday, then you can hardly consider the tyres commercially available for everyone in time for this weekend's regional.

mark christopher 15-05-2014 03:38 PM

If you ordered as I did when they were released they they would be like mine, in the post and dekiveredfor tomorrow

Neil you must have some yellow paint

chrispattinson 15-05-2014 03:38 PM

I'd imagine commercially available is satisfied by being available to buy to millions of people online on Thursday (plenty time to get them delivered) for a sunday race. .... I'd imagine just because joe blogs hobby shop hasn't got them in at the bottom of my street doesn't render them unavailable commercially.

fidspeed 15-05-2014 03:40 PM

Mid east region rules , shuey or BB spikes on driven axle so should we take it you cant use them on the front on a 4wd ? that is of course when there commercially available

only ever having been to one regional were new at this

dave n mitch fid

neallewis 15-05-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 857694)
If you ordered as I did when they were released they they would be like mine, in the post and dekiveredfor tomorrow

Neil you must have some yellow paint

mine will be with me tomorrow... :thumbsup:

Gayo 15-05-2014 03:47 PM

Now where are the T679 and T681? :woot:

paulj 15-05-2014 03:48 PM

Not sure how you can claim commercially available for these when Schumacher show them as out of stock as of 4.47pm today!

neallewis 15-05-2014 03:55 PM

Schumacher must have had a rush on...

MB models have them on order also, so some may turn up there on tomorrow's delivery.

Danny Harrison 15-05-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispattinson (Post 857695)
I'd imagine commercially available is satisfied by being available to buy to millions of people online on Thursday (plenty time to get them delivered) for a sunday race. .... I'd imagine just because joe blogs hobby shop hasn't got them in at the bottom of my street doesn't render them unavailable commercially.

Pmsl. Some dodgy timing. Yellows are now commercially available, albeit 2 days before the regional.

Question is are we allowing them now? Is this time enough?

Id say no and i have some sorted ;). Gotta be fair imo. Doubt everyone can get em intime.

Make sure you dont use old green versions you sneaky northerners ;)

Race is saturday btw. Gives around 40 hours give or take from official release till first round of practice. Much too short.

dpackster1980 15-05-2014 04:09 PM

In my view I'd say that they're not commercially available. I remember Schumacher silvers were banded at a National when they were released.
  • They were released not long before the event in limited numbers so not everyone had time to stock them or were out of stock before they could.
  • At the event no one could source them.
  • BRCA chosen to ban them for that certain event in light of the above.

Anyone beats me at this weekends North East Regional with them on I'll be protesting it. :woot:

I'm not joking neither.:woot:

fidspeed 15-05-2014 04:18 PM

have to agree with danny and the packmeister i would think its too late for your regional in the NE
to be fair to everyone

im not in NE region but its a fair indicator for others to watch

regards dave fid

Danny Harrison 15-05-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpackster1980 (Post 857709)
In my view I'd say that they're not commercially available. I remember Schumacher silvers were banded at a National when they were released.
  • They were released not long before the event in limited numbers so not everyone had time to stock them or were out of stock before they could.
  • At the event no one could source them.
  • BRCA chosen to ban them for that certain event in light of the above.

Anyone beats me at this weekends North East Regional with them on I'll be protesting it. :woot:

I'm not joking neither.:woot:

I fully agree, ive ensured i have them incase, and will use them if our brca rep is allowing it, but i dont think its fair with the short lead in time. Only way i could get em was by ups next day. There now out of stock so anyone who was at work now likely wont get them intime either.

luniemiester 15-05-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 857696)
Mid east region rules , shuey or BB spikes on driven axle so should we take it you cant use them on the front on a 4wd ? that is of course when there commercially available

only ever having been to one regional were new at this

dave n mitch fid

The rules for Mid East are clear so unless they agree to add them to the 2014 list they are not permitted for 4wd but 2wd are allowed as there is no control.

Tyre Rule:

The following tyre list will be eligible for 2014 mid east regional series in any compound.
Schumacher Mini Spike. Ballistic Buggy Spikes.
Tyre restrictions only apply to the driven axle
Any reasonably priced tyre that becomes available may be added during the season and if the availability of any tyre on the list is not considered acceptable they may be removed.

Shifta 15-05-2014 05:53 PM

I agree silvers weren't allowed to be used at a national event, but there was 120 people there all potentially wanting that tyre and not enough tyres to go around at the event!
So if there is enough stock to meet demand then this must satisfy the "commercially available" rule..

mark christopher 15-05-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulj (Post 857702)
Not sure how you can claim commercially available for these when Schumacher show them as out of stock as of 4.47pm today!

I'm sure the wording on comercial availability is in the rules, something like sufficient quantities, if Schumacher have sold out they are still classed as comercially available, same as you will be able to buy them from shops who got their orders in, Schumacher are now out of stock, not comecially unavailable.
Quote:

Originally Posted by luniemiester (Post 857718)
The rules for Mid East are clear so unless they agree to add them to the 2014 list they are not permitted for 4wd but 2wd are allowed as there is no control.

Tyre Rule:

The following tyre list will be eligible for 2014 mid east regional series in any compound.
Schumacher Mini Spike. Ballistic Buggy Spikes.
Tyre restrictions only apply to the driven axle
Any reasonably priced tyre that becomes available may be added during the season and if the availability of any tyre on the list is not considered acceptable they may be removed.


So you can not even run staggers on the front of 4 wheel drive?

Thankfully I'm at the oOPle serries round 2 where they don't ban tyres....And you run what you want with no hassle, hoping to do the me regional so I'll run what's allowed no problem

mark christopher 15-05-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpackster1980 (Post 857709)
In my view I'd say that they're not commercially available. I remember Schumacher silvers were banded at a National when they were released.
  • They were released not long before the event in limited numbers so not everyone had time to stock them or were out of stock before they could.
  • At the event no one could source them.
  • BRCA chosen to ban them for that certain event in light of the above.

Anyone beats me at this weekends North East Regional with them on I'll be protesting it. :woot:

I'm not joking neither.:woot:

So suprised!! Some one missed the boat?

It's toy cars not dummy spitting

dpackster1980 15-05-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 857733)
So suprised!! Some one missed the boat?

It's toy cars not dummy spitting

I know Mark, that's why I'm in Spain getting a tan and missing the 4wd on the Saturday. :woot:

mark christopher 15-05-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpackster1980 (Post 857735)
I know Mark, that's why I'm in Spain getting a tan and missing the 4wd on the Saturday. :woot:

so you missed the boat and got the plane! lucky bugger :D

neallewis 15-05-2014 08:53 PM

MB models will have stock in Friday. You can order now: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...yellow-pr.html

My guess is they will sell out fast.

ned 15-05-2014 09:32 PM

The Mid East ruling is an oversight on my part of not updating an old rule. The rule should state the rear axle not driven axle and so any commercially available tyre can be run on the front.

Being able to run staggers on a 4wd helps on high grip. Everyone enjoys racing a lot more if the car isn't trying to throw itself off the track every lap and so we wouldn't want to ban them.

I will amend the rule now to save any doubt before RHR next week and bring it in line with the BRCA national rules.

As for 2 row studs we will decide next week but assuming they are not sold out everywhere we will allow them.

Sorry for any confusion

Nathan

mark christopher 15-05-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ned (Post 857765)
The Mid East ruling is an oversight on my part of not updating an old rule. The rule should state the rear axle not driven axle and so any commercially available tyre can be run on the front.

Being able to run staggers on a 4wd helps on high grip. Everyone enjoys racing a lot more if the car isn't trying to throw itself off the track every lap and so we wouldn't want to ban them.

I will amend the rule now to save any doubt before RHR next week and bring it in line with the BRCA national rules.

As for 2 row studs we will decide next week but assuming they are not sold out everywhere we will allow them.

Sorry for any confusion

Nathan

:thumbsup:

DCM 15-05-2014 09:53 PM

Well, as I have been told, numerous times, regionals must be run to the BRCA rules, so whatever is in the handbook goes.....

Not at oOple on the weekend though!! :thumbsup:

mark christopher 15-05-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 857769)
Well, as I have been told, numerous times, regionals must be run to the BRCA rules, so whatever is in the handbook goes.....

Not at oOple on the weekend though!! :thumbsup:

Dug out the rule, it states new tyres, now to me these are not new? They are a rerelease?
So an old mould for tyres, yellow compound, Originally produced a long time ago.

3.7 ‘Commercially Available’ - Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th Off-Road Sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.

New versions of tyres/compounds or tyres that have not been produced within an acceptable time, as deemed by Section officials, that are therefore not easily available to all competitors may be disallowed.

Mike2222 16-05-2014 08:50 AM

The rule suggests that the decision to use them has to be made by 'Section Officials' ie members of the 1/10th offroad committee. Not this forum.
Call to PW anyone?

Northy 16-05-2014 09:16 AM

Just let Kash make the call, he's not retarded.

G

RogerM 16-05-2014 11:41 AM

Are you guys considering them for the front of a 4wd?

I can't think of a single situation where I'd want them on a 2wd personally.

Col 16-05-2014 05:13 PM

Applicable to N/E only

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151028


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com