oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RC10 LCG (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170302)

MHeadling 01-08-2015 01:08 PM

RC10 LCG
 
New project starts here!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...2A28DDFDAE.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...2C73C3B8CE.jpg

Welshy40 01-08-2015 03:45 PM

Is that a b5m gearbox?

ralphee 01-08-2015 04:03 PM

YZ2, looks interesting too, would love to try this in the TRF!

xfactor 01-08-2015 06:45 PM

Looks excellent and well thought. I raced my RC10 today on grass be it !! and the rear traction this buggy has is unbelievable. It also rotates very quickly and has excellent turn in. I think this could be a very good move Marko.......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Where will you be running it indoors ??

MHeadling 01-08-2015 09:29 PM

Cheers Mark, yes looks right at home in the old RC10!

It'll be on carpet at Maritime raceway, I'll get some video of it in action once it's completed

I need a chassis nose for it if anyone has a spare??

MHeadling 06-08-2015 08:04 PM

It's all bolted in now, the chassis has gone off for powder coating, next update in 2 weeks

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...228DC55C03.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...343F3D1D1B.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...0AD9E65906.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...281EC03608.jpg

xfactor 06-08-2015 08:09 PM

RC10 LCG
 
Cant wait to see this finished.......:thumbsup:

noddy 06-08-2015 09:44 PM

Nice work Mark be very interested to see how it compares to a modern car on track, if it works and i hope it does will be interesting to thr look on other faces when it over takes them lol

OptimaFan 12-08-2015 03:13 PM

Nice, looks like this conversion is done with attention to detail.

MHeadling 25-08-2015 12:42 PM

Now my Cougar is completed decided to crack on with the RC10

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...D401E6DA25.jpg

Just waiting on some parts to come in from LHS to get it to a roller

xfactor 25-08-2015 02:20 PM

Be good to see this finished matey,, and how it performs........:thumbsup:

MHeadling 03-09-2015 08:58 PM

Bit more progress, thanks to xfactor for helping out with some parts for the build

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...D985E30D1C.jpg

xfactor 03-09-2015 09:19 PM

:drool: Holy Cow Zebra Batman :drool:

That look awesome Marko. Awesome !!!!!

xfactor 23-09-2015 08:30 PM

Any up dates Marko. Have you run it yet matey..

MHeadling 24-09-2015 07:59 AM

Got a little bit done on it since the last photo, front end is complete now, just waiting on some bits from the U.S. and need some B4.1 driveshafts and we are about there then

Shouldn't be too long now till its maiden run

MHeadling 24-09-2015 11:01 AM

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...26B109BE73.jpg

OptimaFan 25-09-2015 07:18 PM

Looks nice, with that contrast between black and white.

MHeadling 13-11-2015 02:07 PM

Well after being busy on other projects and finishing race bikes I decided to make some progress on the car, it's pretty much ready for the gearbox install now

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...D1DF728E3A.jpg

xfactor 13-11-2015 02:12 PM

Looks awesome Marko. I bet it will be awesome and surprise a few at the track. Be very interesting to see how it goes. Will you be running it Marko.

Ben The Bike 13-11-2015 02:19 PM

Looking good mate.
Does the b5m gearbox need any modding to make it work, or will it drop in fairly easily?

MHeadling 13-11-2015 02:22 PM

Yes it'll be raced, I'll get some video of it running in the next couple of weeks

It's a Yokomo yz2 gearbox in the car, you need some careful measurements and to trim the chassis to clear the slipper
Not looked at a B5 gearbox but should be a fairly similar process

ste_lazzaro 13-11-2015 08:54 PM

Nice project, but..
What category will you race this car in?
It's not a vintage any more..

MHeadling 13-11-2015 09:46 PM

I'll just race it against the modern stuff, it won't be my full time race car, just a fun project and something different to do to a RC10

Ben The Bike 14-11-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHeadling (Post 931885)
Yes it'll be raced, I'll get some video of it running in the next couple of weeks

It's a Yokomo yz2 gearbox in the car, you need some careful measurements and to trim the chassis to clear the slipper
Not looked at a B5 gearbox but should be a fairly similar process

Thanks mate, I'm thinking of trying something like this, the 6 gear tranny in my rere rc10 eats spurs like nobody's business

Peakey 14-11-2015 03:33 PM

I'm shocked no one bought this I was very tempted but I've just got a stack of projects to work through first :bored:

MHeadling 04-06-2016 07:08 PM

At last we have an update after a Ebay yz2 gearbox came up for sale!

Gearbox is in!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...3A728588DF.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...2CA9B2B165.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...E36B982D2D.jpg

MHeadling 04-06-2016 07:09 PM

Rear tower and shocks mounted up, Test fitted the motor and lipo, not far away now!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...9CF7D5A364.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...F40473B091.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...4A962D298B.jpg

xfactor 04-06-2016 07:52 PM

Yes Marko,

Looking stunning matey.........:thumbsup:

AdrianH78 04-06-2016 08:12 PM

That's really really cool :thumbsup: Where did you get your holders for the lipo shorty battery?

ralphee 04-06-2016 10:35 PM

Very nice to see it come along Mark, bet it goes very well.

Lee

MHeadling 05-06-2016 03:54 PM

Cheers guys, just need to order Yokomo wings mounts, waterfall brace and get the radio installed and we are about there!

The battery holders are stock rc10 and the thumb screws are from the B5, just spaced out the shorty with foam but may re drill the chassis so they are a snug fit against the shorty

ralphee 05-06-2016 03:57 PM

I think i have a new brace i can shoot you over buddy.

lee

MHeadling 05-06-2016 10:26 PM

Cheers mate, all parts welcome! 👍

I'll message you on FB

MHeadling 24-06-2016 06:06 PM

Progress so far:

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...A22EDFC6EF.jpg

Big thanks so Lee for sending me over the waterfall brace

MHeadling 24-06-2016 10:31 PM

Esc is in and tapped out the b44 battery posts to m3 and put on the B5 thumb screws

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...11209DCA23.jpg

ralphee 25-06-2016 07:04 AM

Welcome anytime mate, and the car looks great, eager to hear how she goes.

Lee

archtech 14-07-2016 04:52 PM

That is EPIC. I love the rc10 format chassis for some reason so this has got my rain a buzzing. Would love to know how it drives :thumbsup:

MHeadling 27-07-2016 07:59 PM

Well its ready to hit the track!! I will take my go pro and get some footage and post it up

I must say a big thanks to Gainsy for the shell, I put a wanted advert up to buy one and he got in touch and offered me the shell in the pic for free, I offered to pay for it and at least cover the postage, he wouldn't take it and wanted to see the project complete, its people like this that make this hobby so cool, what a top guy


http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...522207AE10.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...D2A7EE386B.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...8F3EA7DB4F.jpg

MHeadling 29-07-2016 02:29 PM

Couple of pics from the track

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...AC8420EC78.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...8DEE2BDE52.jpg

xfactor 29-07-2016 02:35 PM

That looks awesome Marko.

A credit to gainsy as well. That shell works really well with the complete buggy.

Awesome.......:thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com