oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   COME ON THEN !!! WHAT YOU BOUGHT YOURSELF FOR CHRISTMAS !!! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186032)

xfactor 23-12-2016 10:55 PM

COME ON THEN !!! WHAT YOU BOUGHT YOURSELF FOR CHRISTMAS !!!
 
Thought I would start this.

WHAT YOU BOUGHT YOURSELF FOR CHRISTMAS......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lets see your lists........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

daz75 23-12-2016 11:19 PM

You already know :lol:

Peakey 23-12-2016 11:50 PM

Picked these up from Ken and Dave and trying to find time to build it over Christmas
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psuycau7oi.jpg
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psshgl86st.jpg
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9mg6gcbx.jpg

bigalbi 23-12-2016 11:58 PM

2 x Boomerang (one with supershot front suspension bits)
Bigwig front arms and shock mounts
Madcap for restoration
Fiber lyre chassis and mounts to turn the madcap into a super astuteish
Thorp bits for madcap gearbox

longman 24-12-2016 12:16 AM

Just bought a grasshopper, sorry guys I could not resist....

daz75 24-12-2016 12:52 AM

So what's that chassis peakey?

By the way my present wasn't vintage so that's why I didn't say :lol:

gainsy 24-12-2016 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As some a hole burgled my home the other day taking all the kids presents my plans for a new optima kit have gone in the bin so i will settle for these decals for my xls build

Peakey 24-12-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 963420)
So what's that chassis peakey?

By the way my present wasn't vintage so that's why I didn't say :lol:

It's an alloy Pavadis (95) chassis

bigalbi 24-12-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gainsy (Post 963423)
As some a hole burgled my home the other day taking all the kids presents my plans for a new optima kit have gone in the bin so i will settle for these decals for my xls build

That's totally crap luck before Christmas. I sympathise as we have been burgled in the same circumstances a few years ago when we lived in Luton.

Lets hope that Karma comes around and pays the horrible little twats that did it back (gangrene of the bollocks or something similarly horrific).

Good luck for the rest of Christmas....

Welshy40 24-12-2016 01:17 PM

Well YZ10 hardened tcs slipper clutch system. Now to properly fit my KO1001 & Tekin 410k & receiver & Corally motor to finally finish remaking my history with this car. Its exact to the specs I used.


Also bought an alloy rear bearing diff holder & alloy ujs for Bosscat. Now all I need is an alloy layshaft bearing holder (squarish block) thats also on the cougar and cougar 2 to finish it off to the exact spec I had when I used one.

Also bidding on a few more items so......

fidspeed 24-12-2016 01:53 PM

hopefully have a collection to pick up early in new year its all hush hush santa has tipped me off early hopefully all will be revealed soon !!

dave

soon to tip the 100 car in my shed mark :woot::woot::woot:

daz75 24-12-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 963425)
It's an alloy Pavadis (95) chassis

Is that the one mention in the wasp thread?

So what did you get xfactor?

xfactor 24-12-2016 07:58 PM

I have got myself.....

1. RPM Stealth gearbox complete.
1. Terra Scorcher for restore.
1. Thunder shot for restore.

And a few original RC10 team parts on the way.......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE........

Peakey 24-12-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 963454)
Is that the one mention in the wasp thread?

So what did you get xfactor?

That's the car I got off Dave yes but I've also picked another up :thumbsup:

timmy 24-12-2016 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few bits from Pargu and a new body set so I can finally get this finished:thumbsup:

Novice 24-12-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmy (Post 963460)
A few bits from Pargu and a new body set so I can finally get this finished:thumbsup:

Its going to be a shame to cover that with a body its a lovely car , I will have to dig something out to break up the holiday boredom .

Rs fruitbat 24-12-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novice (Post 963461)
I will have to dig something out to break up the holiday boredom .

Hopefully , I'll get the rc10 nearly finished , I'm bored already and I only finished work last night , nevermind plenty of jobs to do in the Workshop , If I had my own way I'd do a bit in there tomorrow :thumbsup:

CHEVY 25-12-2016 12:48 AM

wanted rc10
 
Wanted rc10 worlds rc concepts steering bell crank black could not find

Peakey 25-12-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmy (Post 963460)
A few bits from Pargu and a new body set so I can finally get this finished:thumbsup:

Very nice Tim! Is that Brian's work?

fidspeed 25-12-2016 04:38 PM

Santa brought me latest dremel watch carnage ensue !!

veeza 25-12-2016 04:42 PM

Christmas truck
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gainsy (Post 963423)
As some a hole burgled my home the other day taking all the kids presents my plans for a new optima kit have gone in the bin so i will settle for these decals for my xls build

That is so crap hope the scum get what they deserve my mate got his garage broken into few months ago had 4 rc cars taken and his motorbike :(

I got a new truck needs a good tidy up and a losi buggy and few bits that our being shipped at the moment :-)
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psha5dohmo.jpg
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ldb74ju.jpghttp://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psxq81ybuj.jpg

timmy 25-12-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakey (Post 963469)
Very nice Tim! Is that Brian's work?

Yes Justin, Fibrelyte chassis and the rest of the carbon work is all Brian, cracking quality as usual.

GRIFF55 25-12-2016 10:04 PM

Nice that tim!

daz75 26-12-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 963443)
hopefully have a collection to pick up early in new year its all hush hush santa has tipped me off early hopefully all will be revealed soon !!

dave

soon to tip the 100 car in my shed mark :woot::woot::woot:

I want to see a picture of this shed, I suspect it's not a shed like I have in my garden :D

fidspeed 26-12-2016 01:08 PM

6 Attachment(s)
here's a taster !!
nothing is catalogued except in my head some belong to my boy,
well start in his "bedroom" it could be a quiz "spot the car":thumbsup:

I don't have any pure shelf queens most will end up be abused even worse than they are now :DAttachment 95177

Attachment 95178

Attachment 95179

Attachment 95180

Attachment 95181

Attachment 95182

Welshy40 26-12-2016 03:11 PM

Wow!!! Schumacher everywhere. Well if youve got a fabiix 2wd & up for parting with let me know as thats one car I never got to own, only race.

daz75 26-12-2016 03:32 PM

That poor little predator sat on a shelf seems a shame ;)

matt 26-12-2016 03:47 PM

I recognise 2 of them lol.

fidspeed 26-12-2016 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 963530)
Wow!!! Schumacher everywhere. Well if youve got a fabiix 2wd & up for parting with let me know as thats one car I never got to own, only race.

like this one ??

was brought recently from a kind gent (matt see above) from his dads collection along with XRS pred

fab was purchased with lay down front end although I don't remember them that way (welshy can you approve / enlighten ?))

its hoped to be racing at iconic this year its had a little outing at our local club on carpet and was sadly lacking in steering dept( yes it did have some rear wheels )

fidspeed 26-12-2016 04:14 PM

James (welshy)

I do know someone who is building one from scratch and it does look very nice . Fibre-lyte show both normal and +12mm chassis kits on website (I guess you have already checked that out !)

apart from that I don't think anything extra special is required other than a cougar 95 (and I think I have a couple of them too !!)

cheers dave and Mitch

matt 26-12-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 963535)
like this one ??

was brought recently from a kind gent (matt see above) from his dads collection along with XRS pred

fab was purchased with lay down front end although I don't remember them that way (welshy can you approve / enlighten ?))

its hoped to be racing at iconic this year its had a little outing at our local club on carpet and was sadly lacking in steering dept( yes it did have some rear wheels )

This fab was converted using a 2000 original that had a lay down s.a.c.s front end on it. I think most ran the standard up right shocks.

fidspeed 26-12-2016 04:59 PM

cheers matt little bit of thinking had the saddle lipos in no extra holes drilled !!

only has 13.5 in currently with some boost !!:D

dave n mitch

matt 26-12-2016 08:34 PM

It's good to see it back in use.

paulc 27-12-2016 09:24 AM

I think you need to put up some more shelfs Dave and have a bit of a tidy up !:)

fidspeed 27-12-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulc (Post 963574)
I think you need to put up some more shelfs Dave and have a bit of a tidy up !:)

what you mean Paul that is tidy wait till you see the garage Pic

its like steptoes yard :D

maybe I ought to start new thread :thumbsup:

Who has the untidiest collection doubt ill have much competition !!

dav n mitch

dodgydiy 27-12-2016 10:20 AM

only additional part needed to build fab2000 from cougar 2000 is cat2000 rear wishbones and hinge pins. i have to fabs, an original 95 based with sacs front end and a more modern fibrelyte chassis one based on 93 set up as a vintage runner.....

Welshy40 27-12-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 963535)
like this one ??

was brought recently from a kind gent (matt see above) from his dads collection along with XRS pred

fab was purchased with lay down front end although I don't remember them that way (welshy can you approve / enlighten ?))

its hoped to be racing at iconic this year its had a little outing at our local club on carpet and was sadly lacking in steering dept( yes it did have some rear wheels )

The proto I used didnt have the lay down shocks, I cant really remember but knowing Mike would guess he would have tested the low down as well. I think the lay down shocks are probably why you have less steering, but the upright shocks did give plenty of steering. It caught the eye of Brian Kinwald who sat one row in front of me and came over and sat down with me and had a good chat & look at it and really appreciated Mike's design. Simple yet effective.

Welshy40 27-12-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidspeed (Post 963536)
James (welshy)

I do know someone who is building one from scratch and it does look very nice . Fibre-lyte show both normal and +12mm chassis kits on website (I guess you have already checked that out !)

apart from that I don't think anything extra special is required other than a cougar 95 (and I think I have a couple of them too !!)

cheers dave and Mitch

Yes, was thinking of building my own, but just wanted to see if any were floating around :thumbsup:

daz75 27-12-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshy40 (Post 963582)
The proto I used didnt have the lay down shocks, I cant really remember but knowing Mike would guess he would have tested the low down as well. I think the lay down shocks are probably why you have less steering, but the upright shocks did give plenty of steering. It caught the eye of Brian Kinwald who sat one row in front of me and came over and sat down with me and had a good chat & look at it and really appreciated Mike's design. Simple yet effective.

Name dropper :p:D

Welshy40 27-12-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daz75 (Post 963592)
Name dropper :p:D

Why not, but yes :-) really nice bloke, made time for me at Basildon and recognised me hence why he came over at the British Grand Prix.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com