oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ansmann Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   TQ SX104 wd (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47696)

rob martin 07-06-2010 01:25 PM

TQ SX10 4wd
 
Just got it completed the other night. IM waiting for the body then ill report back with test results!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture164.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture165.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture166.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture173.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture174.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture168.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture169.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture170.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture171.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture172.jpg

kaylon 07-06-2010 01:28 PM

You lucky..lucky..lucky..lucky.....chap...

I'm jealous :D

How was the build...any issues from kit ?

J

kedal 07-06-2010 01:28 PM

Thanks for the pics Rob :)

Chris56 07-06-2010 01:46 PM

Nice pics, let us know how the test drive goes.

ben44 07-06-2010 02:19 PM

Nice pics.
Let's us konow when you do the test.

Tom3012 07-06-2010 02:29 PM

Very nice! Are they the big bores? What were they like to build? Im considering getting a set you see :thumbsup:

prorace 07-06-2010 10:19 PM

A pair of questions

* The motor pinion is Plastic made?
* How many people did you need to kill for the yellow wheels .-)?

DCM 07-06-2010 10:26 PM

does it come with the nitride shock shafts?

Tis a little tight for space though

coolcars782 07-06-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prorace (Post 384407)
A pair of questions

* The motor pinion is Plastic made?
* How many people did you need to kill for the yellow wheels .-)?

The pinion will be metal, maybe alu or steel, the spur gear is plastic.

Carl

rob martin 08-06-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris56 (Post 384214)
Nice pics, let us know how the test drive goes.

Thanks man. will do!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom3012 (Post 384232)
Very nice! Are they the big bores? What were they like to build? Im considering getting a set you see :thumbsup:

Build went really well. Just pay attention to the small stuff so u dont've to do it twice!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prorace (Post 384407)
A pair of questions

* The motor pinion is Plastic made?
* How many people did you need to kill for the yellow wheels .-)?

The pinion ive on there is aluminum

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 384411)
does it come with the nitride shock shafts?

Tis a little tight for space though

Yes they're nitride. I could've mounted the receiver on the topdeck but i chose not too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylon (Post 384206)
You lucky..lucky..lucky..lucky.....chap...

I'm jealous :D

How was the build...any issues from kit ?

HAHa..no issues

J

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcars782 (Post 384413)
The pinion will be metal, maybe alu or steel, the spur gear is plastic.

Carl


yes aluminum




And yes those are the big bore shocks

rob martin 08-06-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prorace (Post 384407)
A pair of questions

* The motor pinion is Plastic made?
* How many people did you need to kill for the yellow wheels .-)?

Im running kyosho wheels in the front and tq wheels out back... The wheels that come with the kit look just like the jconcepts rulux wheels

rob martin 14-06-2010 01:03 PM

1 Step closer. Ill get some runtime on it this weekend

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...w/IMG_9121.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...w/IMG_9123.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...w/IMG_9124.jpg

zagonielod 14-06-2010 04:18 PM

OOOOh my word........ That is a superb paint job!! Congrats Rob! At this point(have never painted a body yet) I have only white paint, and if I would have to paint my car I would paint it all white. But later maybe I will try things like yours(at least try) It is superb! :D

rob martin 15-06-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagonielod (Post 386203)
OOOOh my word........ That is a superb paint job!! Congrats Rob! At this point(have never painted a body yet) I have only white paint, and if I would have to paint my car I would paint it all white. But later maybe I will try things like yours(at least try) It is superb! :D


lol thanks for the compliments~~ d

Drove the car for the 1st time today. Everything went well!


http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture201.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture208.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture200.jpg

rob martin 15-06-2010 09:03 PM

If u guys have any questions feel free to ask. Im learning new things about the car everyday.

ben44 16-06-2010 08:51 AM

Very nice family of Tq cars :)

rob martin 16-06-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben44 (Post 386846)
Very nice family of Tq cars :)


Thanks bro!

dom-dogger 19-06-2010 07:56 PM

is this the same car as the 4x pro?

zagonielod 19-06-2010 08:05 PM

yes it is

ApfelBirne 20-06-2010 09:19 AM

very nice car:thumbsup:

can you say me, if the Ansmann X4Pro also will have this big bore Shocks?

sorry for my bad english
tim

notme 20-06-2010 11:23 PM

Ive got the Team C version, no big bores :( but the standard shocks are very good as we know.

rob martin 21-06-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notme (Post 388186)
Ive got the Team C version, no big bores :( but the standard shocks are very good as we know.

Yes the standard shocks are awesome.


Just out of curiosity ?? Anyone have any gear problems? Just checking.

nicefrog 21-06-2010 01:44 AM

I thought the gears were just a failure and throw away items from what I read on the other forum?. But I have faith the factory will fix/upgrade the gears at some point so I'm getting one as soon as I see a good deal somewhere in HK. Do you know what happened to team C usa? I guess either Ansmann or TQ let some lawyers loose on them for whatever reason. Those guys are all hurting the company with this in house fighting, very uncool in my opinion

kaylon 21-06-2010 07:52 AM

Sorry to be off topic...but what's this about team C ?...Seams the site is just down for maintenance ?

rob martin 21-06-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicefrog (Post 388193)
I thought the gears were just a failure and throw away items from what I read on the other forum?. But I have faith the factory will fix/upgrade the gears at some point so I'm getting one as soon as I see a good deal somewhere in HK. Do you know what happened to team C usa? I guess either Ansmann or TQ let some lawyers loose on them for whatever reason. Those guys are all hurting the company with this in house fighting, very uncool in my opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylon (Post 388218)
Sorry to be off topic...but what's this about team C ?...Seams the site is just down for maintenance ?

Im not really sure exactly what went down but i think it was wrong for them IMO to try and market the same car in the same area from the start. Like i said im not sure what went on behind closed doors but theres should only be 1 company marketing the car in 1 area. As far as the gears im running my rear diff shimmed tighter and ive been running it for 2 weeks now with good luck!

janus_77 21-06-2010 01:01 PM

Is there a part number for the Big Bore shocks ? :drool:

nicefrog 21-06-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob martin (Post 388308)
Im not really sure exactly what went down but i think it was wrong for them IMO to try and market the same car in the same area from the start. Like i said im not sure what went on behind closed doors but theres should only be 1 company marketing the car in 1 area. As far as the gears im running my rear diff shimmed tighter and ive been running it for 2 weeks now with good luck!

I see, well I can buy a b4 from any country in the world from anyone.... That's how it should be in a free market imho. If it can't be like that well I don't know, it doesn't affect me here in Australia but I would be _extremely_ upset if someone tried to stop me buying parts for the car from the factory shop in Hong Kong and forced me to buy them for twice the price here in Australia and I had to be more hungry because my money was going to feed some other sucker for no apparent reason :)?. The whole idea of contracts, resellers and distributor's is just seems wrong to me. I was pretty impressed with Team C america's efforts with improving parts for the car and not so over zealous marketing, so it's a shame to loose them.

Anyway, good news on your diff, I really wasn't expecting it to last more than a couple of runs from what I've read. If you can post up some pictures of the shims next time you have it pulled apart that would be good :)

DCM 21-06-2010 03:50 PM

TQ Racing/Ansmann/Robitronic are distributors for the car in their area, and they have chosen to use their company name to sell the car, than some 'anonymous' Asian company. Now, if you distribute for AE or Horizon, you are tied in with a contract, not to sell your stock in someone elses area of the world, so you get the product, you advertise it, you support it, and you earn the profit (hopefully) from it, not some other company who is side stepping you and undercutting you, selling on your hard work.

Thats how business works...

rob martin 21-06-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicefrog (Post 388340)
I see, well I can buy a b4 from any country in the world from anyone.... That's how it should be in a free market imho. If it can't be like that well I don't know, it doesn't affect me here in Australia but I would be _extremely_ upset if someone tried to stop me buying parts for the car from the factory shop in Hong Kong and forced me to buy them for twice the price here in Australia and I had to be more hungry because my money was going to feed some other sucker for no apparent reason :)?. The whole idea of contracts, resellers and distributor's is just seems wrong to me. I was pretty impressed with Team C america's efforts with improving parts for the car and not so over zealous marketing, so it's a shame to loose them.

Anyway, good news on your diff, I really wasn't expecting it to last more than a couple of runs from what I've read. If you can post up some pictures of the shims next time you have it pulled apart that would be good :)


Will do. Ill get some pics asap. I understand what your saying but on the flip side y would u want the same car marketed by 2 different companies in the same area??? Seems like both companies would suffer IMO.

positronic 26-06-2010 12:59 PM

Think the point is, In Australia for example you cant buy a TQ, teamC or Ansmann so your'e looking online and seeing all these companys selling the same car as opposed to say a Revo which is a Revo no matter what country you buy it from. I'm not sure the average owner of this vehicle knows they can get parts for thier buggy from the other distributers.

I've read the whole team C america thread and TQracing thread on that other forum, in the beginning TQ wouldnt even admit they were selling team C cars, people were having issues getting parts, then team C america opened up (to fix the spares problem? who knows), TQ often refers to their labs and they are fixing this and that. Do you guys really have a lab doing research or does it just involve emailing hobbypro and asking them to look into the gears or w/e.

Will the roar legal TQ short course that TQ leads to me believe they made in their lab be exclusive to TQ, or is it just something hobbypro made and will be shipped out to Ansmann and TQ and sold in Asia as teamC.

the Team C 4wd has been for sale for months, yet TQ is still working on thier 4wd in their labs yet it's obviously the same car.

As a consumer of this product it's hard to get a straight answer out of anyone.

I'm glad to see on this forum we have TC and TQ openly posting in the ansmann thread an no ones in denial that these are the same product.

notme 26-06-2010 02:52 PM

TQ/Luther says a lot of things....you have to take the comments with a grain of salt. Too bad about tca as they seemed to have better customer support and willingness to help.
TQ's "lab" is an imaginary word....lol. They test cars and request changes to the manufacturer.
Still a good product for the money. (except tq's parts prices..!!) Can you buy from teamcracing.net?

kaylon 26-06-2010 03:43 PM

Yes you can buy direct from www.tcmodels.net ..I think they only take PayPal.

Depending on where you are in the world it could take up to 21 days for anything to arrive.

J

nicefrog 26-06-2010 04:42 PM

tcmodels.net takes about a week sometimes less that's the official team c parts shop so that's where I get everything from, it comes straight from the hobbypro office. Or at least that's the return address. They need to get more stock of part 2015 the front upper suspension mount thingo so I can make another order :). I don't know why they can run out of stock of their own parts :)? I guess the parts are made on the somewhere deep in the mainland. I want the mount and the new idler gear!:D.

I was quite happy with team c america from all I read in the relevant threads, they seemed more honest to me but anyway that's how life is I guess

tcmodels 28-06-2010 02:58 AM

parts are in stock now, usually we updated our shop every week :)
some part off line on Monday and sure will put it online Friday

nicefrog 28-06-2010 03:30 AM

Thanks tcmodels :)

notme 29-06-2010 01:43 AM

Ive run 5 packs through the 4wd, 5700's so thats quite a bit of time (i didnt time it)
So far it has been very very good, for coming out of the box and standard setup. I dont recall ever having a kit that built not quite perfect but handles so well . It jumps great, let off the throttle and its perfectly level. Very smooth and controlled at high speeds, cornering is good to, at any part of the turn. No issues, also seems rugged, it took a few tumbles and just kept going. Just one complain about the running of it is a noisy spur gear, its loud. Im going to try a losi spur if I can modify it to work.
Overall this is a great car and it seems to be for real.
Anyone notice how much it resembles the bmax? I hear some parts exchange.

kaylon 29-06-2010 07:50 AM

I do want one hehe

Due to some recent financial commitments I'm gonna have to wait till the end of July though...still should be in time for a few rounds of my clubs off road season.

Till then I'm still more than happy to drive my X-Pro :D

J

rob martin 29-06-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notme (Post 389603)
TQ/Luther says a lot of things....you have to take the comments with a grain of salt. Too bad about tca as they seemed to have better customer support and willingness to help.
TQ's "lab" is an imaginary word....lol. They test cars and request changes to the manufacturer.
Still a good product for the money. (except tq's parts prices..!!) Can you buy from teamcracing.net?

I agree there were alot of problems in the beginning. Luther IMO was trying to do everything but things have changed since bringing on a couple of important other people on board. Things have def gotten better.

rob martin 29-06-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notme (Post 390217)
Ive run 5 packs through the 4wd, 5700's so thats quite a bit of time (i didnt time it)
So far it has been very very good, for coming out of the box and standard setup. I dont recall ever having a kit that built not quite perfect but handles so well . It jumps great, let off the throttle and its perfectly level. Very smooth and controlled at high speeds, cornering is good to, at any part of the turn. No issues, also seems rugged, it took a few tumbles and just kept going. Just one complain about the running of it is a noisy spur gear, its loud. Im going to try a losi spur if I can modify it to work.
Overall this is a great car and it seems to be for real.
Anyone notice how much it resembles the bmax? I hear some parts exchange.


yES The spur is noisy. I used a 86T Spur that comes on the truck. I'll do a writeup on how i got it to work.:)

rob martin 29-06-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janus_77 (Post 388313)
Is there a part number for the Big Bore shocks ? :drool:

Yes im not home but ill try to post it tonight


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com