oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern Ireland (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Drop Inn racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71358)

ian h 26-05-2011 12:04 AM

Drop Inn racing
 
Great night racing last night, very close, really enjoyed it. Hope to head up again in a few weeks, the almost 2 hr drive home is the only downer!

Cardnim 26-05-2011 12:30 AM

Hi Ian,
Where was the racing at last night? Drop In at Craigavon?
I thought it was only on Wednesday nights. ??

Im gutted if I missed a potential race opportunity - there are so few around that I can actually get to.
Tuesdays are good for me, so if its a regular thing Im there!

(P.S. you coming up to BADMCC on 5th June? Should be a good one again!)

ian h 26-05-2011 12:59 AM

Sorry for the confusion it was Wednesday night. 5th June is the first 2 wd national round in Dublin. You should try and get to that if you can. AFAIK there will be a few travelling down from either fivemiletown or craigavon.

eda 26-05-2011 08:52 PM

Good to see u at DIR - the Cougar was impressive against the Losi's that seem to breeding at the club! Glad that Duffys Circus next door didn't prevent us racing!

colmo 26-05-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eda (Post 507140)
Good to see u at DIR - the Cougar was impressive against the Losi's that seem to breeding at the club!

I see the 22 invasion is on all fronts! I also see a few bent alloy chassis in DIR's future - it was always a testing venue on durability. I suppose you're opening a B4 shelter for unwanted, abandoned B4s, Ed?

Hoping to get going again if some work opportunities come to fruition over the next week - I'll be in the vicinity again, and can afford the petrol....

ian h 26-05-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eda (Post 507140)
Good to see u at DIR - the Cougar was impressive against the Losi's that seem to breeding at the club! Glad that Duffys Circus next door didn't prevent us racing!

It was my trusty old B4 that won the A final even with an old brushed motor. No timing advanced boosted new fangled technology.

Cardnim 06-07-2011 11:17 AM

Racing tonight at Craigavon Drop-In again.
Ed mentioned that there was a chance of an outdoor grass track, but looking at the weather I guess thats probably not happening tonight.
So indoor astro it is! :)

Anyone else going? Ian, Colin?

7pm start - my Cat will accept all challenges (and then smash into the wall and break as I fumble with the controls as per usual! :D )

eda 06-07-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardnim (Post 523763)
Racing tonight at Craigavon Drop-In again.
Ed mentioned that there was a chance of an outdoor grass track, but looking at the weather I guess thats probably not happening tonight.
So indoor astro it is! :)

Anyone else going? Ian, Colin?

7pm start - my Cat will accept all challenges (and then smash into the wall and break as I fumble with the controls as per usual! :D )

Many have tried to shift our end wall but haven't seen it move too far yet! We'll see how the CAT gets on later - racing confirmed indoors, starting at 7pm.

Cardnim 06-07-2011 12:32 PM

Cheers Ed, looking forward to it. :)

...although the Cat, which is sitting on the table in front of me right now, seems to be regarding me with silent contempt :D

P.S. how long you reckon it takes to get from Belfast to you guys? Im thinking about 30 mins or so?

eda 06-07-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardnim (Post 523793)
Cheers Ed, looking forward to it. :)

...although the Cat, which is sitting on the table in front of me right now, seems to be regarding me with silent contempt :D

P.S. how long you reckon it takes to get from Belfast to you guys? Im thinking about 30 mins or so?

Maybe a bit more @ legal speed!

Cardnim 06-07-2011 12:46 PM

lol - fair enough.
I plead the 5th and refuse to incriminate myself further :)

h0m3sy 03-08-2011 11:21 PM

Good fun, good racing, really enjoyed last night guys. Hope to see you again soon.

Cardnim 04-08-2011 09:39 AM

+1 to homesy comments.
Another great fun night racing.

Well done David for the well deserved 3rd place in an unfamiliar car!

eda 04-08-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardnim (Post 535598)
+1 to homesy comments.
Another great fun night racing.

Well done David for the well deserved 3rd place in an unfamiliar car!

Glad to hear you both enjoyed the racing - it's much appreciated when people travel so far to race with us. Welcome back anytime!

ian h 15-08-2011 03:40 PM

Should be up on Wednesday along with Derek, Go Schumacher!

Cardnim 15-08-2011 04:10 PM

Great stuff Ian - I should be there myself too.
See you guys on Wed! :)

eda 17-08-2011 01:18 PM

Sounds like a Schumacher invasion! C u there. :)

ian h 17-08-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eda (Post 541363)
Sounds like a Schumacher invasion! C u there. :)

Great night, really enjoyed it. The SX3 loves that track. Hope to get up again soon!

h0m3sy 17-08-2011 11:46 PM

+1 to what Ian said, the Cougar SV was working well tonight too. Be back soon. :thumbsup:

ian h 17-08-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0m3sy (Post 541611)
+1 to what Ian said, the Cougar SV was working well tonight too. Be back soon. :thumbsup:

2 TQ's for the Schueys, can't be bad!

eda 18-08-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian h (Post 541613)
2 TQ's for the Schueys, can't be bad!

Glad to hear everybody enjoyed the night despite a few "incidents"! Looks like a Schumacher take over - come back soon "No Rear Grip" - we need you!!! :lol:

colmo 18-08-2011 09:18 AM

Just a pity about that speed bump that kept appearing at the end of the straight! Can't believe the only damage from my collision with it was two ballcups...

I think I'll be digging out the 5.5T - 10.5T just looks so pedestrian in comparison!

My brother really enjoyed his first night's racing. He was actually worse than I thought he'd be, but the truck isn't exactly nimble...

ian h 18-08-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colmo (Post 541682)
Just a pity about that speed bump that kept appearing at the end of the straight! Can't believe the only damage from my collision with it was two ballcups...

I think I'll be digging out the 5.5T - 10.5T just looks so pedestrian in comparison!

My brother really enjoyed his first night's racing. He was actually worse than I thought he'd be, but the truck isn't exactly nimble...

Put the rat together for him, it will be far better than a truck with no steering!! Must say that the 5.5 was a bit too much for that track, 6 or 7.5 would have been as fast if not faster.

h0m3sy 29-08-2011 12:51 PM

Is the racing on this week?

noreargrip 29-08-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eda (Post 541654)
Glad to hear everybody enjoyed the night despite a few "incidents"! Looks like a Schumacher take over - come back soon "No Rear Grip" - we need you!!! :lol:

I'll be there on Wednesday night...out of retirement once again...
with me will be my trusty b4..with lengthened chassis...
havnt got my centro yet..

Cardnim 29-08-2011 01:29 PM

Fantastic all - Im going to be trying my hardest to get there too.
Looking forward to it - great racing as always.

Ed - any update on the computerised timing?

eda 30-08-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0m3sy (Post 546448)
Is the racing on this week?

Racing is on at Drop Inn Craigavon this week, 31st August. No confirmation on Lap Timing system yet but its on it's way.

eda 31-08-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardnim (Post 546465)

Ed - any update on the computerised timing?

Latest update - timimg system expected to arrive 6-8 September. :thumbsup:

Cardnim 31-08-2011 02:42 PM

Great news Ed :)
Hopefully see you later tonight!

h0m3sy 31-08-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eda (Post 547347)
Latest update - timimg system expected to arrive 6-8 September. :thumbsup:


Ian will be pleased.....:woot:

Cardnim 31-08-2011 03:59 PM

So will everyone else - if only for the reason that I wont be mucking up everyones timing as my fat fingers mash the laptop in the wrong order!! :)

h0m3sy 31-08-2011 10:48 PM

Another good night at Craigavon, really enjoying the racing.:thumbsup:

ian h 01-09-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0m3sy (Post 547574)
Another good night at Craigavon, really enjoying the racing.:thumbsup:

How did the SX3 shape up?

h0m3sy 01-09-2011 06:58 AM

I didn't have it down mate, just took the Cougar. I qualified 3rd in the A final behind Mark Penney and Paul Jennings. I was having trouble all night with the drivetrain, so much so that I couldn't run in the final. Haven't a clue what went wrong till I get her stripped later on today.

jimlee 01-09-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0m3sy (Post 547607)
.... I get her stripped later on today.

Forget about that and get the car looked at....lol
I'll have to get down some Wed to see how you are going.

Cardnim 01-09-2011 11:29 AM

Yeah congrats David, you had a good run all night but it was a strange night for breakages - I think the wee gremlins were out.
Loads of breakages and things going pop - including my batts!! (twice?!?!)

But totally agree - another great nights racing.

Thanks Ed! :)

eda 01-09-2011 03:35 PM

Good to see a good crowd again. Lots of car types too - Losi x 3, Associated x 7, Durango x 1, CR2 x 1, Schumacher x 2.

Still, with the B4 coming 1st & 3rd in the A and 1st in the B not too much has changed! :D

ian h 01-09-2011 03:57 PM

Who was running the Durango?

eda 01-09-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian h (Post 547879)
Who was running the Durango?

That would be Andy Smith - he got a new one recently.

Cardnim 02-09-2011 10:43 AM

..and that was the first time it had raced, and the first time hes ever raced on 100% astro track!
Good result all round I think :)
Well done Andy.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com