oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who sells the Tamiya TRF511? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71666)

The Chef 29-05-2011 05:49 PM

Who sells the Tamiya TRF511?
 
Went to TORCH today and had a great time thank you guys, and won a set of tires to boot. :woot: Who sells the TRF511 they look so well made and look amazing to drive. I was told to look at stellar models but no kits. Stll weighing up my options so any pointers would be great.


They are cheaper to buy in hong kong I believe and it works out a damm site cheaper:D

And Ideas guys. Nice to meet the RC Lazy crew too.

Andyp 29-05-2011 05:59 PM

Here's one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-4WD-TRF...#ht_746wt_1101

Hope the link works

The Chef 29-05-2011 06:32 PM

ThaNK YOU. I hope to buy one from hong kong if I go that way. Still weighing up my options.

Fredrik Emilsson 29-05-2011 08:05 PM

Save a few euros and order the kit from tonisport.de.
369 euros for a nib 511.

leeboy44 29-05-2011 08:09 PM

ask JT models on here pal, he might be able to give you a good deal!! jamie is a top bloke

DavidAMS 29-05-2011 08:35 PM

re
 
:woot:do it get the 511 you will love it!!!!!!!!

The Chef 30-05-2011 08:15 AM

What are the differences between the 502 and the 511? Is the 511 the newer model?

mattybucks 30-05-2011 08:19 AM

The 502 is shaft driven, and the newer car. The 511 is belt driven and the best car money can buy.

The Chef 30-05-2011 08:32 AM

How old is the 511 and how long will spares be avalible. When did the 502 take over please.

mattybucks 30-05-2011 08:44 AM

Spares are still available, I don't think the 502 was bought out to replace the 511, just as another option.

mikeyscott 30-05-2011 09:02 AM

Heard 502 has been discontinued.

PM SteveB, he "may" have a spare 511.

Yup bit of a Tamiya white wash in the final yesterday!

The Chef 30-05-2011 09:06 AM

I would have never considered a tamiya until I saw the build quality yesterday, fantastic. Who sells the spares over here? and they look fantastic on the track.
They looked so planted and balanced.

mikeyscott 30-05-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 508280)
I would have never considered a tamiya until I saw the build quality yesterday, fantastic. Who sells the spares over here? and they look fantastic on the track.
They looked so planted and balanced.

http://www.jtmodels.co.uk/

www.rclazy.com - Mark at RC Lazy was running a 511 yesterday.

I will also add Steve was running the 502 and not the 511

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/result...g74/ressum.htm

msxmre 30-05-2011 09:25 AM

Trf502 discontinued already? That's not heartening to hear. Maezumi and all the Jap drivers are running the 502 according to the Jap racing reports online. I'm over the moon with my 502 and if you're struggling to find the 511, it's a great buggy as an alternative.
Scotty....

GRIFF55 30-05-2011 11:53 AM

TONISPORT.de Great to deal with and a bloody good price for the 511 kits. Has stock too;)

DaveG28 30-05-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 508276)
Heard 502 has been discontinued.

PM SteveB, he "may" have a spare 511.

Yup bit of a Tamiya white wash in the final yesterday!

Mikey, where have you heard the 502 is discontinued??

DavidAMS 30-05-2011 12:35 PM

dont think thats true, 502x is used by many drivers in japan,

and it was a 502x that impressed the thread starter... :drool:


Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 508276)
Heard 502 has been discontinued.

PM SteveB, he "may" have a spare 511.

Yup bit of a Tamiya white wash in the final yesterday!


The Chef 30-05-2011 01:23 PM

It was the belt drive car that impressed me. Was that not the 511?

mikeyscott 30-05-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 508396)
It was the belt drive car that impressed me. Was that not the 511?

Yes that's the 511, Jason and Mark ran that.

mattybucks 30-05-2011 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of these sexy beasts?

The Chef 30-05-2011 01:38 PM

Yep thats the one.

K

AfroP 30-05-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybucks (Post 508402)
One of these sexy beasts?

I think they are great cars and all but a big thing that puts me off is how the rear wishbones are not fixed to the chassis.

you can see in the picture that the chassis stops before the rear wishbones which for me(who is rather crash prone) it just seems like a weak spot that will break when I crash

mattybucks 30-05-2011 02:21 PM

Hmmm, I don't thin you right,the cars are very strong. The wishbones are secure enough to me. Here's the manual so you can see how there are attached.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/tamiya/...11X_Manual.pdf

Rich D 30-05-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroP (Post 508420)
I think they are great cars and all but a big thing that puts me off is how the rear wishbones are not fixed to the chassis.

you can see in the picture that the chassis stops before the rear wishbones which for me(who is rather crash prone) it just seems like a weak spot that will break when I crash


Front shock towers and front wishbones are the most likely "weak" parts that you`re liable to break or crack. Dont think i have ever done a rear wishbone myself. Shock towers - several. The front wishbones sometimes crack but usually dont let go altogether. They are pretty tough.

MRD 30-05-2011 05:07 PM

I'm retiring my 501x this year as its getting too hard to source the alloy bits :(. I'm hoping that when Lee kicks ass at the worlds they'll bring out a 511 Worlds Ed and I can get one :woot:

qatmix 30-05-2011 05:17 PM

Other than being easier to maintain, don't the 501x and 511 have exactly the same geometry etc?

As to strength, my 501x hit a metal podium at full whack with a 5.5t and just bounced back onto the track and drove off, the only damage was to my pride. :)

The Chef 30-05-2011 07:57 PM

I'm really struggling to chose between this and the SX3.

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

I like the look of the tamiya and it seems so well engineered. And you get a lot of alloy in the kit.It looks like you only need the alloy steering set and your off.:D

Nige 30-05-2011 08:13 PM

Should be an easy decision - TAMIYA :thumbsup:

mattybucks 30-05-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 508640)
Should be an easy decision - TAMIYA :thumbsup:

Agreed!!!

The Chef 30-05-2011 09:27 PM

Do they all weight quite a bit of have the guys added lots of weight? To make them so very agile and stable.

GRIFF55 30-05-2011 09:32 PM

the only thing you really need on the 511 are the hardened ball studs to replace the kit silver ones. THATS IT!
Weight wise, all that gets added are two rudebits weights in between lipo to get it up to the legal limit.

Rich D 30-05-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 508678)
Do they all weight quite a bit of have the guys added lots of weight? To make them so very agile and stable.

Mine is three grammes over weight usually. Rudebits weight kit as Griff describes. I also use 20 grammes on top of the servo.

The Chef 30-05-2011 09:40 PM

Whos car did I have my sticky mits on on Sunday? It was one of the RC Lazy crew? Because the car felt heavy. (but good):thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com