oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2008 RC Survey (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7355)

k£v!n 12-01-2008 05:05 PM

2008 RC Survey
 
Results - http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/?p=2308

We want to see how the world of RC is changing! We have set up a very quick and easy to use survey for you all to complete! By answering the questions provided we are able to see if the results are changing from year to year!

Northy 14-01-2008 03:44 PM

I did it, I put Greg Morris (aka kyosho_greg) as my fav rc car driver....... :D

G

Lee 14-01-2008 03:49 PM

He will be sadly missed RIP KG:D

Lee Martin 14-01-2008 04:07 PM

so wat happen to this survey?

k£v!n 14-01-2008 04:19 PM

Thanks to all who have completed it :D

Im not sure what you mean pidge?

Wraggy 14-01-2008 04:24 PM

i think he means , where are the results ..

Col 14-01-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraggy (Post 84453)
i think he means , where are the results ..

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/Thanks.html

millzy 14-01-2008 05:03 PM

he wants to see if hes the fav driver lol

I stuck Southwell down..

Col 14-01-2008 05:05 PM

I claimed Super Dan as my personal hero...

Northy 14-01-2008 05:06 PM

I actually put Donga, but should have put kyosho_greg.

G

millzy 14-01-2008 05:06 PM

you picked the campest steven fry boyfriend meterial r/c driver there is....!!!!!!

k£v!n 14-01-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraggy (Post 84453)
i think he means , where are the results ..

Ok thanks,

The results will be posted on my site shortly after the 12.02.08! However I can tell you that Neil Cragg is currently winning the fav driver :D

Col 14-01-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k£v!n (Post 84485)
However I can tell you that Neil Cragg is currently winning the fav driver :D

How boring and predictable...

No offence intended, Mr Cragg!!

Northy 14-01-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k£v!n (Post 84485)
However I can tell you that Neil Cragg is currently winning the fav driver :D


He must be well stoked :eh?:

G

k£v!n 11-02-2008 12:37 PM

The results are up; click the following link or the one in the first post! I’ve ended the survey one day early so enjoy! Results - http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/?p=2308

bigred5765 11-02-2008 12:47 PM

well that speaks volumes to me
especially this bit
13. Where do you purchase most of your R/C items from?

The top three responses were as follows –

1st ‘The Internet’ with 134 votes
2nd ‘Local Hobby Shops’ with 99 votes
3rd ‘Mail Order’ with 21 votes

you can See were the market is going

Wraggy 11-02-2008 01:42 PM

10. How much do you spend as an average on R/C per year?
The top three responses were as follows –
1st ‘£501 - £1000’ with 87 votes
2nd ‘More then £2000’ with 56 votes
3rd ‘£1001 - £1500’ with 49 votes

i thought 2nd OF 2 grand or more would of won that hands down !!!!!

Lee 11-02-2008 01:45 PM

Totally agree wraggy, thats like a tyre bill alone is it not?

Southwell 11-02-2008 01:46 PM

Ive spent £500+ and the season hasn't even started yet :lol:

chrispattinson 11-02-2008 01:50 PM

As I scorlled down, I thought the winning amount of £501 - £1000 was too high, you lot must spend a fortune - I'm planning on spending about £200 this year on racing, and thats about £140 on tyres.

I only race once per week at club meetings though, and do 2wd & 4wd regionals and end of year finals, indoor and outdoor. I guess doing a national series must cost a bomb!

Wraggy 11-02-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispattinson (Post 93038)
planning on spending about £200 this year on racing, and thats about £140 on tyres

ha ive spent that in a weekend last year at a national ...:thumbsup:
rims , tires & inserts !!! it easy ..

Lee 11-02-2008 02:03 PM

Yeah if you run 2 new sets of tyres each day there is £100 alone its easy to get carried away, but TC was worse, i spent 4K on tyres alone one season before restrictions came into place:o

chrispattinson 11-02-2008 02:03 PM

I was thinking of doing nationals not this year but next, if I retain my F2, but don't think I'll bother if it's that expensive.

Southwell 11-02-2008 02:04 PM

It's only expensive if you make it that. You can do the weekend on a couple of sets a day, but it might cost you some pace. They are a great laugh, well worth the money imo.

Lee 11-02-2008 02:06 PM

Its as expensive as you want it to be, just because you use new tyres doesnt mean you will go so many seconds faster, you still might make mistakes and so might everyone else, its only at the sharp end that they really come into play IMO

millzy 11-02-2008 02:12 PM

how could dresh and massami be 3rd on 7 votes? i did it 15 times and stuck southwell down each time as my fav driver

Wraggy 11-02-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 93047)
how could dresh and massami be 3rd on 7 votes? i did it 15 times and stuck southwell down each time as my fav driver

LOL :lol: QUALITY ...

millzy 11-02-2008 02:14 PM

i even did it on 15 diffrent pcs in the office to make sure the ip number wasnt the same

i say its fixed- what is this another bule peter name the cat comp?

Southwell 11-02-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 93047)
how could dresh and massami be 3rd on 7 votes? i did it 15 times and stuck southwell down each time as my fav driver

I smell a rat :thumbsup:

Chris Doughty 11-02-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 93050)
i even did it on 15 diffrent pcs in the office to make sure the ip number wasnt the same

i say its fixed- what is this another bule peter name the cat comp?

you proberbly go through the same proxy server so they are seen on the internet at the same IP, sorry dude!

telboy 11-02-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

9. Do you paint your own body shells?
The top three responses were as follows –
1st ‘Yes’ with 140 votes
2nd ‘No’ with 65 votes
3rd ‘Sometimes’ with 62 votes
I could never paint a shell very well so normally I get someone else to spray it for me but by the looks of things most people are giving it ago themselves!



...BUGGER!:woot::lol:
:eh?:

millzy 11-02-2008 02:22 PM

bah.

Southwell 11-02-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 93050)
i even did it on 15 diffrent pcs in the office to make sure the ip number wasnt the same

i say its fixed- what is this another bule peter name the cat comp?

The proxy server is the same IP, you wont go out under your workstations IP. :thumbdown:

millzy 11-02-2008 02:24 PM

lost me now pc geek

Chris Doughty 11-02-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telboy (Post 93056)
...BUGGER!:woot::lol:
:eh?:[/LEFT]

It does not state how bad the 'own done' body shells look though

millzy 11-02-2008 02:29 PM

maybe there all custom white like dannys? dose he really pay 60quid for them shells?

Northy 11-02-2008 02:38 PM

Skelding does awesome shells........ :thumbsup:

While he's waiting to play table tennis :woot::woot:

k£v!n 11-02-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millzy (Post 93050)
i even did it on 15 diffrent pcs in the office to make sure the ip number wasnt the same

i say its fixed- what is this another bule peter name the cat comp?

The software that I used tells me that Ian Southwell received 5 votes so I’m not sure where the other 10 went too!

Southwell 11-02-2008 06:00 PM

Hey, must be 5 different ppl! :lol:

Rick 11-02-2008 06:13 PM

Are the results of this survey somewhat biased due to the fact that it has been carried out on this forum? or did you post on others?


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com