oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Titchfield Off Road Club Hants (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Racing 7th August (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76974)

dibble34 03-08-2011 07:10 PM

Racing 7th August
 
Assume there is some ??

mikeyscott 03-08-2011 07:12 PM

Not for me, anniversary. Yes should be a meeting etc.

lordnikon 03-08-2011 07:34 PM

Cool, hoping to get down for some much needed practice track time ! :thumbsup:

johnabbs 03-08-2011 08:35 PM

I WILL DEFO BE THERE,CANT WAIT.

dibble34 03-08-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 535337)
Not for me, anniversary. Yes should be a meeting etc.

Good stuff, need some setup time :)

jpmatrix 03-08-2011 09:54 PM

Will also be there.:thumbsup:

OT. Just wandering if the results will be posted up for the 31st July meeting.

martin so16 04-08-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dibble34 (Post 535335)
Assume there is some ??

there is a meeting me and dan will be there to do it :thumbsup:

dibble34 04-08-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin so16 (Post 535808)
there is a meeting me and dan will be there to do it :thumbsup:


Nice one:) need to change my PT details on the day if that's ok

martin so16 04-08-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dibble34 (Post 535825)
Nice one:) need to change my PT details on the day if that's ok

no probs just bring the number down when you book in and we will sort it :thumbsup:

wylie 06-08-2011 08:28 AM

Book me in please.
Who is this Mikey Scott fellow?
I remember someone in the past with that name, I think he used to race:p!!!

wylie 06-08-2011 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=mikeyscott;535337]Not for me, anniversary. QUOTE]

racingben 06-08-2011 09:26 PM

Car prepped and ready.

Have bought a mad monkey in the hope that it will find those missing few tenths that I had with the mad rat.

If it's dry hoping to get a 27 sec lap or 2. Best with the rat was 28.2 at the last all dayer.

Northern Monkey 07-08-2011 02:44 PM

Another top morning of very close racing :thumbsup: I'll get you next time Dan :D

johnabbs 07-08-2011 05:07 PM

Thanks to all for a brill meeting,with the fun factor returning,it was a good morning,thanks john o

racingben 07-08-2011 05:07 PM

Well what an improvement! I just copied the setup straight over from the rat to the monkey and it was so much easier to drive!

Almost a shame that the chicane has been reprofiled. Would have been interesting to see the improvement on exactly the same track.

How much did the layout adjustment affect others fastest laps? My best lap with the rat at the last all dayer was 28.25. This time it was 27.5! My average in my tq run 11 laps in 310.something was 28.25.

I know the chicane is wider now but I was thinking 3 tenths faster?

I'll add the setup to the sticky on this forum.

Definitely going to run the carisma in 4wd next time. With some more tweaks an 11 lapper could be on the cards:thumbsup:

Now to stop the diff slipping so I can get the power down as I want. I Wonder if we'll see 12 laps at the next all day meeting.

dibble34 07-08-2011 06:31 PM

Was a great day. Gonna keep working on my XX4 in preparation for it's come back :). Durango was awesome though, or at least by my standards :).

Crash 07-08-2011 07:01 PM

the 11 car 2wd final was good fun - even if i had to battle my way back to 4th from the back after a schoolboy error on the table-top.

Brushed motor power lives another day!! haha

SteveB 07-08-2011 09:00 PM

Ben, sounds like the monkey was good, not sure how the track reflects in times since it has been opened up in places. What was dan b times in 4wd? How close to 12 laps?
Will be running 4wd for next meet, so will see if a 12 is possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by racingben (Post 536897)
Well what an improvement! I just copied the setup straight over from the rat to the monkey and it was so much easier to drive!

Almost a shame that the chicane has been reprofiled. Would have been interesting to see the improvement on exactly the same track.

How much did the layout adjustment affect others fastest laps? My best lap with the rat at the last all dayer was 28.25. This time it was 27.5! My average in my tq run 11 laps in 310.something was 28.25.

I know the chicane is wider now but I was thinking 3 tenths faster?

I'll add the setup to the sticky on this forum.

Definitely going to run the carisma in 4wd next time. With some more tweaks an 11 lapper could be on the cards:thumbsup:

Now to stop the diff slipping so I can get the power down as I want. I Wonder if we'll see 12 laps at the next all day meeting.


racingben 08-08-2011 03:51 AM

Not sure on 4wd times.

Iirc tq was a 11 306 in 4wd at the last all day meeting?

3.5 seconds worth of lap time removed over race distance - will be close!

jpmatrix 08-08-2011 07:45 AM

although i had a mare with my monkey with the steering Playing up in the final, i really enjoyed Sundays racing especially having 11 cars in the final. It definitely increased the fun factor.

The extension on the rostrum really has helped. Even with 11 people up there, there was plenty of elbow room.

lordnikon 08-08-2011 08:34 AM

Got to agree, althought only my second time down i was alittle put off after the all dayer personally. However yesterday was 100% better and much more chilled out. Will defo be down again and sort out my membership too.

Just need to relearn how to drive quickly now :blush: lol

dibble34 08-08-2011 07:14 PM

I can't tell what has changed however i do think the track is quicker. My best on the day was 11 laps in 5:14, previous to that it was 11 in 5:23. I had made some changes and had a faster motor which could account for some of that, but not all. At a guess i would say the changes are worth around 5 seconds.

DHB 08-08-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 536861)
Another top morning of very close racing :thumbsup: I'll get you next time Dan :D

okay mate, do you want me to drive with my eyes shut to help:p

jpmatrix 09-08-2011 06:15 AM

monkey setup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by racingben (Post 536897)
Well what an improvement! I just copied the setup straight over from the rat to the monkey and it was so much easier to drive!

Almost a shame that the chicane has been reprofiled. Would have been interesting to see the improvement on exactly the same track.

How much did the layout adjustment affect others fastest laps? My best lap with the rat at the last all dayer was 28.25. This time it was 27.5! My average in my tq run 11 laps in 310.something was 28.25.

I know the chicane is wider now but I was thinking 3 tenths faster?

I'll add the setup to the sticky on this forum.

Definitely going to run the carisma in 4wd next time. With some more tweaks an 11 lapper could be on the cards:thumbsup:

Now to stop the diff slipping so I can get the power down as I want. I Wonder if we'll see 12 laps at the next all day meeting.

Youre car was definitely dialed into the track. I agree, the track is a bit faster I managed to get a 29.38 which I know is slow by your standards but is an improvement for me.
Will you by any chance post up your setup by Sunday as I like to copy / try your set up and see if it makes any difference :D

Cheers

James

RobW 09-08-2011 08:14 AM

Track was definitely slightly quicker - I managed to scrape onto a 11 lapper for the first time despite not having a very good morning (too many self inflicted driving errors) and Jack got his first 10 lapper. I reckon it is around 0.5 sec a lap quicker based on our improvements.

Oddly enough I did my best run just after the first brief rain shower - I reckon the rain was just enough to dampen down any dust.

Rob

racingben 09-08-2011 10:18 AM

Monkey setup now on the sticky.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com