oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Durango (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   listening to customers? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80213)

captainlip 10-09-2011 08:05 PM

listening to customers?
 
How do you find durango standing by their listening to their customers rule?

Im very suprised to find the new durango without a huge change from previous versions, things such as an improved thicker wing, alu servo saver to name a couple of things most people have to replace and requested from durango

I like the idea of the one durango model with a route to upgrade to alu parts, but for us full fat 410 owners, if I was to buy a V3 id be massively downgrading spec of my car, and as for upgrades from a full fat with big bores im limited to HD Balls, Flexi System, D Joint Mid shaft, a measely £60 worth of bits, not considering the machined diff rings either.

I was expecting to spend loads on upgrades! The Hex is something im concerned about having so many wheels Id need to replace, does it justify it?

Have I missed the point here or are durango focusing on aiming the new V3 at racers who dont own a durango yet? as for us owners already wheres the need to sell a full fat just to "downgrade"?

Dazzler 10-09-2011 08:12 PM

Isn't it a good thing that you don't need a pocket full of cash to chase the latest release?

There is nothing on the new car really that is essential..

captainlip 10-09-2011 08:20 PM

Im suprised not to see an alu servo saver and a stronger wing.

I think its odd that they couldnt push their current customer base more, but as adam says theres still more to come.

Andyp 10-09-2011 08:23 PM

I recon they have it about right really. I do own a Durango already, I will prob buy one so I have all the new bits , I will just swap bits from my now car to make it how I want it . My car at the mo could do with a few bits to freshen it up / replace worn bits, I think off the top of my head a full set of drive shafts is around £100 so with other bits I will need it's better to buy a new car !

As for some one new to Durango the price is very good which will sway people to buy. They will also be the "bling" bits to add for the people who are into that stuff.

Andyp 10-09-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 552084)
Im suprised not to see an alu servo saver and a stronger wing.

Keep it off it's roof !

JohnM 10-09-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 552075)
How do you find durango standing by their listening to their customers rule?

Im very suprised to find the new durango without a huge change from previous versions, things such as an improved thicker wing, alu servo saver to name a couple of things most people have to replace and requested from durango

I like the idea of the one durango model with a route to upgrade to alu parts, but for us full fat 410 owners, if I was to buy a V3 id be massively downgrading spec of my car, and as for upgrades from a full fat with big bores im limited to HD Balls, Flexi System, D Joint Mid shaft, a measely £60 worth of bits, not considering the machined diff rings either.

I was expecting to spend loads on upgrades! The Hex is something im concerned about having so many wheels Id need to replace, does it justify it?

Have I missed the point here or are durango focusing on aiming the new V3 at racers who dont own a durango yet? as for us owners already wheres the need to sell a full fat just to "downgrade"?

Am I getting this right, your moaning that a new car is coming out, but it won't cost you the earth to get the car you have now up to a higher spec then the new kit?

To me, little changes that retro fit on to my now 2 year old car, is much better/easier then trying to get a whole new kit passed the wife.

If the need to keep spening money on new bits is what you need Phil, swap over to Schumacher, there's always half a new car just a few weeks away;)

Saying that, I was one who wanted a stronger wing, don't remember going through so many before.

Dazzler 10-09-2011 08:40 PM

It looks like they have listened..and learnt a lot and passed all of the research on to customers as a cost saving..

The car has had a good amount of cost taken out without detriment to the operation etc. Infact, it is more representative of what people have been doing to their full fat cars. Eg plastic side guards.

Some of the items you mention, I believe are upgrades for old and new cars alike..

Cheer up Phil, it's all good :thumbsup:

captainlip 10-09-2011 08:41 PM

Im just suprised there isnt "more" :thumbsup:

Adam Skelding 10-09-2011 09:58 PM

@captainlip
I'm not sure I fully understand your points about the new car.
What we did was to take the cars that our drivers use and make the car more cost effective for someone to go out and buy
Where else can you get a car on the market as spec'd as ours for the price.
Yes we could have thrown every bit of bling and option part at the car, but then the car would be way too overpriced and I guess people would have complained.
In essence what we did was strip the car to it's bear racing bones and then leave it upto the customer to 'hop up' the car for there particular racing.

As for the centre driveshafts and new cup. They are two new part numbers. They stop the centre driveshaft popping out under extreme circumstances when using the plastic/plastic combo.

V3 kits are also supplied with the old cone washer and spacer so you can use old wheels. The hex simply replaces the vine and washer.

New saver arm will be out soon.

Unfortunately we can't give every customer their perfect car, we just aimed for the masses at a price that everyone can afford.

coleman758 10-09-2011 10:06 PM

I do know what Phil is saying. The new car is aimed at the new Durango driver. As i understand there is a V3 & V3R available.

Why not have the V3 with all the extras and the V3R with the normal "Budget" parts.

Also on a side note, when do you expect the new shell to be available on its own?

sime46 10-09-2011 10:19 PM

You'll never please everybody and some people will never be happy. The car was and is awesome. I dont see much to complain about. Its too expensive one minute, then its too cheap! Its perfectly racable out of the box. Everything else is down to users choice. Why moan? If it came fully blinged and cost £500 you'd moan. It now only costs £260 and still you complain. What do you want? Unbeleivable!

Big G 10-09-2011 10:43 PM

you wouldn't really be downgrading a 2010 car in fairness.

The alu servo mount is hardly an upgrade. Granted the steering rack piece gives you an extra hole for ackerman adjustments.

Plastic pods could be seen as an upgrade to DEX410 owners since they make the car a bit easier to drive in certain conditions.

New rear suspension holder is an upgrade allowing finer adjustment over the 0-2-4 pieces we had previously. I see a "3" on the photos.

re-designed motor mount can't really be commented on as a downgrade either. fair enough half of it is plastic.

Never really had a problem with wings. I've only killed 2 in 10 months of owning my DEX410 which isn't bad going since I race every week and most weekends. Like someone said keep it off it's roof lol.

Tresrey alu servo arm will be transferable no doubt to the new version.

Bungleaio 11-09-2011 07:01 AM

I don't understand you lip, you either sing durango's praises saying they are the best thing ever or you slag them off massively.

Does anyone know if it's possible to hide posts so I don't have to see any more of this drivel?

captainlip 11-09-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungleaio (Post 552168)
I don't understand you lip, you either sing durango's praises saying they are the best thing ever or you slag them off massively.

Does anyone know if it's possible to hide posts so I don't have to see any more of this drivel?

I'm sorry but there is no Durango slagging off or moaning here :eh?: i was asking for other people's opinions on the new spec now we have a better idea, where the slagging and moaning comes from I'd like to know :confused:

Adam F 11-09-2011 07:52 AM

+1 for hiding peoples posts... That would be great.

The only negative of owning the Durango is having to read moronic threads like this....

captainlip 11-09-2011 08:17 AM

Another person unable to read correctly and perceive what this thread is on about! Epic fail from you two! Get the thread back to what it was intended to.

Adam F 11-09-2011 08:31 AM

I can read fine, just sick of reading such rubbish... and always from the same source....

captainlip 11-09-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x313 (Post 552193)
I can read fine, just sick of reading such rubbish... and always from the same source....

If you say so... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

team n.o.m.a.d 11-09-2011 10:10 AM

im jus glad that the new car hasnt changed alot so i can still keep old version and upgrade parts if i want without buying a whole new car,so thumbs up for me:thumbsup:

captainlip 11-09-2011 10:21 AM

everything gets a thumbs up from me :thumbsup: I just think its more focused towards new buyers. I like the sound of the things to come. :thumbsup:

wacattack 11-09-2011 10:23 AM

As soon as I started to click to open this thread I was asking myself why I was reading something started by Captainlip. After reading this, I wish I listened to my inner voice!

AfroP 11-09-2011 11:21 AM

"I'm Surprised there isn't more"

Well technically we don't know what more may be coming. Adam has said that there are option parts coming for the car and what's to say those bits may not include a new type of wing?

I can see why the V3 has been done slightly scaled down, in order to appeal to a wider market and be more competitive in terms of pricing.
I know that with the current 410R and full fat 410 there are essential upgrade that most drivers will say you need to do before racing, stronger ballcups, carbon shock mounts, diff seals etc
so the car has never been out the box race ready the way that others are, but with the V3 it seems to me that the car is now out the box race ready and at a much more competitive price.

andys 11-09-2011 06:23 PM

I'd agree the new car appears to be aimed towards new Durango customers & it's price will no doubt tempt many to switch from other brands.

Shame there's not a lot for existing Durango drivers, I think I'll settle for the £10 HD ball cups :) I'll no doubt get the shiny flex brace thing too at some point.

captainlip 11-09-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys (Post 552371)
I'd agree the new car appears to be aimed towards new Durango customers & it's price will no doubt tempt many to switch from other brands.

Shame there's not a lot for existing Durango drivers, I think I'll settle for the £10 HD ball cups :) I'll no doubt get the shiny flex brace thing too at some point.

this was the point of the thread, glad to see some can understand common english :thumbsup:

Ross 11-09-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacattack (Post 552231)
As soon as I started to click to open this thread I was asking myself why I was reading something started by Captainlip. After reading this, I wish I listened to my inner voice!


LOL :thumbsup::thumbsup:

caneye 12-09-2011 12:02 AM

i wonder what the b44 guys thought when b44.1 was release.

hmmm ... i think .. "I'm Surprised there isn't more"

:D:bored:

Col 12-09-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caneye (Post 552557)
i wonder what the b44 guys thought when b44.1 was release.

hmmm ... i think .. "I'm Surprised there isn't more"

:D:bored:

I thought hmmmmm..... haven't changed motor all year so I don't need the motor mount, don't need V2 shocks. Bonus! Muchos penny's saved!

caneye 12-09-2011 03:57 AM

and i would totally agree with you!
in fact .. i think a lot of current DEX410 owners would feel the same too.

old-man 12-09-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caneye (Post 552557)
i wonder what the b44 guys thought when b44.1 was release.

hmmm ... i think .. "I'm Surprised there isn't more"

:D:bored:

I was only up by 1 decimal - so proportional expectations, but Durango was up a whole number - expectations is supposedly be a lot higher too. ;)

It should have been called DEX410V2.2 instead.

jkclifford 12-09-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old-man (Post 552571)
I was only up by 1 decimal - so proportional expectations, but Durango was up a whole number - expectations is supposedly be a lot higher too. ;)

It should have been called DEX410V2.2 instead.

or 410R plus

jkclifford 12-09-2011 09:41 AM

Seems like alot of people have got the hump because new customers are going to get the most competitive dex out the box at a very good price. And they have spend fortunes on stuff you don't really need.

Big G 12-09-2011 10:07 AM

can't say I've got the hump at all. I did spend £450 on my car and it's helped me get my F2 this year. Sure the same car is now £299, but I don't have any beef with TD over it.

I'll be buying a V3 as I've always wanted a 2nd car to run at club rather than changing my settings every weekend and then back again on Tuesdays.

andys 12-09-2011 10:35 AM

Personally i'm just really glad I bought a full fat 410 - one of the last batch for sensible money :) We all like the shiny alloy bits really and they are expensive to buy on their own...

One thing is for sure TD have an amazing product, now at an amazing price.

captainlip 12-09-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys (Post 552696)
Personally i'm just really glad I bought a full fat 410 - one of the last batch for sensible money :) We all like the shiny alloy bits really and they are expensive to buy on their own...

One thing is for sure TD have an amazing product, now at an amazing price.

I agree, those who got the full fat cheap got a cracking deal!

Jnunu1 12-09-2011 11:33 AM

worth the move?
 
If I got a V3 how much would I need to spend (& on what) to make it "competative" at club level?

Level 1 £0 - £20

Level 2 £25- £50

Level 3 £50 - £100

Perhaps one for Mr Skelding?

Chris Doughty 12-09-2011 12:08 PM

out of the box, the spec of the car should be competitive on any level!

Big G 12-09-2011 12:26 PM

you wouldn't need to spend anything for the car to be competitive.

JohnM 12-09-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G (Post 552759)
you wouldn't need to spend anything for the car to be competitive.

Not quite true, you need to spend about £20 on some tyres and inserts:p

Jnunu1 12-09-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G (Post 552759)
you wouldn't need to spend anything for the car to be competitive.

Cheers Big G - I guess after that its down to "wants" and "bling" - although there do seem to be 2 camps in 'Rango land - those who say that you do "need" things and those that don't.

Perhaps this was down to some of the issues on the original one - ball cups, diff housings?

Dazzler 12-09-2011 02:25 PM

They were things like the alloy front hinge pin hanger, when buying the R spec kit. These are on the V3. So a slightly different beast.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com