oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   R/C Graphy! (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Getting back to it! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82737)

gingapaint 10-10-2011 02:18 PM

Getting back to it!
 
3 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,
After a bit of a break and just doing the odd bits and pieces for friends, i've found myself picking p the brush more often and enjoying it again. Have to say, access to the right products, supplied by RCS Graphic Worx, and advice from Jon have made a big difference too. :thumbsup:

Anyway, as i've been merrily painting away, thought it rude not to share.
Comments and criticism welcome, but be gentle! lol!

gingapaint 10-10-2011 02:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
few more.....

gingapaint 10-10-2011 02:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and some sneaky non-RC work..... :blush:

gainsy 10-10-2011 02:32 PM

That is some fine work there :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Love the first 1 :D

Chris Green 10-10-2011 04:09 PM

loving the stop it and tidy up work! What are they though?

What is all the non-rc stuff in fact? decals?

jonmiller 10-10-2011 04:16 PM

hey ginge, too kind buddy:blush:

some great work too dude

:thumbsup:

eyeayen 10-10-2011 05:10 PM

The stars on the first one are ace ! As is the big pink slime on the 2nd post, and I'm lovin' the spikey killer mushroom black and white thing as well as the Stop it and Tidy up characters.

Nice work sir ! Glad you're back into it, it's better when you enjoy doing it !

gingapaint 10-10-2011 05:18 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Cheers for the kind words!
Everything is hand cut and airbrushed, the stoppit and tidyup characters are wheel centres from a show car and the alien board is an engine cover, both for friends cars.

oh and the stars detail was hand cut, then backed up using one of RCS's wicked stencil sets.

DCM 10-10-2011 05:32 PM

Welcome back, I am sure there are people already emailing and pm'ing you!!

gingapaint 10-10-2011 06:17 PM

Lol, there's no mad panic, and I'm happy enough with that!!

U1timate PigDog 10-10-2011 08:44 PM

Loving your work, really top notch especially the non rc stuff. :thumbsup:

gingapaint 11-10-2011 08:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Cheers again :thumbsup:

New airbrush arrived today, so i went out to the booth for a play, as i had this shell already liquid masked up....

All hand cut and painted as ever..... enjoy!!

smarkham 11-10-2011 08:38 PM

Awesome work I hope I can paint like this one day :thumbsup:

jonmiller 11-10-2011 08:49 PM

lookin sharp chris :thumbsup:

gingapaint 11-10-2011 08:58 PM

Cheers!!
Jon, need to give you a wee shout tomorrow lad!!

jonmiller 11-10-2011 09:17 PM

do it now mate if it's urgent, got alot on tomorrow so may not be as quick to respond as usual

gingapaint 12-10-2011 04:39 AM

It's never 'urgent'!! Sounds like stress, that!! :p

simoncrabb 12-10-2011 07:33 AM

Welcome back Chris ;-)

gingapaint 12-10-2011 08:19 AM

'bout ye!!! ;) cheers Simon.

Mike Parker 12-10-2011 11:45 AM

Eyup Chris :)
Nice work as always, not seen your work for ages mate and it's good to see ya throwing some paint down again :thumbsup:

gingapaint 12-10-2011 12:22 PM

Hi Mike, thanks. There'll still not be that much of the work about, I'm limiting myself to 4 or 5 bodies a month. I have to see the family at some point!
Everything is updated and kept fairly lively on the FB page, and when I've spaces available for custom work, it's announced there. :)

gingapaint 14-10-2011 06:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
New colour scheme for Al Bickerstaff, pending approval this weekend!

with my own version of "stance dog" in the background...... :p

U1timate PigDog 14-10-2011 07:36 AM

Very nice indeed :thumbsup:

Alan - South West RC 14-10-2011 08:20 AM

Nice work. Sent a PM as looking to get a couple of shells painted.

eyeayen 14-10-2011 06:09 PM

That's lookin' sweet dude, very very cool, lots of nice styles done well in one shell, good show piece !

tc3nitro 15-10-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingapaint (Post 566699)
New colour scheme for Al Bickerstaff, pending approval this weekend!

with my own version of "stance dog" in the background...... :p

I always love Alan's shell's and these new ones look awesome !

Mark

gingapaint 15-10-2011 03:52 PM

Cheers Mark, as per a discussion last night, they're gonna change again! Not too much,
But enough of a difference.
We were going through his old stuff last night and the evolution is quite interesting to see!

gingapaint 23-10-2011 08:22 AM

Things I should have said yesterday..... Doing a real time update and photos thread on my Facebook site at the moment (www.facebook.com/gingapaint) masking steps all done last night, will be painting and posting tonight after 6. Might be interesting for anyone who wants to know how to do it, or just how much work goes into a 'simple' shell.
Rob, you might want to check it out, it's your shell!! Lol!! :p

cheekyscouse 23-10-2011 09:22 PM

some stunning work here, i enjoyed the facebook real time too, turned out nice mate :thumbsup:

gingapaint 23-10-2011 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'ello.. Real time paint job all done. can be seen on the page if anyone wants.

finished article is here :)

and stance furby too..... :thumbsup:

eyeayen 23-10-2011 10:03 PM

Nicely done Chris, very cool.

On Photo 7 of 50 you've put...
Quote:

Fluro section of mask removed and dusted with 2 coats of RCS liquid mask.... You don't want to see the bottle again, do you? ;)
Do you mean 2 coats of Body Prep ? I'm sure you did :lol:

Anyway, nice little tutorial and good neat design :thumbsup: how long do you reckon start to finish ?

jonmiller 23-10-2011 10:06 PM

Lookin good Chris :)
I have often thought of having a web cam in the booth linked to my site..
Although I figure clientel may be somewhat disturbed by the Stella consuming, rave beats and tribalistic dancing that is undertaken whilst painting their shells.

:woot:

eyeayen 23-10-2011 10:09 PM

I think that's all part of being a painter Jon :lol: My clients would have had a fit if they'd been able to watch my workshop, turning up at about 10 am...ish, working until 4am, it would have been like watching big brother for them :thumbdown:

jonmiller 23-10-2011 11:02 PM

if it is at all like big brother in my booth...come and set fire to it now, while i'm still in it!

:woot:

gingapaint 24-10-2011 06:22 AM

Yeah, I meant body prep at that point.... Going stir crazy obviously!
I couldn't do the webcam thing, far too many obscenities! Lol.

I did it in real time to show the time and effort that goes into a fairly simple body, I've not totted it up, but probably 5-6 hours I think?

Best thing I bought for the booth, noise cancelling earphones! Lol :thumbsup:

gingapaint 26-10-2011 11:25 AM

There's a wee sneaky special offer on the Facebook site if anyone needs stuff done ;)

Martin Wallace 26-10-2011 05:04 PM

shells
 
ah nice to see your back after this time, i might get my 2 shells back i sent you.

let me think...that must be a good 8 years ago now......emailed and such and no replays.:thumbdown:

gingapaint 26-10-2011 06:47 PM

Really? Drop me a pm and I'll see if I can figure out what/how and see how it can be rectified. Can only apologise!!

gingapaint 02-11-2011 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeeooooo... back in the both tonight, something properly quick for Al, needed for the weekend :)

gingapaint 06-11-2011 10:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Another night in the booth has seen a shell completed for Martin Wallace.

Excuse the pics, the better half is visiting her mom and took the camera with her.... :yawn:

Anywho...


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com