oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   North West (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Saturday 10/03/12 Emergency Meeting (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95962)

woOdy 13-03-2012 09:15 AM

Saturday 10/03/12 Emergency Meeting
 
Minutes for BRCA North-West Region 10/03/2012
Present: Stuart Wood - North-West BRCA Rep, Roger Wood - Bury Metro Buggy Club Sec, Simon Larkin - Southport Chairman, Stuart Jones - South Lakes Chairman

Appologies: Stephen Lawson - Batley Chairman



Confirmed dates - see Oople for any updates:

22nd April - Southport 2wd
6th May - Bury 4wd
20th May - South Lakes 2wd
24th June - Bury 2wd
8th July - Southport 4wd
19th Aug - South Lakes 4wd

We are going to look for another Club/track that will hold another 2 dates for a 2wd and 4wd race also and we are in talks with NNRC, PRCC and Mould.
This will be confirmed at a later date.

Pre-booking - Carl Latham has offered to organise and control a central booking system but this needs to be confirmed with Carl. We can not afford to pay Carl but we can give him FOC racing for the Region. We will be looking into payment before the meeting and a closing date of the Monday before the event at 12 midnight. If a driver cancels before the closing date they will receive a full refund but after the closing date they will not. PayPal and Sage pay to be looked into by Stu Wood. If a driver wants to pay CASH then the driver has to pay there own club before the closing date. Once again, things to be confirmed.

Marshals - ALL must wear a bib provided by the club holding the event and this is COMPULSARY!!!!!!! Penalties to be given if not worn!!!!!This is a MUST.
We are also going to trial a new referee system and it is down to the mashals to watch over the track and the drivers conduct on the rostrum. After the race 'IF' there has been any issues then the marshal comes to a designated person from the club to report. Also, if drivers have issues with the marshals, please report to designated person on the day.

Scrutineering - We are bringing back this due to controlling the turn around time of drivers to marshals.
After the driver finishes there race, they put there car into Scrutineering and then go straight to marshal. After they marshal, collect cars and go back to pits.
Scrutineering will follow guidlines to BRCA rules.

Trophies - We are going to have one BIG trophy per class for the winner of the series to allow there names to be put onto the trophy to keep for 12 months and given back.
Also trophies for 1st,2nd and 3rd place for each class and a 1st place trophy for the under 16's in each class to keep. This is to be organised by Simon Larkin of Southport Club.

Also I have organised for the highest UNSPONSORED driver in each class to receive a 'B' Drive off Horizon Hobbies for the following year and for the top UNSPONSORED driver in the under 16's.
I have organised raffle prizes for each round from CML, RC Disco and HPI. This might not be much but its more than we could of thought.


Thanks
Stu Wood
North West BRCA Rep




Chrislong 13-03-2012 10:35 AM

Good work Stu, Carl and clubs involved. Looks very possitive :thumbsup:

TonyM 13-03-2012 12:06 PM

Well done guys - looking very positive for the new season.

mikeyscott 13-03-2012 12:16 PM

I know it's not my region, but the top unsponsored driver aspect is a brilliant idea!

cwp 13-03-2012 12:58 PM

Everthing else is great news but I'm not happy with only getting three meeting for one class,as I only have 2 wd..

burgie 13-03-2012 01:23 PM

Why reinvent the wheel regards booking in?

Central Booking in exists already, so why not use that?

MikePimlott 13-03-2012 01:36 PM

Great News Woody,

Well done all involved. And thank you.

footey 13-03-2012 01:47 PM

is it all 3 to count for the series

MikePimlott 13-03-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgie (Post 631876)
Why reinvent the wheel regards booking in?

Central Booking in exists already, so why not use that?

With the new format of 2wd and 4wd on seperate days i dont think pre booking is necessary!

The over subscription problem has been resolved. :thumbsup:

woOdy 13-03-2012 02:01 PM

Just to clarify what I have put at the top.
We will be having a central booking system.Not open yet as it is only 2 days old.
We will be seperating 2wd and 4wd.
I am looking for another track to hold another round due to Batley dropping out.

The first round at Southport has already got alot of bookings for 2wd but if you are booked in 4wd then this is not going to happen.
If you wish to change your booking to 2wd then please contact the club.
Hopefully after the first round the central booking will be live. You will pay on the day of the first round only.

I do apologise for all of this but it is very late in the year already and yes this should of been done already.

Thanks
Stu

woOdy 13-03-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footey (Post 631897)
is it all 3 to count for the series

All depends on if I can get another club to run a round mate.

woOdy 13-03-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePimlott (Post 631898)
With the new format of 2wd and 4wd on seperate days i dont think pre booking is necessary!

The over subscription problem has been resolved. :thumbsup:

You would think this Mike but Southport have 9 heats pre booked of 2wd so who knows what will happen.

budfish 13-03-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footey (Post 631897)
is it all 3 to count for the series

I hope not I only race 4wd and I'm away for one of the dates:cry:

There's a moral to this story "be carefull what you wish for":mad:

Oscar 13-03-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woOdy (Post 631907)
I am looking for another track to hold another round due to Batley dropping out.
Thanks
Stu

Stu, will the region be in a position to confirm this and also the new date, prior to the first round?

I ask as the location and the date may be an important factor for anyone who is thinking of committing to the series.

DanW 13-03-2012 05:06 PM

Good work on grabbing the bull by the horns and trying to sort the regional scenario out. But I don't think the outcome is so positive. Its only my personal opinion, and whatever gets decided will (especially at short notice) will always upset half of the people, its a bit of a no win situation.

:thumbsup: What I think is good is pre-booking, pre-payment and no refunds for no shows.

However on the negative side.... looking at round one pre entries only about 40% of drivers enter both classes and about 60% of drivers enter a single class only.

:thumbdown: So some of the 2-class drivers (40% of entires) get an easier day with more relaxed timescale and better availibilty. But on the flip side the single class drivers (that account for 60% of entries) get their series slashed from 6 meetings to 3 ???

It seems the majority are losing out here?

As I say just my opinion, and maybe the new schedule will encourage more people to do 2 classes etc.

woOdy 13-03-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanW (Post 631972)
Good work on grabbing the bull by the horns and trying to sort the regional scenario out. But I don't think the outcome is so positive. Its only my personal opinion, and whatever gets decided will (especially at short notice) will always upset half of the people, its a bit of a no win situation.

:thumbsup: What I think is good is pre-booking, pre-payment and no refunds for no shows.

However on the negative side.... looking at round one pre entries only about 40% of drivers enter both classes and about 60% of drivers enter a single class only.

:thumbdown: So some of the 2-class drivers (40% of entires) get an easier day with more relaxed timescale and better availibilty. But on the flip side the single class drivers (that account for 60% of entries) get their series slashed from 6 meetings to 3 ???

It seems the majority are losing out here?

As I say just my opinion, and maybe the new schedule will encourage more people to do 2 classes etc.

Yes totally Dan but if you take me for an example, I dont run 2 classes in one day. I will be doing both classes now so there is more drivers already. How many other drivers only race one class per day?
Also you have to think of the big series you have at Southport as a club and I dont want to effect that in any way so the dates are very slim and I can only do so much.
Like I have already said, I am trying to find other clubs which will hold an event but this all takes time and I will get there. Promise.:thumbsup:

DanW 13-03-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woOdy (Post 631975)
Yes totally Dan but if you take me for an example, I dont run 2 classes in one day. I will be doing both classes now so there is more drivers already. How many other drivers only race one class per day?
Also you have to think of the big series you have at Southport as a club and I dont want to effect that in any way so the dates are very slim and I can only do so much.
Like I have already said, I am trying to find other clubs which will hold an event but this all takes time and I will get there. Promise.:thumbsup:

Stu - It was just my 2p worth. Getting the clubs around a table and getting some oranisation in place is a big step forward. With regards the format I fully appreciate that you are in a complete no win situation, too many drivers, not enough clubs, not enough dates in the year.

Squeezing an extra round of each in might make all the difference and as you say more drivers may now do both classes.

Only time will tell :p

Si Coe 13-03-2012 06:52 PM

If you can't get another club for the two extra dates would it not make the most sense to give Southport say an extra 2wd meet, and Bury an extra 4wd just to make the 8 (4x2) meetings.
That way you can set dates for those rounds and let people know they will happen, and we can just alter the venue if someone else wants to come onboard.


Basically I like the decision. Its not ideal, but the fact is you can't please everyone. What it most definitely is is clear evidence that things are moving and changes being made and that is great news already.

Now having said I wasn't going to race do I book in for Southport 2wd or not?????

MikePimlott 13-03-2012 06:57 PM

I was thinking the same about a 4th venue Si but draw the names out if a hat for which club gets an extra 2WD and an extra 4WD round.

sly 13-03-2012 07:02 PM

Me and stu are on the case with a 4th venue, I'm going tomorrow to visit one.

Evo_Snr 13-03-2012 07:11 PM

Bookings so far for Round 1
If your not on the list and want to book in then email :-
[email protected] also if you are on the list and not doing the meeting then please let us know before the event.
Bookings for Round 1 2wd Northwest Regional 22/04/2012
1. Chris Evison
2. Matthew Latham
3. Joel Maher
4. Codi Jones
5. Simon Larkin
6. Allister Sharp
7. Stuart Jones
8. Scott Walker
9. Stuart Evans
10. Philip Brown
11. Nick Caro
12. Alan Reeves
13. Colin May
14. Paul James Crawford
15. Andrew Rochell (un-booked 3/4/12)
16. Tony Mulligan
17. Aidan Burke
18. Tommy Tansley
19. John Nolan
20. Nick Cox
21. James Dean
22. Richard Dean
23. Harry Sayle
24. James Burgess
25. Chris Cherry
26. Rob McLaurin
27. Steve Connolly
28. Danny Cross
29. Tim Rawcliffe
30. Ian Joyner
31. Adam Perei
32. Wayne Perei
33. Steven Ball
34. Wesley Davis
35. Andy Newbound
36. Richard Dewhurst
37. Mark Sutcliffe
38. Chris Sutcliffe
39. James McFadyean(un-booked 19/3/12 now doing NE)
40. Isaac McFadyean (un-booked 19/3/12 now doing NE)
41. Howard Walden
42. Lee Chorley
43. John Kirkman
44. Derek Mclarney
45. Conner Cocker
46. Robert Brazendale
47. Rob Stanway
48. Matthew Bateson
49. James Hirst (un-booked 17/3/12 now doing NE)
50. Jack Hirst ( un-booked 17/3/12 Now doing NE)
51. Tony Parr
52. Ashley Fensom
53. Terry Fensom
54. Dan Webster
55. Tom Gutteridge
56. Andy Shillito (unbooked 15/3/12 now doing NE)
57. Lee Washington
58. Chris Taylor
59. Gareth Morgan
60. Reece Costello
61. James Dixon
62. Luke Holdsworth
63. Josh Holdsworth
64. Shane Foot
65. Len Foot
66. John Price
67. Kevin Hodkinson
68. Stuart Hurley
69. James Wilkinson
70. Carl Greenbank
71. Gary Ennis
72. Craig Flynn
73. Tom Pattison
74. Ian Pattison
75. Stuart Wood
76. Tim Clark
77. Andy Grason
78. Isaac Peel
79. Lee Fraser(un-booked 25/3/12 now doing NE)
80. John Clements
81. Mike Pimlott
82. Barry Drinkwater (un-booked 1/4/12)
83. Chris Donelly
84. Colin Gill (un-booked 19/3/12 now doing NE)
85. Thomas Gill (un-booked 19/3/12 now doing NE)
86. Steve Cockerell (un-booked 19/3/12 now doing NE)
87. Stephen Dewhurst
88. Mike Bradbury
89. Guy Dickinson
90. Aaron Leven
91. Neil Worsley
92. Darren Wales
93. Gavin Lloyd-Jones
94. Donald Lloyd-Jones
95. Mark Smith
96. Lloyd Hughes
97. Will Birkin.
98. Mark Steel Snr
99. Anthony Steel
100. Dean Washington
101. Graham North
102.Chris Burgess
103.Chris Robinson
104.Wayne Stockbridge
105. Tim McQueen
106. Lee Holden
107. Dave Scouse
108. Paul Smith
109. Chris Douglas
110.Les Pearce
111.Phil Tennant
112. Rob Mills
Total Bookings so far = 101
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

burgie 13-03-2012 07:42 PM

Aren't PRCC and Mould 1/8th clubs? Who is NNRC? I don't recognise those initials?

DanW 13-03-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgie (Post 632046)
Aren't PRCC and Mould 1/8th clubs? Who is NNRC? I don't recognise those initials?

1/8th Nitro track in Krkham... http://www.nnrc.info/

losichris 13-03-2012 08:52 PM

didnt the NW series only consist of southport and bury a few years back, can they not take another date each? so its going to be best 2 of 4 rounds to count :eh?:

MikePimlott 13-03-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgie (Post 632046)
Aren't PRCC and Mould 1/8th clubs? Who is NNRC? I don't recognise those initials?

NNRC is a 8th scale purpose built astro track, maybe bit big for 10th but theres tonnes of options for track layout

PRCC again is 8th but they have an astro track and a grass track. Maybe a small layout on the grass or again lay a 10th friendly layout on the astro

Im not sure about Mold mate.

burgie 14-03-2012 08:25 AM

Thanks Mike - I am not sure about 1/10 on 1/8th tracks, but willing to give it a try if a round happens to be at one of those tracks.

Ian_lawton 14-03-2012 10:52 AM

is there still a club in pendle? http://www.pdmcc.co.uk/ again i know this is 1/8th just giving you another option :)

MikePimlott 14-03-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgie (Post 632210)
Thanks Mike - I am not sure about 1/10 on 1/8th tracks, but willing to give it a try if a round happens to be at one of those tracks.

We did it in the Mid West at stoke nitro and it worked quite well.

FTQ was only 8 laps though, lol. (joke)

woOdy 14-03-2012 11:32 AM

Already on the case guys with all above. I am 1 step a head. :woot:

birdy 14-03-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePimlott (Post 632131)
NNRC is a 8th scale purpose built astro track, maybe bit big for 10th but theres tonnes of options for track layout

PRCC again is 8th but they have an astro track and a grass track. Maybe a small layout on the grass or again lay a 10th friendly layout on the astro

Im not sure about Mold mate.


NNRC are starting a fresh with the track and astro through April, at the last AGM at NNRC they were keen to make the track work for both 10th & 8th with a number of different layout options.

Am sure Stu is talking to them.

sly 14-03-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woOdy (Post 632276)
Already on the case guys with all above. I am 1 step a head. :woot:

I`ll be going tomorrow night with my mini8 to see if the 4th venue is suitable for us lot to play toy cars on.:thumbsup:

Evo_Snr 14-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePimlott (Post 632260)
We did it in the Mid West at stoke nitro and it worked quite well.

FTQ was only 8 laps though, lol. (joke)

What's this "WE" :p:p

pugboy 14-03-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo_Snr (Post 632314)
What's this "WE" :p:p

The defectors/traitors, whatever you want to call 'us':thumbsup:

MikePimlott 14-03-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugboy (Post 632381)
The defectors/traitors, whatever you want to call 'us':thumbsup:

"the defectors" is that our clan name :lol:

scotty_big_flip 15-03-2012 12:23 PM

FRCC mite just end up hosting 2 rounds...
.... Watch this space ;)

woOdy 15-03-2012 03:07 PM

I have just had confirmation that Barrow-in-furness will be holding a round of each 2wd and 4wd.
They will be having 4wd on 17th June and 2wd on 9th September.:thumbsup:
Welcome to the North West FRCC.:thumbsup:

MikePimlott 15-03-2012 03:22 PM

Cool :thumbsup:

Is there any information on the new venue ?
The website doesnt give much away

woOdy 15-03-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePimlott (Post 632760)
Cool :thumbsup:

Is there any information on the new venue ?
The website doesnt give much away

Its all BRAND new and I am sure the club will be telling you all about it very soon.:thumbsup:

pugboy 15-03-2012 04:20 PM

Great news, well done lads!:thumbsup:

Northy 15-03-2012 04:48 PM

How many to count Woody? :confused:


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com