oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Martin Achter provisional pole - 2009 IFMAR Worlds (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31771)

jimmy 06-10-2009 10:08 PM

Martin Achter provisional pole - 2009 IFMAR Worlds

Well, the 2009 IFMAR World Championships is already underway and in case you didn't realise - the event isn't attended by most large manufacturers in any capacity - a real shame for the sport which ever way you look at it.
Our man Martin Achter from Germany has been sending some reports and photos back - along with local hero Stefan Fourie.

We've still got some things to finish off on the report before we upload the initial stuff - which we'll then try to keep up to date. Over night going into the final day of the 2WD championship it's Martin Achter in provisional pole position with two round wins with 4/5 of the qualifiers run.

Only Albert Claassens and Australias Craig Laughton can steal the TQ away from Martin. More to come tomorrow - when the new IFMAR World Champion is crowned.

jaans 07-10-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

the event isn't attended by most large manufacturers in any capacity - a real shame for the sport which ever way you look at it.
May I ask, why is this? Is there a reason for this?

bondy 07-10-2009 08:03 AM

Most

Most Worlds will be remembered for the top 10 being seperated by a couple of seconds. :drool:

This one will be remembered for the top 10 being seperated by a couple of laps :lol:

I feel sorry for the guy who win's

losixxx 07-10-2009 08:06 AM

bondy, if you don't enter you can't win it, simple as that!

why feel sorry for someone who's world champion....I would take it however it was given :thumbsup:

IceMike 07-10-2009 08:08 AM

its a shame cos the track does look kewl, i woulnt mind drivin on that

Welshy40 07-10-2009 08:46 AM

I know they like going to Japan and the US all the time but when they do decide to do the world they pick the wrong countries. A monkey could have made a better decision.

I thought I would have some fun today and thought what the heck lets annoy IMAR, I mean I'm no longer doing the nats and havent seriously raced for eight years so wont be qualifying for the worlds so who cares.

So I sent an email to the Ifmar president saying that they are now a laughing stock, and whoever made this decision should be removed. I also said a few more little things just for the heck of it.

losixxx 07-10-2009 09:18 AM

very mature off you welshy!

DCM 07-10-2009 09:22 AM

Such a rebel!!

Welshy40 07-10-2009 09:26 AM

Well someone needs to tell them and im bored at work and need to do something to cheer me up, so why not act like a kid, after all all of us here do as we race toy cars.

sparrow.2 07-10-2009 09:26 AM

Dallas won't really mind your email... The decision for which country to run the worlds in is a rotational one always jumping from one regional organisation to another...

http://www.sarda.org.za/livestream.asp

Live stream for the finals later on :thumbsup:

Nick Goodall 07-10-2009 09:53 AM

Such a shame for the sport - i remember really looking forward to the Worlds everytime but this is a complete joke :thumbdown:

How can it go from being such a big event only 2 years ago to such a poor excuse for a world championship???

Dark day for 1/10th off road whichever way you look at it!

Si Coe 07-10-2009 09:55 AM

Truth be told, it was the FAMAR region that chose the track, and when you consider the options open to them (member countries:Argentina , <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on">Brazil </ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on">Costa Rica </ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on">Mexico </ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on">South Africa </ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on">Uruguay </ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Venezuela ) they were always going to have problems. The Yanks might have gone for Mexico due to being close, but frankly none of the others are significantly 'safer' than SA and would have attracted similar opposition from many. </ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>
<ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on"></ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>
<ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">So what to do? Disallow FAMAR? Seems a bit harsh. </ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>
<ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on"></ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>
<ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">I think the answer is to have a minimum entrants rule. Each block can hold its round whereever it chooses, but it must ensure a minimum field of say 50 drivers to class as a worlds. If international drivers won't come, let the local boys fill up the spaces. If there aren't enough locals to fill the grid, as is the case in SA it appears, why is it a suitable location for the Worlds? Surely a requirement should be some local interest! </ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>
<ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">The fact is we could organise a 'worlds' next week in lets say Dorset, and even at this short notice get more than 17 eligible drivers! 17 is a quiet club meeting! </ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>

GRIFF55 07-10-2009 10:16 AM

Does the UK still put in to hold a worlds? I believe we have one of the stongest countries for this going, would be good me thinks.
NICE WORK JIM, KEEP IT UP MATE!!:thumbsup:

MattW 07-10-2009 11:15 AM

Like has been said before, the worlds rotates through all the IFMAR member blocks. EFRA, FEMCA?(japan etc), FAMAR, ROAR - and I think that's the order as well. So if i have it right, it's USA next time and then EFRA again. If the UK wanted it, BRCA would have to ask for it when it came round to EFRA next.

The last "big" off road race that BRCA held was Euros in Tiverton in something like 04 ish.

jimmy 07-10-2009 11:17 AM

The 'next' worlds is in Vaasa, Finland I thought? So not the USA. Or am I horribly wrong?

Welshy40 07-10-2009 11:17 AM

Ok so yes I would rather race in SA instead of Venezuela, as I was rather scared that I wasnt going to get out alive when I was there. Horrible place due to the mad man of a dictator and his military rule. Every shot you heard was a death and they bullets were flying on the two weeks I was there.

Gonky 07-10-2009 11:44 AM

EFRA in 2011, ROAR in 2013, FEMCA in 2015 and FAMAR in 2017

geerno 07-10-2009 11:52 AM

From Craig Laughton

From Aussie RC Tech

A1

1st craig laughton 14L 308
2nd martin achter 14L 314
3rd albert claassons
4th stefan ippy
5th charlie hollander
6th jaco van eden
7th brandon joint
8th stefan fourie
9th dean steenmans
10th gerrit gouws

Belsten 07-10-2009 12:41 PM

is it just me or is the live streaming not very good ?

Highjumper 07-10-2009 01:20 PM

We had at the Weekend an Indoor Race,and told about the Worlds this year! And we make a yoke,that Martin Achter can be win the Titel! And nopw,maybe he can do this! We will see it. Howe many starter are there! 15 People?.Not so good!

Greets Kim