oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Centro Redundant? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142247)

traffman 31-12-2013 03:41 PM

Centro Redundant?

Where does this leave the Centro now Associated have built a mid motor car.

I love the 4.2 but i am worried that spares availability will dwindle.

Any thoughts , or support out there?

neallewis 31-12-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traffman (Post 826039)
Where does this leave the Centro now Associated have built a mid motor car.

I love the 4.2 but i am worried that spares availability will dwindle.

Any thoughts , or support out there?

Buy a spare centro kit while they are available and cheap: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...4-2-buggy.html

B4 parts will be around for ages. There are just so many of them.

AfroP 31-12-2013 03:48 PM

C4.2 is still a popular car
it will take a good long while for the new car to become the defacto standard
it may well be that people prefer the centro to the B5

its also entirely possible that parts from the B5 will fit the Centro...
Centro with Gullwing arms anyone?

as for parts I doubt you'll have anything to worry about in that respect
based on the popularity of the B4 platform and the market saturation of it in 1 form or another I'm sure AE will keep the spares going a good long while

traffman 31-12-2013 03:53 PM

Cheers guy's , i guess it's just a knee jerk reaction.
My driving style suits 2wd and the Centro is a superb car.

I will not be changing it hopefully for a wee while.

Lee24h 31-12-2013 04:17 PM

Plus if your worried about the gearbox dont its a b5m part

ste_lazzaro 31-12-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee24h (Post 826053)

You sure?
The B5 diff has 14 balls, so probably is bigger than the B4's.
I also read that the intermediate gear (2 gears for the M) is bigger than the previous.
Could this be possible keeping the same tranny case as the C4.2?

Origineelreclamebord 31-12-2013 08:15 PM

The Centro is not redundant: it turns the B4 from a clay munching monster into one that shreds carpet to bits :) The B5M was probably based around the C4.2's geometry, weight balance and to a degree also it's flex characteristics.

If you then start comparing the C4.2 vs. B5M for purchase, drivers that already have a B4 must be tempted to go for a C4.2: not only is the conversion much cheaper than a B5M, but they can't use any of their spares on the B5 because that's metric.

And for people running on a tight budget (regardless of whether they have a B4 yet or not), the value for money is amazing: Cheap donor car (second hand, that is) and cheap and abundant spares for a car that will perform just as well as a B5M.

Jayk 31-12-2013 10:18 PM

Cant see a company just give up because they made a mid motor,your forgetting
The c4 chassis so i assume a c5m or c5 will be carbon fibre and possibly much improve the car once its established.

Swell 01-01-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayk (Post 826145)
Cant see a company just give up because they made a mid motor,your forgetting
The c4 chassis so i assume a c5m or c5 will be carbon fibre and possibly much improve the car once its established.

They were quick to fold the .1

Now the .2 is reduced.... Its fairly clear cml are folding the .2 to me, ?If not you would think some words to instill confidence in there product and its longevity moveing forward.

Saddly as a .1 and .2 owner its just how i see it.

ste_lazzaro 01-01-2014 10:32 AM

To be honest I don't care if the 5M is more fashionable or more new than the C4.2.
They sure are similar in overall geometry and layout, and undoubtedly the 5M is born from the Centro car.
I have the C4.2 and think is a great car.. When I will match the driving ability of big guns like the Ryans I will probably feel the need for something better.
(read: I would probably never feel the difference).. :lol:

racingdwarf 01-01-2014 10:35 AM

think it will end up as "is it a commercially viable to carry on making"? question. The kit it's based on is discontinued, the new b5M maybe as good or better or a little worse but people will move forward with it just look at the RB5 vega and the RB6, is the RB6 far and away better than the RB5 vega? but I see way more RB6's now.

racers move forward, and most want the new stuff (even if it's not as good as the old:lol:)

sadly I agree with some other posts the writing is on the wall so to speak,the small companies mid conversions have had their days, now the big boys have caught up.

Big G 01-01-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee24h (Post 826053)

I actually LOL'd when I read that!

Aire valley 01-01-2014 08:23 PM

I think it is very obvious that the C4.2 and parts for it will cease to be available in the very near future... The kit is already being sold off at a big discount.
Try getting C4.1 parts...gearbox etc.. I am sure the C4.2 will, sadly, go the same way....

Swell 01-01-2014 08:36 PM

Funny thing is the xfactory drivers are not as concerned about the matter,
Im sure thats down to trusting the brand....

Big G 06-01-2014 12:45 PM

C4.2 parts will still be available. Centro plan to release a truck and SC conversion which will use many of the current C4.2 parts such as blocks, gearbox, bulkhead etc. Towers and chassis can still be produced from domestic UK manufacturers on relatively short runs when needed.

You can take this as gospel :)

Hog 06-01-2014 04:32 PM

Centro Short Course eh? Sounds good to me - shall be looking out for that :thumbsup:

RDG 40 06-01-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G (Post 827580)
C4.2 parts will still be available. Centro plan to release a truck and SC conversion which will use many of the current C4.2 parts such as blocks, gearbox, bulkhead etc. Towers and chassis can still be produced from domestic UK manufacturers on relatively short runs when needed.

Tbh thats great news!! i really like the c4.2 and was hoping to not have to change when ive only just bought it.

High and low grip its fantastic and so nice to drive for the average driver like me

Getting parts is a big plus for a car that are readily available

SiR_Dave 07-01-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G (Post 827580)

:thumbsup: What about for us on the other side of the pond..??:cry::confused::cry:

Big G 07-01-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR_Dave (Post 827754)
:thumbsup: What about for us on the other side of the pond..??:cry::confused::cry:

Parts will be available through the www.centro-rc.com website for worldwide despatch.