oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   KYOSHO (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Carbon Top Decks & Battery Braces - **PICS ADDED** Lazer FS/FS2/FS2SP (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79427)

njc11 01-09-2011 09:09 PM

Carbon Top Decks & Battery Braces - **PICS ADDED** Lazer FS/FS2/FS2SP

1 Attachment(s)
Ive had made up carbon fibre top decks just like the ones Tebo and co used at the worlds. They come in 3 pieces..and are made by a reputable company ;)

These will be ideal on slippey surfaces/indoor etc

Who would be interested? I would be looking to sell at about £40 a set.

Start a list if you interested!

If your at the F2's this weekend i will have a set with me..

Nick
:thumbsup:

kek23k 01-09-2011 11:25 PM

Looking good! :D

Gayo 02-09-2011 12:13 AM

Is the car much stiffer with those?

Panic 02-09-2011 04:38 AM

I m interested for a set. Would you ship it overseas? Ie Vancouver canada?:woot:

/tobys 02-09-2011 06:22 AM

Have you run them yet Nick? How do they affect the handling?

Interesting that you say they would be good on slippery surfaces, I would have thought they would be ideal for high grip surfaces...?

I could be interested.

shark 02-09-2011 06:38 AM

Must agree with you there Toby , Id have thought a stiffer car would be better on high grip ?
Do look nice though.

tony12795 02-09-2011 07:41 AM

Put me down for some Nick :thumbsup:

njc11 02-09-2011 07:49 AM

Not had chance to test myself yet... but my findings from using the chassis stiffner..(LAW41) it worked well indoor on smooth surfaces was the reason i said what i did.. so could work well on high grip smooth.. ive yet to find out..

When i then went outside i removed LAW41 as the car was better without it, more forgiving etc..

Tebo ive noticed has kept his on... but high grip smooth is what he runs!

ryanlownie 02-09-2011 08:06 AM

I'll take a set!

Mr. Pink 02-09-2011 08:30 AM

I made a 3mm thick cf top-deck for my FS2 and tried it out on our bumby astro track (green hill). The main difference I noticed was that it evened out the steering feel. On high grip my original lazer tends to over steer and flip if you push hard in the corners. With the top decks the tendency to traction roll was lower. When the track was wet and slippery the car was so nice and stable. Instead of letting go front or rear first when pushing hard, it just drifted sideways.

I made my front top-deck in one piece instead of the 2-piece design from the WC. Many drivers drilled a hole straight through both pieces and fitted a screw and nut to prevent the steering to flex too much.

carlin 02-09-2011 08:35 AM

I'm still waiting for mine lol........

Put me down Nick as always :thumbsup:

spenner 02-09-2011 09:00 AM

The original top decks handed out at the worlds were to give more side 2 side flex not less!!
The carbon used was layered forward making the car more rigid front to back but more flex side 2 side. This is why they are designed for low traction clay surface. I have tried them on various astro tracks and can honestly say you won't be using them here. If the carbon that nick has had them made out of is cross weave then you will get a totally different effect. Plus if it was less flex your after then a one piece top deck is what you need.

RogerM 02-09-2011 09:07 AM

The amount of grip a tire can give you is limited to how it's pressed into the surface. A stiffer car with no flex will transfer all the load (via the suspension obviously) to the tires more efficiently so it will feel more direct and like it generates more initial grip.

This explains why going to a softer spring can help in controlling grip roll (so long as you don't run out of travel and the suspension goes solid of course).

It depends on the layup of the carbon, if it is unidirectional, like those used at the worlds, it will EITHER give more side-side but less longditudinal stiffness OR vice versa. I believe that the ones used at the worlds were stiffer longditudinally to improve traction.

A stiffer car is more responsive but to the track surface as well as driver inputs, that is why some people prefer the "easier" feel of a plastic chassis to a graphite one.

I will certainly be having a set of carbon top decks to go on my FS2-SP when I get that, sadly I think it'll be next year before I run 4wd in anger again though so it's going to be a while before I can feedback.

johan neyens 02-09-2011 09:41 AM

If you are willing to ship the items to belgium i would buy one!!

njc11 02-09-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panic (Post 548162)
I m interested for a set. Would you ship it overseas? Ie Vancouver canada?:woot:

yes i can ship for you.. postage would be a little more though.. depending how you want it sending.

njc11 02-09-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan neyens (Post 548250)
If you are willing to ship the items to belgium i would buy one!!

Shipping is no problem.. see above reply..

njc11 02-09-2011 10:37 AM

Ok a list..

Please add if you want a set..

Tony Parr
Ryan Lownie
Panic (proper name??)
Rob Carlin
Johan Neyens

Gayo 02-09-2011 11:40 AM

If it makes the car stiffer, please count me in :thumbsup:

Panic 02-09-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njc11 (Post 548277)
Ok a list..

Please add if you want a set..

Tony Parr
Ryan Lownie
Panic (proper name??)- George Tzanakis
Rob Carlin
Johan Neyens

zippy 03-09-2011 05:48 PM

hi njc11 i,ll be going to the f2 at silverstone on sunday.would it be possable to buy a set on sunday thanks simon :)