oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Broxtowe Model Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   New carpet arrives (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131809)

richardj 27-06-2013 02:29 PM

New carpet arrives

Now in the store room at Greasley 6 rolls of new carpet ready for the indoor season. Remember all buggies MUST have shock protectors fitted from the start.

jimmy noke 27-06-2013 03:53 PM

Carpet

Can't wait when does indoor season start

/tobys 28-06-2013 03:21 PM

does this mean an indoor off road series this winter? :thumbsup:

200sx 28-06-2013 04:31 PM

Would bmcc consider going one step further than shock protectors and consider banning mini pins et al and enforce off road slicks to keep the new carpet in top condition?

richardj 30-06-2013 08:16 PM

We will be having a committee meeting in the next few weeks if you want me to put anything forward send a pm to me so it can be raised.

shark 30-06-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200sx (Post 785805)
Would bmcc consider going one step further than shock protectors and consider banning mini pins et al and enforce off road slicks to keep the new carpet in top condition?

Umm be interesting to know which classes in general have financed the carpet? ...... Just wondered :)

Alan 04-07-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shark (Post 786212)
Umm be interesting to know which classes in general have financed the carpet? ...... Just wondered :)

The club as a whole has financed the carpet, not one particular class. I think we have to give it some serious thought as to how to protect and prolong the life of the carpet though. Mini pins, in my opinion did some damage to the previous carpet in causing it to fluff up and grip to become variable and there are perfectly viable alternatives to minipins that can be run, and to be fair may well last longer on a buggy than mini pins did and offer better grip. However, this is my opinion, and a decision will be made by the committee not me!
Slick / treaded buggy tyres may be tested on our old carpet track and the results posted here. We will also give people as much notice as possible bnefore the indoor season starts.
We do not want to ruin any ones racing, but we must consider how to properly protect our investment.:thumbsup:

One thing is pretty certain, shock tower protectors will become mandatory, (yet another coimmittee decision so not 100%) and checks will be made for loose screws underneath etc!

Alan

wes j. 05-07-2013 01:49 PM

If anyone would like to purchase some lovely shock tower protectors just drop me a pm :thumbsup:.

siddus74 06-09-2013 05:22 PM

Not that im running my buggy, but are mini pins allowed for this indoor season?

Dont found my answer on the FB page ;-)

brooksy 06-09-2013 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Could these be your solution?