oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Anyone recognise this Yokomo vintage body paint. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112616)

terry.sc 15-10-2012 12:34 PM

Anyone recognise this Yokomo vintage body paint.
 
I've had this Yokomo Drescher edition for some time posted in my Tamiyaclub showroom, and every so often someone would send me a message that it looks like Jimbo Pearson/Rory Cull/Marc Neales old buggy. Just curious to see if anyone does recognise the body at all as it certainly wasn't painted by the racer I bought it off.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/tc_userima...09210016_2.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/tc_userima...09210016_1.jpg

James 15-10-2012 01:08 PM

Looks Jimbo Pearsons I think, Rory Cull used to have a more candy red base colour and Mark used to have green as the base colour. All the Associated team had similar style shells back then. The detail in the window is something Dallas used to do in some of the shells he painted but I'm not sure this is one of his.

terry.sc 15-10-2012 11:08 PM

Thanks James, good to know the Yoke does have some history then. Guess I won't be trashing the shell when I rebuild it then.:thumbsup:

racingdwarf 15-10-2012 11:35 PM

I would go with jimbo, could have been a pete darwell paint job...but not 100%on that.

Not sure on mark neal, but deff not rory cull,

Luke Burley 16-10-2012 09:48 PM

Definitely not Rory on Mark. Jimbo was mostly green as well but in more or less that design. The paint looks like Pete Darwell to me as we'll. he used to do that style on the windows.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com