oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1/10th buggy all ready to run (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113045)

Sturdy 21-10-2012 09:35 AM

1/10th buggy all ready to run
 
Hi guys

Wondering if anyone has got a buggy 1/10th scale electric with all the basics on ready to race? It's for a friend looking to start getting into the hobby.

Ideal buggy inc battery,esc,motor and transmitter etc.

Obviously not stupid money but anything upto £120 for everything and ill see what offers I get through.

Many thanks

Rich3672 21-10-2012 10:56 AM

1/10 buggy
 
Hi modelsport.co.uk do a annsmann mad rat ready to race it a great little learning car it £99 pound brand new I had one :) as my fist car a had a lot of fun with one!!

gixxer 21-10-2012 11:56 AM

I'll second that I got my son one crackin car for the money!

12-nitroman 21-10-2012 12:08 PM

+1 great car,or you could buy the mad monkey but the brushless is that is so bad i dont know how it got onto the shelves :p


Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxer (Post 705923)
I'll second that I got my son one crackin car for the money!


Sturdy 22-10-2012 10:58 AM

Cheers all. Can you change the set up on the mad rat? Is it a brushed set up?

Sturdy 22-10-2012 03:19 PM

Are the FTX Edge 1/10th any good??

farmboy 22-10-2012 03:35 PM

I've got an FTX Edge and it's a good car, better in comparison to my daughter's Mad Rat (though the Rat is still v good).

There are more places that will have stock of spares for the Mad Rat though. Not that spares aren't available for the Edge, they're just less likely to be held in-stock.

kaylon 22-10-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturdy (Post 706297)
Cheers all. Can you change the set up on the mad rat? Is it a brushed set up?

Ansmann's are fully adjustable and come in brushed and brushless versions at the appropriate costs.

Ansmann's are cheap to maintain and spares as a rule are easy to get. Bear in mind that Team C are the OEM's of Ansmann's and are now fully supported in the UK so it might be better to get the Team C version which is called The Jekyll... It's the same car but with a cab forward shell.

The FTX Edge is also not a bad choice for a first buggy or even a second buggy... The parts are easy to find and the the plastic is excellent, very tough little car. I bashed mine around quite a bit and nothing broke. I prefer the drive train of the Edge as it's a geared diff, I hate ball diffs LOL...they just add something else to worry about. As soon as I have the cash I'm getting a geared diff for my DEX210.

So.. in summery. Ansmann/Team C are getting popular and spares are cheap. It's not the most robust car though and has a fragile ball diff. The FTX Edge is a tough car, not quite as refined or race spec but it's a terrific buggy with very good handling and a tougher drive diff as it's a geared diff. It has proprietary front wheels though...

Hope that helps...

J



Sturdy 22-10-2012 05:08 PM

Thanks all for the info and advice


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com