oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   C4.1 Diff Shimming (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118783)

neiloliver 06-01-2013 10:13 PM

C4.1 Diff Shimming
 
The diff in my C4.1 has always had quite a lot of side to side movement. When you have the transmission out of the car and you view the diff gear through the open slot it will move from one side of the slot to the other quite easily (but does not bind). I dont think this is a major issue but I am sure it should not have this much movement?

Do other people see this with their cars?

I thought about shimming it using the shims from my B44 but they dont fit over the outdrives - I guess they are smaller due to the bearings being imperial in the B44 and metric in the B4.1/C4.1.

Comments / ideas?

Neil

wezzer 08-01-2013 11:32 AM

i have never shimmed mine Neil, it did have a little bit of side to side play buts its never caused an issue.

gazhillAE 08-01-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wezzer (Post 730416)
i have never shimmed mine Neil, it did have a little bit of side to side play buts its never caused an issue.

Ditto :thumbsup:

tisher 08-01-2013 03:23 PM

same here I think they all have sideways movement does not cause any problem or wear on the box tho:)

neiloliver 11-01-2013 04:55 PM

OK, thanks for the comments. Sorry for the delay in replying.

N:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com