oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   22 mid motor setup (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122935)

Madman1 23-02-2013 06:23 PM

22 mid motor setup
 
Hi just got a new 22 and built it mid motor cuz of the high bit that my local track has. And I'm having a really hard time finding a good base line setup to start at. The track I run at is high bit clay (wet) and as the night goes on it starts washboarding. Car works really well right now but very twitchy. So if you guys could help me out on a solid setup from tires to shock piston and everything embetween I would appricate it. Thanks.

Frecklychimp 23-02-2013 06:42 PM

Have a look here matey:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...TwentyTwo.html

There are a few clay/dirt set ups for mid motor configuration.

:thumbsup:

Madman1 24-02-2013 01:10 AM

Anytime I click on them from that site it comes up blank. That's why I was asking on here. Iv looked everywhere.

Arn0 24-02-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman1 (Post 749434)
Anytime I click on them from that site it comes up blank. That's why I was asking on here. Iv looked everywhere.

What device are you using? Computer or I-device?
Some people have trouble reading pdf with some apple stuff.

Madman1 24-02-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arn0 (Post 749443)
What device are you using? Computer or I-device?
Some people have trouble reading pdf with some apple stuff.

iPhone

cryer-evo 26-02-2013 08:18 AM

Try this out

Front suspension
Toe +1
Ride height 19mm
Camber -1 deg
Caster 5deg
Kick angle 25deg
Sway bar no
Oil 27.5
Piston 55
Spring blue my be one softer
Spindle type trailing
Shock limiters 2mm
Shock location 2 on tower outside on arm
Bump steer no spacers
Camber link 2 with no spacers

Rear suspension

Toe 4 deg
Anti squat 2 deg
Roll centre lrc
Ride height 20mm
Camber 2 deg
Rear hub spacing middle
Hex width stock
Sway bar no
Oil 25
Piston 55
Spring yellow
Shock limiters no
Camber link 1 with 1mm under and E with 1mm under
Shock location 2 on tower/ outside on arm
Battery saddle

If you can get hold of a cream waght that would help a lot our put about 40g of lead just in front of motor underneath the brace

Make shour you are running the same tyres as most the peaple at your track

Please give it a go and let me now if its any better

jcb 27-02-2013 11:21 AM

I run the following on my local dirt track at Norfolk Buggy Club. Our track normally starts off damp and tacky and then goes dusty. We run Pro-line Bow-ties or Calibers for reference as I don't race on any other dirt tracks.

Front:-
Toe - Toe in 0.5 degree
Ride height - Outer hinge pin level with inner pin - about 20mm I think
Camber - -1 deg
Caster - 10deg
Kick angle - 25deg (brass)
Sway bar no
Oil - 32.5
Piston - 4 Hole #55
Spring - Green
Spindle type - Kit, with spacer at front (ie shortening the wheel base)
Spindle Height - High (2mm at top and none at bottom)
Shock limiters - 2mm
Shock location - Middle on tower and wishbone
Bump - 1mm
Camber link - outside on bulkhead (2) with 2mm washers and 1mm washer on hub

Rear:-
Toe - 4 deg
Anti squat - 2.5 deg
Roll centre - LRC
Ride height 20mm
Camber - -2 degree
Rear hub - Forward (short wheel base)
Hex width - +1.5mm
Sway bar - no
Oil - 27.5wt
Piston - 2 x #54 and 2 x #55
Spring - yellow
Shock limiters - no
Camber link - 2 with 2mm washer and B with zero washer
Shock location - Middle on tower and inside on wishbone

Notes:

LMR rear wing used
6 grams (from TLR weight kit) located either side of anti-squat block
Rounded Pistons
Saddle pack Lipo's with 80 grams weight underneath
TLR rear weight kit used as track gets dusty.






Equally you could post your current set-up and perhaps we could suggest some changes for you to try.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com